[RR] North American August 2022 Round Robin - The "It's Hotter than Blazes" Edition - Closed!

#22 uconn

#5 @carolreader Hieronymous Bosch love it! Such crazy details. Thanks!

#24 @roxy thanks for this card and cool stamps. :joy:

#26 @sarahaeyo great movie poster card. Love the warning too. A nice clear, legible postmark too
Thanks

1 Like

My cards may be a little lateā€¦Iā€™m working my tail off trying to find host families for many students we still have left to place!

Received:
#3 @Cruzin Great balancing elephant birthday card! Thank you! Also really love your self-care list!!
#5 @carolreader Great cat bus card from the anime Totoro - a favorite - Thank you!! Thank you as well, for sharing what you do for self care!
#14 @scoutingbear an illustration of a burro kicking a cowboy on Route 66! LOL Thank you! And another great explanation of self-care!!
#17 @YOIYUMTEWA Great gila monster card!! I have yet to see one in the wild, too, but I did just see a quail in the wild for the first time on Saturday! Thank you!
#19 @ellistrations Great USPS stamp card of the Happy Birthday stamp $0.37! Thank you for the birthday wishes!
#22 @uconn a mummy card! Thank you for sharing what you do for self-care!!!
#28 @TwoDoggies UNESCO card of Rozenhoedkaai, from Brugge, Belgium! Thank you! And thank you for telling me a little about your trip!
#30 @RockyRoadTrip Vintage card of Breton Woods, NJ! Thank you! And, thank you for telling me about your self-care, too!

4 Likes

Stumped me here NAAR community? What does this acronym stand for :joy:

#11 has sent 1-8. Sending more when back from Vermont (unless cards I buy here fit preferences - will update!)

#11 has receivedā€¦

#14 - @scoutingbear - I so love these Route 66 cards because they inspire me to one day take that trip with the Volvo! Maybe my dream P1800?

#17 - @YOIYUMTEWA - I love this William Blake card! One of my favorite books is his, ā€œMarriage of Heaven and Hell.ā€ The writing and illustrations are just amazing.

#19 - @ellistrations - Oooh! City gnomes! Love this! And how cool is it that itā€™s a Lantern Press card? I adore the non-state LP cards. Iā€™m staying at a cottage now that has gnomes all over the property. Iā€™m in heaven!

#22 - @uconn - ADORE this vintage dog and chick card with the cool edges. You always use the best stamps, too! Keep cool!

Thanks to all! Happy August!

2 Likes

NARR = North American Round Robin!

#29 - One postcard to report! Seriously thoughā€¦Iā€™m just waiting for the inevitable mailbox dumpā€¦but I donā€™t mind them slowly coming in!

#30 @RockyRoadTrip - Thank you Rocky for this postcard from Hilton Head Island in South Carolina! I appreciate your note about the ā€œfullā€ moon. We both do know better! Itā€™s not quite there yet at all. Funny though, I showed my partner and he thought it looked full enough. Blasphemy!!! :laughing:

1 Like

Welll duhhhhh thank you, that was just too simpleā€¦

#4 @jenhart has received:

#5 @carolreader : a funny card abut the Washington Monument. I lived in the DC area so I have obviously been there, but I have never been to SF or LA which it seems everyone else has!

#15 @AccentOnHakes : pretty view of Omaha. I have never been there - I have only seen it from across the river as I drove by,

#16 @jacieslar : Lantern Press Key West Lighthouse. I love this lighthouse - I actually have a painting of it in my foyer. Excellent choice :slight_smile:

#28 @TwoDoggies : cool map of old Exeter. I hope you are swimming and otherwise staying active now that you are recovered!

#30 @RockyRoadTrip : Lighthouse of Door County. A lighthouse ā€œhuntā€ sounds like an excellent road trip!

Thank you :slight_smile:

#3 received

#2 @CrimsonKing Very cool tat card. I do have a coupleā€¦ā€¦

#10 @emotis LP Salem - hope you enjoyed your trip!

#14 @scoutingbear Awesome Hollywood Forever Cemetery. I remember going there as a teen!

#15 @AccentOnHakes I love this set of cards!! Hopefully you have good shoes for your long shifts!

#16 @jacieslar Lou Paper card!! You reminded me o really need to make an appointment for cut and color too!

#17 @YOIYUMTEWA love the fashion photo!!

#18 @LaurenceB Awesome Awesome shaped card! Arrived in one piece! Iā€™m like you - I need a hotel room!

#19 @ellistrations LP Man Cave Beer! Hard to believe the summer is flying by - kids in our area started back to school already.

#22 @uconn Vintage Myrtle Beach card. My FIL brought me a bunch of cards he had found while cleaning the house - there were a lot like this one in there

#24 @roxy Very interesting card!! Love the collage washi tape!

#26 @sarahaeyo Great vintage pin-up hotel card! Love the Portland area!

