[RR] North American August 2022 Round Robin - The "It's Hotter than Blazes" Edition - Closed!

18 reporting

All August cards have been mailed! :tada:

#19 received

#10 @emotis - thank you! Last time we went to Boston was for a family reunion and it was fun. There is so much history and tasty food. Enjoy!

#13 All of my cards were taken to the post office this morning!

#9 reporting:

#17 @YOIYUMTEWA Thank you Rick! It is a perfect choice. My first Pete Seeger stamp too. I tried to buy some the other day, but “the supervisor hadn’t brought them over yet.” :roll_eyes:

#19 @ellistrations Thank you Barbara for the Redwood NP card! One of the few I have visited. You folks who are prepared for the holidays so early are amazing to those of us who aren’t!

2 Likes

#14 reporting

#17 @YOIYUMTEWA sends me a lovely diamond back rattlesnake
#19 @ellistrations sends turtles and a really cool painting

1 Like

AUGUST 2022 NARR

Report 1 from: Rocky Road Trip #30

This steamy month has ushered in the first set of NARR cards – and, no relief here; they’re all scorching hot!

#02 @CrimsonKing: sent a fun oversized-animal novelty card. This one shows an outdoorsman driving off with a giant trout laid out on the back of his flatbed truck. Sender nonchalantly claims he saw a “fair-sized” trout that day. (But boy that massive thing must stink). Classic chrome, hokey humor. Love it! Not the biggest fish fan but, like you, will do tuna in a pouch, salmon, and the occasional red snapper. Too many “not fresh” experiences to make me a consistent seafood fan Thanks.

#14 @ScoutingBear: sent a hilarious card from the Duckboy humor series showing a ranch hand shoveling horse manure with the tagline “Training for Politics”! (As George Costanza once reflected, manure’s not such a bad thing à “It’s 'newer, which is good. And a ‘ma’ in front of it. MA-NURE. When you consider the other choices, ‘manure’ is actually pretty refreshing.”) Yes, nice choice. Hope you had fun exploring Route 66 and picked up some great cards like this one! Thanks.

#17 @YoiYumTewa: sent a classic view of “The Host of the Highways” a Howard Johnson’s restaurant. How the heck did this franchise ever go under? It was such a road trip staple back in the day. The orange roof and Simple Simon/Pie Man logo. Thanks for finding this one. I can smell the fried clams once again! Thanks!

#19 @Ellistrations: sent a horse-drawn carriage shot from historic Beaufort, SC. We spent a nice sunny morning there once a few years back. Beautiful city. But you’re right, they exposed this shot for the sun-lit Tabernacle Baptist church in the background so that the focus of the shot, the carriage, is cast in shadow. There really should be a mandatory postcard composition training course! Yes, unabated heat. But Fall is coming. Thanks!

#22 @Uconn: sent a shot of the mystical Crucifix Fish. Nothing more than the skeleton of a Caribbean catfish (also known locally as a Sail Cat) whose bone structure forms what looks to be a crucifix. Accompanied by a reminder that the Lord gave us the Crucifix Fish, to remind us of Christ’s suffering on the cross. Lest we forget. Thanks for the reminder!

Okay, you can view these August hotshots here on my Flickr account.

And all my August cards are mailed out as of tomorrow

Rocky Road Trip #30

4 Likes

Thank you to

#10 @emotis : a Lantern Press card of Cape Cod Lighthouses :bouncing: Have a wonderful rest of your trip!

All cards are out for tomorrow’s pick up!

#22 uconn

#30 @RockyRoadTrip I love the Allentown Farmer’s Market. I’ve never stopped at this amusement park though. Thanks

#8 Shesa-Renegade here with my first report for the month!

#14 @scoutingbear sends a fabulous Lantern Press card from the Grand Canyon. I’m so happy to hear that you got to slow down on your trip. I have had a couple of trips like that. One of the things I enjoy is seeing a sign on the road for something exciting and just veering off to check it out on a whim. You can’t do that if you’re on a schedule. YAY you!!

#17 @YOIYUMTEWA sends a vintage card of the Cog Wheel train heading up Pikes Peak. I have never been on a cross-country train trip, but it is on my list. There is one in Canada that I have been considering. Thank you for the birthday wishes!

#18 @LaurenceB sends a fabulous watercolor-style card of a whale with a lighthouse on it’s back, and a cheeky octopus. I love that you won’t use an umbrella. The one invention I won’t buy is an instant pot. It’s just me and I don’t need my food that fast
haha. LOVE your decorations on the card! The seahorse is fabulous!

