[RR] North American August 2022 Round Robin - The "It's Hotter than Blazes" Edition - Closed!

#9 reporting received from #14 @scoutingbear Nice hits on road trip and motorcycles. :slight_smile: So fun to see your Route 66 cards popping up everywhere. Thank you!

#26 will have all cards traveling on thursday :blush:

#4 has received my first 2 cards:

#14 @scoutingbear : Route 66. I absolutely love a road trip. I haven’t been west in years - I need to get out there!

#18 @LaurenceB : absolutely perfect illustrated street of London. What gorgeous names your babies have :heart: My younger daughter has a very, very popular name (Elizabeth) but my older daughter’s name (Guinevere) remains unique/uncommon after all 22 years of her life.

Thank you!

#29 - One more postcard to report!

#17 @YOIYUMTEWA - Thank you Rick for this vintage postcard of Fort Nisqually in Tacoma, Washington! I’ve been to the Seattle area to visit friends once in 2017, but I would love to visit again! I enjoy these kinds of historical sites a lot!

#28 reports cards 1-12 in today’s mail.

#5 - all my cards went into the mail this morning.

And I have received:

#14 @scoutingbear - state map card of Arizona! Thank you.

#17 @YOIYUMTEWA - American Impressionism, a peaceful, bucolic country scene by an artist new to me. Thanks, Rick!

My cards can be seen here.

#6 reporting

#14 @scoutingbear sent a fun Route 66 card about Juan Delgadillo. I need to learn more about him.

#17 @YOIYUMTEWA sent a great James McNeil Whistler card!

#19 received

#17 @YOIYUMTEWA - thank you! This is beautiful and it has definitely cooled me down for a moment. If only it were that easy, I agree!

#22 @uconn - thank you! Perfect for a couple collections. You’re great at finding those. Oh no, bummer on your car! I once backed into a friends’ car and popped their tail light out… I felt so bad!

2 Likes

#19 received

#2 @CrimsonKing - thank you! I am ready for the move, but the feeing will be so bitter sweet, haha! We still need to get the girls on the contract before I can do anything.

1 Like

#22 uconn

#2 @CrimsonKing Bratwurst capital of the world. Awesome

#17 @YOIYUMTEWA thanks for this Bellini art of Orpheus

1 Like

#27 @beatriceh Cards 2, 4-7, 10, 13 are in the mail.

#25 reporting two received:

#14 @scoutingbear - Thank you for the fantastic roadside attraction postcard! I’m so glad you enjoyed your trip, and I hope that you’ll get to explore eastern AZ soon. Road trips are always so much fun, and you never know what you’ll see.

#17 @YOIYUMTEWA - Thank you for the lovely impressionist art postcard. I’ve been appreciating Impressionism more and more, and I really love this image. It ‘feels’ like somewhere I’ve been before.

#29 - One more postcard! I’m waiting for the avalanche to hit my mailbox! :laughing:

#22 @uconn - Thank you James for another X-Files postcard! This time, it’s Fox Mulder! My partner has learned that you are the one who sends me the most X-Files cards at this point. He’s learning secondhand about our NARR community! :smile:

1 Like

LOL, I think that’s my last one

#2 reporting

#14 @scoutingbear sent a Pantone card of Cactus Flower, love it, thank you Karen! :cactus: :smiley: How does your daughter’s room look now? Does it feel like you’re at the beach? :beach_umbrella: I’m glad she had a great 12th birthday!

#13 with early birds from:

#2 @CrimsonKing - a variety of Andy Warhol Campbell Soup Cans! My grandmother always had Campbell Soup on hand. I ate a lot of Chicken Noodle, Mushroom and Tomato Soup as a kid. Sadly, no, we did not keep any of the old labels. We did live in Camden NJ and you could smell the tomatoes all over the city when they were cooking and canning the tomato based soups. Yummy! Thank you for the card and the memories!

#14 @scoutingbear - Thank you so much for the Desert View Drive of the South Rim of the Grand Canyon. It sounds like you had a lovely time traveling with your friend. I can’t ever imagine that seeing the Grand Canyon would grow old. What an experience!

#17 @yoiyumtewa - From the Hill, Giverny by Theodore Robinson (1852-1896). What a lovely view. I bet it hasn’t changed much at all. Thank you! Cute owl stamp!

#19 @ellistrations - a Strawberry Short Cupcake! Thank you for this very cute card. I love strawberry shortcake. I should make one! Whipped cream and dark chocolate is yummy, too. Haven’t made dipped strawberries in a long time. Too long! Nice washi and stamps!

#22 @uconn - a beautiful view of Glacier National Park carpeted with wildflowers along Lake Sherbourne. Awesome! Thank you! We visited Mystic Seaport so many years ago. Had a great time there. We were put to work sewing a sail. Our kids loved it. Great stamps!

4 Likes

#14 reporting

#18 @LaurenceB sends a cartoon frog. I used to catch them all the time as a kid.
#22 @uconn sends a tree frog!

2 Likes

#21 here to showcase my very first card and that :clap: goes
to #24 @roxy

Now I am not quite sure this is an actual read list and if so I may not be the avid reader I thought I was :wink: and being a nutritionist/ pharma I have a slew of cookbooks and not one of these lol. And thank you for the welcome :wink:

#22 uconn

#19 @ellistrations nice scenic grist mill.
Thanks

1 Like

#4 has received:

#17 @YOIYUMTEWA : beautiful Marblehead Lighthouse. Tybee Island Light in Savannah is a beautiful one to up in and the keepers cottage is well preserved and staged.

#19 @ellistrations : Lantern Press Lake Eerie lighthouses. I go outside and read at the break of dawn. By 9 I am forced inside. And the other day I found several “cow killers” scurrying on my driveway … inside I go!!

#22 @uconn : classic Coke advertising. I visited Mystic about 20 years ago. I imagine it has changed a lot!

1 Like