[RR] North American August 2022 Round Robin - The "It's Hotter than Blazes" Edition - Closed!

#2 reporting

#20 @Triol sent a barn with a horse and carriage and many yellow flowers, thank you Olga! Yes, summer does go by fast it seems. Traffic will pick up too now that school is back in session. You also have a nice day. :smiley:

#29 @melvnoble sent Sunflowers by Vincent van Gogh, thak you Mel! That’s awesome you got to see this painting in person, and no, I don’t watch Doctor Who. I may look into it, but it hasn’t really drawn my attention. :slight_smile:

Thank you ladies!
:nerd_face:

#8 Shesa-Renegade checking in with some great postcards! Sorry for my delay. This is the first week of classes and the week leading up to classes is filled with meetings - and my head hurts
haha

#2 @CrimsonKing sends a card of orca in the surf. I once saw orca in Alaska. It was such an amazing experience.

#7 @mere5oh sends an interesting card called “Head of a Woman” painted in 1844 by Jean-LĂ©on GĂ©rĂłme. I bet you are thrilled to have your house back again now that everyone is back in school. I miss summer vacation already though
haha.

#10 @emotis sends a card from Cape Cod National Seashore WITH the official stamp on the back. I love when people get the NP stamps! I’m glad the card went unsent for so long so that I could get it! Thank you.

#11 @volvomom sends a card of the Space Shuttle Discovery approaching the International Space Station. I once saw the SS Atlantis land at Edwards Air Force Base. I still get chills when I think about what an amazing experience that was.

#16 @jacieslar sends a Lou Paper birthday card! Thank you for the birthday wishes. I haven’t decided what to do this year for my birthday, but there will be cake
haha.

#21 @mdmsamm sends a card of tasty treats - blueberry bread with a cup of blueberries. YUMMY!

#22 @uconn sends a fun card of bottlenose dolphin saying “Hello from Hawaii” I hope you had a great time at the Mystic Aquarium. I went there when I lived in Willimantic and loved it.

#27 @beatriceh sends a recipe card for Mother’s Cornbread. I am going to try this recipe. I love cornbread!

#29 @melvnoble sends a card of the Philadelphia Museum of Art. I love how this building is up on the hill. I may have to go back to Philly to see this. Is this where Rocky ran up the stairs?

Thank you all for the great cards!

Received: 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 10, 11, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 21, 22, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30

6 Likes

#8 with a card that my neighbor just brought over that was delivered to her mailbox by mistake!

#20 @Triol sends a fun card of Prince Louis. Look at those rosie cheeks! I completely agree with you about summer flying by. This was the shortest summer ever on record I think
haha.

Received: 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 10, 11, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30

#21 sharing from #1 @cawindt , #7 @mere5oh , #23 @HarleyGirl73 , # 27 @beatriceh

#1 Craig as I do enjoy history and stamps this was a good choice because your send was a reflection of you - worldly and not wordy :upside_down_face:

#7 Meredith , surely there is a story behind choosing a DAGGER ? On your trip through Canada did someone pierce your :heart: Tell me, tell me more. 

:face_with_open_eyes_and_hand_over_mouth: I did note the poinsettia stamp and that is a wintry floral so that I :heavy_heart_exclamation:

#23 SaraLynn, you really are a renaissance woman, canning and freezing for months ahead is something I can relish in so many ways. :star_struck:
Many never quite understand preserving flavours all year long. And I love cherries. Our Rockies with snow caps is a sight to behold
the wee extras deliciously noted.

#27 Charisse, after having my ((med/surg) man read me your card, seems they can decipher anything :thought_balloon: I was taken backseat about some obvious “what” :rofl: you are a hoot, loved all the :two_hearts: that was sweet and such a gentle reminder of all my summers in Pa. My grand aunt and uncle had me experiencing all that and more
 so appreciate turning back time.

3 Likes

#13 here with cards from:

#1 @cawindt – The Acropolis – what a breathtaking view! I agree with you regarding visiting small towns. They are usually quaint and so much more welcoming and interesting. Another wonderful trip under your belt. Thank you!

#6 @mikeyz1 – Thank you very much for the new Nancy Drew book cover! Has Villette memorized any of her books yet? It’s such fun to have them “read” a book to you. I am amazed at their ability to memorize a whole book. Kids rock!

#7 @mere5oh – Maxfield Parish’s cover for Scribner’s Fiction Number August, 1897. Very cool card of a woman reading. Thank you! It has not rained here much either. There have been a few thunder storms in the area, but not for us. I wish it would rain. We need it.

#11 @Volvomom – Camel’s Hump in the beautiful Champlain Valley. Thank you for the lovely view card. August is flying by. Tony is taking our 10 year old grandson fishing tomorrow – a new experience for both of them. Tony hasn’t been fishing for many a year. I’m hoping Ryan catches something.

#12 @Yarn-Lady – I would think seeing the giant redwoods is awe inspiring. What a great experience. Thank you for the postcard from the Muir Woods National Monument! As always, the West Coast rules in the scenery department!

#16 @jacieslar – Thank you for the penguin family! They are such fascinating birds. One of our daughters had the opportunity to see the fairy penguins while in Australia. Have you been able to travel to Alaska to see your daughter? I think that would be an awesome trip!

#18 @LaurenceB – Thank you so much for the Strawberry mojito recipe card! I don’t drink either, but I don’t mind receiving drink recipes, especially when they are as pretty as this one! I feel like the summer has flown by. We have a lot on our autumn plate starting with a surprise 50th wedding anniversary in September followed by birthdays in October. I’m tired just thinking about it.