#28 @TwoDoggies Classic Martini! I load up my Kindle with free books whenever I see one Iā€™d like - always afraid that one day it will be the ā€œend of the worldā€ but at least I have books on my Kindle to read till then!! (We have solar and a power wall so Iā€™ll always be able to charge it!).

#30 @RockyRoadTrip I thought it was a funny joke about Applebees lip gloss you made - then I read it was true! OMG!

Thank you all for the great cards and words!!

@cawindt all my cards went out this last week

4 Likes

Goodnessā€“did I post? All cards for #15 are sent out.

#19 received

#21 @mdmsamm - thank you! I love that youā€™re all in for Christmas in July! I am, too, so this card really is perfect for me.

1 Like

#25 @Missy99 reporting four more received.

#5 @carolreader - Thank you for the beautiful postcard of a place that you love. I so admire that youā€™ve done marathons! Iā€™m sure this park was a gorgeous place to train. I did a 5K this year, and I really enjoyed the experience, but a marathon runner I am not! And thank you also for the dog stamp.

#21 @mdmsamm - I canā€™t believe this is your artwork! I can understand why it has been a favorite- itā€™s fantastic. Way to put your artistic abilities to great use! I also love the cheeky bacon and egg sticker. And Iā€™m so excited to try the recipes, thank you very much for sharing them. Iā€™ll see if I can find some authentic Canadian maple syrup in a shop here.

#24 @roxy - Thank you for the lovely postcard of Parliament Hill! I have never been to Ottawa, and this makes me all the more eager to visit. Perhaps Iā€™ll wait until after the restoration you mentioned is complete. Thank you also for the beautiful stamps and washi tape.

#26 @sarahaeyo - This postcard cracks me up! Itā€™s right up my alley, thank you so much. Youā€™re right, itā€™s absurd, and I definitely appreciate that about it. I love that you had the perfect sticker to match, too. I hope your layover wasnā€™t too long! Way to make the most of your travel time!

2 Likes

#12 - and yes, itā€™s still hot - interrupted by rolling thunder big, but sparse raindrops, and high humidity!!!

My cards all went in the mail (well, directly into to the mail van!!!) this morning - enjoy!

2 - @CrimsonKing - Kentucky as the trees have changed! Iā€™m an Autumn/spring girl myself!
14 - @scoutingbear - The Grand Canyon Deco Style locomotive! I love these local trains! How fun that you rode it!
17 - @YOIYUMTEWA - one of the the three Athens County, Ohio Covered Bridges - a beauty. And a bonus of Lincolnā€™s inaugural with an unfinished Capitol Dome! Yep, Iā€™m worn out by the heat too!
22 - @uconn - a fabulous Carousel horse - I envy you your trip to Mystic! The heat is brutal everywhere!

Thank you for the wonderful cards!

2 Likes

Home from my road trip and was greeted by a great stack of cards from this awesome group. :smiley:

#2 @CrimsonKing Such a pretty Norwegian sky---- those lights!!
#3 @cruzin Woohooā€” another Lou paper for my state collection. Sweet home Alabama! (and I love the washi stickersā€¦so pretty!)
#5 @carolreader pretty LP Cuyahoga Valley card. I hope you have a blast at Glacier NP. That is a gorgeous park! And I love road trips!!
#14 @scoutingbear Starry Night LP card. This is such a fun series! And Iā€™m a fan of them too!
#15 @accentonhakes Joshua Tree NP. And Iā€™m also a side sleeper. Which is convenient since three large Labs end up squishing me off the bed!
#16 @jacieslar Lovely LP vintage reprint of the FLorida East Coast Railway. I would love to travel by train if I can get a sleeper. I think it would be a nice rhythm to sleep to.
#17 @YOIYUMTEWA An impressionist picture of horse and buggies on a rainy street. Agreedā€¦ they do look like the Amish buggies! Which I think are super charming until I get stuck behind one of a highway. Possible here in Ohio too.
#18 @LaurenceB Sweetest teacups on a manuscript pageā€¦ I love the look of this card. And yesā€¦ love the quote too! No strangers indeed.
#22 @uconn Epcotā€™s Canada! Love this view, as it looks just like it did when I visited the first time.
#26 @sarahaeyo Portlandā€™s Beervana! Hope youā€™re having fun thereā€¦ and you certainly have a lot of great beer choices! (And can I recommend Lord Hobo closer to homeā€¦ itā€™s one of my husbandā€™s favorite Boston breweries)
#30 @RockyRoadTrip Cinderellaā€™s castle surrounded by Disney workers. Lots of Disney lifersā€¦ though they call them Disney legends. (Get with the Disney speak, man :laughing:)

To send: 1, 5, 11, 14, 15, 16, 22, 25, 27, 29
To receive: 1, 4, 6, 7, 8, 9, 11, 12, 13, 19, 20, 21, 23, 24, 25, 27, 28, 29

5 Likes

#27 @beatriceh sent card to #21 today

#22 uconn

#21 @mdmsamm cool stamps on this 12 ft pumpkin. Very cool, thanks. Bonus pumpkin attachment survived the mail

1 Like

#2 reporting

#5 @carolreader sent a rustic homestead with a barn, thank you Carol! I had forgotten that I put ā€œbarnsā€ as a challenge, hehe. It does look peaceful there, but Iā€™d hate to go out in the winter for something that is far away, haha.

