[RR] North American December 2021 Round Robin - The Give the Gift of Postcards Edition - Closed

#16 reporting
Received from
#1. @cawindt a beautiful colonial Williamsburg card. Hope you enjoy your vacation
#3. @Cruzin breathtaking big sir, California, great stickers
#7. @treeclimber tasty gingerbread cookies
#8. @Shesa-Renegade a cute Christmas bear
#10. @emotis puppy dogs watching the mail truck
#11. @PostAddy the old man in a tree. Love the hippo sticker
#12. @Yarn-Lady a cute llama
#13. @ladybug513 beautiful looking glass waterfalls. I’ve never made one of those blankets. But they look fun
#18. @crochetjessica they are actually lillies. But I like those too.
#20. @Triol bush kill falls, beautiful. Going to put this on my list of places to visit
#21. @Beachyblonde a cute teddy bear card that can be used as a coaster. Unusual!
#24. @roxy Christmas greetings. Love the stickers
#29. @melvnoble beautiful orchids
#30. @RockyRoadTrip snow scene with horses. I’ve often wondered the same thing

Thank you everyone. Enjoyed them all

3 Likes

My thanks to:
#4 @jenhart I hope you had a merry Christmas with your daughters!
#20 @triol nice Did You Know card from Denali. We were trying to plan another Alaska trip for spring, but it haven’t found the time yet.
#28 @TwoDoggies Cute Christmas card. I am thinking I’ll start taking down decorations tomorrow… maybe.

To Receive: 9

Many thanks to:

#28 @TwoDoggies : sweet Christmas card (I have to admit it’s a little bit of relief to have the season over so I can just relax now!)

#29 @melvnoble : cozy cottage impressionist painting :heart:

6 - @mikeyz1 - a very cute “kitty stool” - made me smile! So glad you remembered your cats stockings!
7 - @treeclimber - Gingerbread treats! I didn’t bake this year - I really missed the gingerbread cookies!
10 - @emotis - Dogs watching the Mail Truck out of the snowy window - such a cute card!
11 - @PostAddy - A Tiger Christmas! Also timely, as the upcoming Chinese New Year is the Tiger!
16 - @sleepyhippo1 - A red barn with a tractor peaking out!!! - We just got our first (long overdue) serious snow - and frigid temps - it’s here!
18 - @crochetjessica - Painting of Cherry Blossoms - I was in DC one year at the perfect time - really amazing to see!
21 - @Beachyblonde - A knitting gnome - I just love this guy - so damn cute!
24 - @roxy - A Christmas village – before this area grew, we had one about that cute to shop in!
30 - @RockyRoadTrip - Yaks in the snow! or Highland Cattle? or? I’m not sure, but I do believe there is spinnable down under that hair!

Thank you all!

1 Like

#29 - With this report, all my December postcards have arrived!

#1 @cawindt - Thank you for this postcard from the Governor’s Palace in Colonial Williamsburg! I also cannot believe it’s 2022 so soon. We’re all still processing 2019, 2020, and what even was 2021!? :laughing:

#13 @ladybug513 - Thank you for this cozy cup of hot cocoa! Loved your holiday greeting poem! I was sick for the holidays, so I had lots of hot tea to keep me cozy!

#20 @Triol - Thank you for this COVID 2020 postcard! It will be wild to look back at this collection of postcards when we are (hopefully???) out of this mess.

#21 @Beachyblonde - Thank you for this sweet snowy mushroom clock! My boyfriend doesn’t understand the cute cottage core mushroom aesthetic, but I love it! I hate mushrooms as food also, but the cutesy ones I can’t say no to looking at!

#24 @roxy - Thank you for this sweet Christmas Greeting! Love this little street scene. I like going to towns like this where all the buildings are connected and you can visit various shops. It’s so magical at Christmastime!

#28 @TwoDoggies - Thank you for this Lou Paper Christmas postcard! I’m hoping for a restful and stress-free remainder of the year as well! Our Christmas was very simple but so nice!

See all the postcards I’ve received for this RR here!

1 Like

#25 with lots of updates! Almost all received!

#1 @cawindt A lovely postcard of George Wythe House in Williamsburg. I love listening to audiobooks. I don’t find much time to just sit and read, so I appreciate a good audiobook to be able to get other things done at the same time!

#11 @PostAddy lovely Christmas wishes with glitter pens and great decor!

#13 @ladybug513 a lovely postcard of the American Holly stamp from 1997–I loved this one. Thank you!

#20 @Triol Lovely Christmas wishes from Longwood Gardens

#21 @Beachyblonde what cute snowy greetings. I adore this card! I got my tree up on December 18–it gave us some time at least to enjoy it! :stuck_out_tongue:

#24 @roxy Lovely ornamental Christmas greetings with ALL of the amazing Canadian stamps, including a great vintage one of Elizabeth and Phillip!! What studs!