#19 @ellistrations sends a fun card that combines science & the beach. This is a great card! No wonder I love the beach so much
haha. I also love the dog stamp you used. I think of all of the stamps I’ve seen, that one is one of my favorites.

Received: 14, 17, 18, 19

1 Like

#25 @Missy99 reporting two more received:

#22 @uconn - Thank you for the Allosaurus postcard! On a recent road trip, my fiancé and I stopped at every dinosaur statue we could find, so I loved getting this card. The stamps were also fantastic, thank you!

#19 @ellistrations - Thank you so much for the dog-themed postcard! Adorable dog postcard, dog stamp, and dog tape- it was fantastic! And I can’t believe what a small world it is. We have such a similar history! Mahalo nui loa!

2 Likes

Hello everyone!
I’m back from Poland! :poland: I will be working over the next couple days to do updates for August and July and answer any private messages that were sent. Thank you for your patience this summer as my schedule took me away for long periods.

1 Like

18 reporting! First card of the month is here!

24 @roxy sent a large letter card from New York! I just got back from vacation too and my family is tired of waiting for me at souvenir shops :joy: I am OBSESSED with your map washi tape :heart_eyes: Thank you very much

#21 sharing #14 and # 22

I have to chuckle because today all of my cards there were six all from MEN
Now normally I would be flattered and of course I am lol however it was my hubby picking up the mail 
. “Sparky, you’ve some explaining to do?”

We both chuckled 
 thanks for keeping my man on his toes ( btw he is not in the least the jealous type)

Soooooo. #14 @scouting bear ( not sure your name, wasn’t signed) I know you are a lady shhhhhh I won’t tell if you don’t

I actually loved this card it was reminiscent of travels where cabins were often all I could find on deserted highways.

#22 @uconn James, I love Christmas and I sew a lot so these scissors are absolutely me, I am known to have a few pairs
very vintage which I also appreciate.

The other cards were from profiles
.so appreciate your notes too and love the floral stamp and mmmmm politics :wink:
Just looked up it’s Karen

1 Like

#25 @Missy99 reporting that all postcards have been mailed out.
I am brand new to Postcrossing, so I don’t have a big variety of postcards to send. I hope everyone will enjoy what I’ve sent!

4 Likes

#28 has sent the cards for #13-#30

#16 @jacieslar The following cards are in the mail:

#1 - #6
      #9 and #10
     #12 - #15
     #17 - #21
     #23 and #24

#19 received

#5 @carolreader - thank you! It is so exciting to be able to find a card for someone’s challenge, though it’s even more exciting to receive one, I love it! It’s so pretty with the reflection.

18 reporting!

10 @emotis sent a beautiful sandcastle Lantern Press from Cape Cod! I’m a bit jealous of all your travels this summer haha :upside_down_face: :upside_down_face: Thank you sooo much for the beach vibes!! I sure hope to visit the east coast soon, I miss it!! Haven’t been back since I got married in Maine - a few years ago already!

14 @scoutingbear sent funny outhouses from Route 66!! Woahhhh you actually stopped there??? FUN! And they are in working order? xD

21 @mdmsamm sent her own work of a red bike!! Love it! Thank you for sharing your watercolor with me again! I wish I had more time to cycle
 When the kids are older, probably. Baby is too young for the little bike seat! I do have a set of pedals for under the desk! Good for a little WFH workout. I really should use it while I write postcards, ha :upside_down_face: Glad to see you here this month, thank you for the great card!

22 @uconn sent a miniature chapel! Very cool! I’m surprised that 27 inches took the Sir 4 years to complete!! I think I would go crazy looking at the same small thing for that much time. Thanks for the cool card and fun stamps :sunglasses:

3 Likes

#17’s latest cool received cards

#2 @CrimsonKing art card if Ida Rubenstein as Saint Sebastian in June 1911, Yes, the colors and details are amazing

#19 @ellistrations Kansas state flag, Lantern Press card. I love these cards. You mention wanting to live on a farm. The first thing I remember wanting to be was a farmer. Still prefer small town/rural life to cities.

#22 @uconn Card with several pictures of the Oscar Mayer “weiner-mobile” I would think it would be difficult to drive.

3 Likes

#8 Shesa-Renegade checking in to say that all of my cards are written and will be in the morning mailbox! :bouncing:

Received: 14, 17, 18, 19