#6 @mikeyz1 sent Vincent van Gogh, thank you Mike! Yes, itā€™s that time again, school bells will ring. Time does fly, canā€™t believe itā€™s already August, sheesh! Thereā€™s always next summer to do more things, hehe.

#10 @emotis sent a LP of Salem, Mass, thank you Erin! I hope you brought a lot of water with you when you went hiking on the Freedom Trail.

#15 @AccentOnHakes sent Missouri Mules, thank you Karen! They do look cute, hehe. Oh, Iā€™m jealous that you got to go to a farm and pet the animals there! I love animals. I hope you had a wonderful time.

#16 @jacieslar sent an old Chevy Pickup truck, thank you JoAnne! These old truck are nice to look at. There is an old car ā€œgraveyardā€ of 4 that I see every time I drive into Greenville, theyā€™re rusted out, but still cool. Iā€™m glad that mom and baby raccoon were reunited!

#17 @YOIYUMTEWA sent a work of art that looks like a king or religious person holding a demon, thank you Rick! Itā€™s definitely unique, hehe.

#18 @LaurenceB sent a mermaid, thank you Lau! The stickers are cute too and the matching ocean washi tape. I donā€™t really have a favorite brand of clothing, but my favorite type of clothing is pajamas and sweats, haha! I do like dressing up a bit to go out too on occasion.

#22 @uconn sent a farm and barn, thank you James! I just looked at some pictures of Mystic and it looks like fun times to be had. Today was 77*F and cloudy, loved it.

#24 @roxy sent a pretty card of a seed packet, thank you Brenda! My green thumb is basically just for outside plants, haha. I forget about the ones inside my house, oops.

#28 @TwoDoggies sent a barn with a rock wall, thank you Terri! Iā€™m glad you had a fabulous time in Europe! All that walking gets to your feet and legs. I hope walking on the cobblestones wasnā€™t too odd for your feet, knowing me Iā€™d twist an ankle. I know what you mean, I tried mussels once, that was enough. Not a seafood fan really, hehe.

#30 @RockyRoadTrip sent a round barn, thank you Rocky! Yes, I agree, I too can do without the quote at the top.

Thank you everyone for the cards!!
:smiley: :heart: :nerd_face:

1 Like

#29 - Two more postcards to report!

#2 @CrimsonKing - Thank you Lesly for this postcard of Venus! It looks like a tarot card, but Iā€™m not super familiar with tarot. A friend of mine collects novelty tarot cards mostly with characters from book series. I have one of Luna Lovegood that is the Moon card and itā€™s gorgeous. You asked what puzzle Iā€™m currently working on and technically I havenā€™t started it, but I did get one of the landmarks in Philadelphia as a souvenir from my trip there in July. Itā€™s only 500 pieces so itā€™ll be a good project for a lazy Saturday!

#3 @Cruzin - Thank you Lori for this lovely postcard I can add to my Pride collection! Iā€™ve seen plenty of these Royal Mail cards that are Doctor Who, but itā€™s neat (and makes a lot of sense actually) that they have all kinds of them. USPS should do something like this with different stamps theyā€™ve put out over the years. If they do already, Iā€™m unaware! :laughing:

2 Likes

#24 reporting

#10 @emotis sent a wonderful card of Custom House in Salem, MA. How long were you here in Ottawa?

#19 @ellistrations sent a beautiful window and door postcard. We donā€™t have door to door mail delivery as our neighbourhood is too new but I do remember how those mail slots would drive the dog nuts! :slight_smile:

Thank you both!

2 Likes

#21 sharing #17 @YOIYUMTEWA and #2 @CrimsonKing arrived

Ok Rick # 17 @YOIYUMTEWA , you would never have known this but the paper lady is sooooooooo me, I actually have a pattern company called Paper Lady, Gosh this card could be my logo lol and A Christmas card to boot, now you are spoiling me. I laughed about the temperatures because I reallllllly love winter, I like spring and fall but winter is my season, summer not so. It is pretty and all but I donā€™t fair well in the heatā€¦
And I loved the stamps you chose, I really like Pete, and happy to hear about MR. Stewart I so liked himā€¦ so Thank you Rick, you fellows really surprise meā€¦.

And #2 @CrimsonKing Lesly oh yes Christmas is something I start thinking about on Jan 2, yep 12 months before the season is upon me. As I design, sew knit paint all of my gifts it takes me a whole year to do it all. I love that my hubby tolerates my enthusiasm because he loves me so and he calls me still his wee girlā€¦he is happy because I am, all the time in factā€¦.so to both of you thank you for bringing some
Cheer to my home so earlyā€¦.you are both so sweetā€¦.

Ps.Lesly love those floral stamps

1 Like