#27 @NittanyLionRI HEHEHEHEHEHEEEEEEE German sausage jokes ARE the WURST. :laughing: My husband’s last name is Franks, so this hits even better. I do feel like German is very familiar but the sentence structure is so different. I managed to get around places decently in Germany with zero prior German knowledge.

#28 @TwoDoggies lovely holiday greetings! Thank you!

#29 @melvnoble I love these Gregory Blackstock postcards! The Christmas Ornament ball (that looks like a Chicago flag) and Christmas Crystal Light ball is second best only to the yarn ball :stuck_out_tongue:

Thank you all!

3 Likes

#9 received
from #28 @TwoDoggies Sends a guilty looking Christmas cat! I love it

#17 received cool card from

#28 @TwoDoggies neat close up card of a snowman face, “Merry Christmas”.

#28 @TwoDoggies received:

#20 @Triol a restful Christmas card of Santa and his dog with reindeer antlers, sitting on the dock of the bay. Love it and thank you.

#4 @jenhart has received

#1 @cawindt : great postal boxes multiples card. I really really liked Dead Wake. I thought it was better than Devil in the White City - which started to drag for me at a certain point.

Thank you!

#22 uconn

#1 @cawindt Thanks for the Tomb of the Unknown. I’ve been there and love all the history and museumsin DC

#13 @ladybug513 great roadside attraction, thanks!

#21 @Beachyblonde. Great Christmas Inkognito card, thanks

#22 @Triol thanks for the Christmas greetings

#28 @TwoDoggies thanks for the holiday bear

#29 @melvnoble. A Christmas Carol Dr. Who, thanks!

2 Likes

#20 @Triol – The Twelve Days of Christmas–very pretty card–Thank you–Happy New Year!

#11 received my last card to complete this rr for me!

Last but certainly not least, I received from #15 @teddypostcrossing a cute sloth snow globe card with cute Christmas sloth stickers to match. Thanks, Kristine!

1 Like

#2 CrimsonKing received from:

#21 @Beachyblonde a cute card! This card is new to me, thank you Whitney! :smiley: I’m ready for 2022, let’s go!! :smiley:

#28 @TwoDoggies another cute card! Thank you Terri!

All cards received Craig. :smiley:

3 Likes

#9 received from #1 @cawindt from the woman scientist box Rita Levi Montalcini

Good Evening! I am checking in with a nice batch of cards:

#1 @cawindt Thank you for this great picture postcard of the Raleigh Tavern in Colonial Williamsburg. I really like the multitasking option which audio books help create! I had a funny/scary thing happen when listening to The Time Traveler’s Wife. At the end, 2 voices blend at the same time. I was listening late at night and the dual voice change spooked me! The Apollo stamp from 1976 is cool! Happy New Year to you!

#11 @PostAddy Thank you for these snow bunnies sending me holiday greetings! I like these cards by Current, Inc-which is a Colorado company. Happy 2022 to you!

#20 @Triol Thank you for this Country Store Snowy Holiday Season card. It certainly brings a seasonal feeling! Hope your holidays are going well and Happy New Year!

#24 @roxy Thank you for the cheerful red card! Sorry to hear your green Christmas was snowed upon! It won’t last long, will it?! Happy 2022 to you!

#28 @TwoDoggies Thank you for this Santa overlooking the holiday activities! I have never seen this one! I think I am getting better at signing up for the card exchanges when I have time! Maybe I am! Eyes rolling! Happy 2022 to you!

#29 @melvnoble Thanks for this sunny sunflower! I would love sunflowers all year long!! I just returned from Mexico where I spent Christmas! Happy 2022!

1 Like

#13 with one more card from:

#1 @cawindt - Thank you for the Lighthouses of Ohio to add to my collection. This is only my second one for Ohio, this one with some very interesting looking lighthouses all located on Lake Erie. It sounds like you had another great visit from the twins. Memories are made of this!

I hope everyone had a lovely Christmas!

I have more cards to report :

#12 @Yarn-Lady sent two cards - one of Santa and his reindeer flying off to the next house and a cozy Christmas scene which just screams holidays to me.

#20 @triol sent a precious Prince George at Christmas card

#21 @Beachyblonde sent a card ordering me to Keep Calm and Eat a Poutine - I guess my lunch dilemma is now solved! :slight_smile:

#30 @RockyRoadTrip sent a delightful Krampus card but the best part was the message on the back - damn punk rock music, indeed! :slight_smile:

#10 @emotis sent a precious illustration of two dogs watching out the window at the USPS truck… I’m sure they were expecting some treats!

#25 @jocrafts sent an unnamed motel sign. They have vacancy and those new fangled colour tvs!

Thank you everyone for the delightful cards, your nice messages and the decorations! Happy New Year!

1 Like

#27 NittanyLionRI

#28 @TwoDoggies sent an adorable Elf shoe Christmas house card. Happy New Year!!

I have received all cards from this group😁

#28 @TwoDoggies lovely card thank you terri.