#20 @Triol – a Lou Paper from my favorites! Thank you! The summer has flown by which always seems to happen when you are busy. The twins start 5th grade on Monday and Juliette starts 1st grade. They growing so quickly, or so it seems.

#29 @melvnoble – You were in my area last month. The aquarium is great, isn’t it? I hope you got to see the hippos in action. They are huge! Thank you for the penguin!

3 Likes

@beatriceh #27 reporting

#7 @mere5oh You can always smell a skunk. My friend’s dog was sprayed by one a few years ago. Poor thing (both of them)! Thanks for the card! I’ve not heard of this museum before. Pottery is so fragile. I don’t envy those tasked with caring for it.

#21 @mdmsamm I must say I’ve been eagerly awaiting your card. I love the colours you use and this little nook looks quite cozy! In my younger days (before I needed better back support), I could sit in such a bed and read all day. I’ll have to send some book recommendations your way with my next card :slightly_smiling_face: Thanks!

#10 @emotis I love bookstore cats! And black kitties are great. I once asked someone in the Readers’ Journey RR if they were also common in her country and she said no. How unfortunate! I wonder how they became a thing here. I’ve not heard of that podcast. I’ll have to add it to my list.

#20 @Triol One of my good friends just messaged me today to say he got a teaching job in New Jersey! He also got one in Philadelphia, which is where he moved to. Sometimes I forget how close PA and NJ are. Thanks for the cat card. I figured my cat hadn’t made an appearance this month so she has a bit of a cameo with your card :smiling_face:

2 Likes

Yes!! I calmly walked up and down the stairs! :laughing:

1 Like

Oh yes! We saw the hippos! I sat and watched them for a bit. They were very cute, but I appreciated the signage reminding folks that even if they look adorable, they are predators!

1 Like

Thanks to the following for more wonderful cards:

#8 @Shesa-Renegade sent a lovely card of the Austrian mountains but what makes it super special are the cars - 3 VW Beetles!

#12 @Yarn-Lady sent a fantastic Bates Motel postcard!! Love it!

#16 @jacieslar sent a beautiful Lou Paper card dedicated to snail mail.

#25 @Missy99 sent a great North Carolina card with a vintage plane.

#27 @beatriceh sent a Lou Paper card as well, a summer theme, including a VW camper!

#28 @TwoDoggies sent a fantastic vintage motel card - Oil Capital Motel in Tulsa OK.

#29 @melvnoble sent a card of the Philadelphia Museum of Art - sounds like you had a great visit!

Thank you all!!

4 Likes

Thank you to:

#23 @HarleyGirl73 for the neat Alberta card. Sounds like you have been super busy!

1 Like

#22 uconn

#23 @HarleyGirl73 nice Saskatchewan card, thanks! Great stamps

1 Like

#2 reporting

#21 @mdmsamm sent a water color of strawberries, croissants and tea, thank you! The recipe looks yummy and loaded with sugar, haha. :slight_smile: I hope you’re doing well. :smiley:

#9 reporting:
#20 @Triol Thank you so much for this beautiful Bryce Canyon card. I sure would like to go back to S Utah and visit all the parks there.

#25 reporting two received:

#10 @emotis - Thank you so much for the adorable postcard of Hamilton, and the dog stamp! I really enjoyed the Labrador Retriever facts. Please give Hamilton some love from me! He sounds like such a sweetheart. My dog also follows me around, and I joke that he’s my little shadow.

#20 @Triol - Thank you for the fantastic postcard of New Jersey, and the lovely sunflower sticker. You must be a very talented pianist to be teaching at such a prestigious school! I am very impressed. I never learned to play a musical instrument, but I do enjoy singing (though I can’t say I do it very well).

18 reporting

1 @cawindt Thank you for the beautiful view of Greece! I’m like you, I would probably enjoy more the smaller villages. I’m not a fan of crowds!

7 @mere5oh Thank you for the japanese bowl! It often feels like a crazy house with my two kids under 3 as well :joy:

1 Like

#19 received

#9 @ljbbauer - thank you! This is very sweet. Not something I’d have thought of doing myself, but I love it. My dad never liked cats and after a while of my cat living in his house, he has grown to love her - though will NEVER admit to it.

1 Like

#14 reporting

#23 @HarleyGirl73 I’d be happy to accept any cherry related treats or sour pickles
it sounds like you might have too much! :grinning:

1 Like

#27 beatriceh reporting:

Received card from #14 @scoutingbear What a fun card. I’m sure I wouldn’t be able to find anything to eat here, but it seems like a pretty classic American Route 66 card. Thanks!

Received card from #11 @volvomom Another awesome A Midsummer Night’s Dream card. Great depiction of Bottom. While I do love Shakespeare, I can’t say I miss teaching. I do miss discussing Shakes though. Fun times. Thanks for the card!

#17 received coolness:

#23 @HarleyGirl73 Great Alberta map card with tons of info and provincial symbols. Wow–you are a canning and preserving machine! By grandmas and my mom used to do pickles and other things, too, like tomato sauces. I remember my grandma’s bread and butter pickles. Even though I haven’t had them for years, I can still remember the taste. Now I’m hungry for pickles!

1 Like

#3 received

#9 @ljbbauer Wigs!! Very cool and unique card!

#20 @Triol Lou Paper Summer! Summer always seems like the fastest season!

#23 @HarleyGirl73 how awesome you can pickle your cucumbers and have cherry trees!!! I’m thinking about doing a hydroponic garden
emphasis on the word “thinking”

Thank you all!!

2 Likes