[RR] North American August 2022 Round Robin - The "It's Hotter than Blazes" Edition - Closed!

This was an incredible delight missed out here for September but will embark for the overflow with @LaurenceB -I suppose we will meet again. Continue to sprinkle kindness and Craig you matter. Your efforts are appreciated.
À bientôt

3 Likes

@Cruzin #3 Found your card hidden in my junk pile! :o Thanks for the cute pic of the rabbit and panda sharing tea. I hope you enjoy tile with the FIL and also get some time away when needed! :wink:

1 Like

@volvomom #11 Awesome virtual meetup card from January 2020–woah, that brings me back! Good to see you back, and thank you for the wonderful card for my collection!
@beatriceh #27 Thank you for the peaceful forest scene. I don’t bake very often, but I would be so annoyed if my oven were out of commission for over a month! I hope you finally got it replaced!

2 Likes

I’m told the new one will be here at 1:00pm today!

1 Like

#29 - A few more postcards arrived over the weekend!

#1 @cawindt - Thank you Craig for this postcard from an ancient Olympic stadium in Greece! How neat to be able to walk (or sprint!) around a place like this! It’s so amazing how much is still available after so long and simultaneously so sad how much has been lost or destroyed. So glad you got to visit and had a great time!

#6 @mikeyz1 - Thank you Mike for this postcard showing the Brier Hill Works of the Youngstown Sheet and Tube in Girard, Ohio! I have not been to the Industry and Labor Museum yet but I have a friend who visits often to look at the archives. It makes sense this would be a place you’d visit! I hope you enjoyed it!

#7 @mere5oh - Thank you Meredith for this postcard “The Rose Garden at Wargemont.” I did have to look up the painting since the description was in (I think) Russian. Google Translate wasn’t having it, but at least a reverse image search worked! Such a pretty painting! I had a lot of fun with Zigzagoon community day too!

#27 @beatriceh - Thank you Charisse for this postcard of Mary Church Terrell! I appreciate getting to learn about new people in history, so thanks for introducing me to her! I thought that ghost, but not a ghost, story was funny last month, but hearing more is fascinating! The poor guy! It’s sad he felt he had to hide, but I’m glad to hear he had support once he was found. And honestly, living the rest of his life as uneventful is probably the best way to go!

2 Likes

#25 reporting nine received:

#1 @cawindt - Thank you for the beautiful postcard from Greece! It’s somewhere I’ve always wanted to visit, so it was lovely to receive this postcard. I hope you had a wonderful time there! The list of places I want to see just keeps growing. I also love the stamps you sent, thank you so much!

#3 @Cruzin - Thank you for the camping postcard. Unplugging every so often, and just being out in nature, has always been important for me. I hope you are enjoying Sandman, I have yet to watch it. Death is definitely such a delightfully snarky character! And thank you for the stickers and washi tape.

#6 @mikeyz1 - Thank you for the postcard of such a unique museum! I agree, it would be a lot of fun to do a road trip just to see all of these kitschy places! I love things like this! There’s a website called roadsideamerica.com that has a huge list of roadside attractions, should you ever attempt such a road trip. And thank you for the wonderful stamps.

#7 @mere5oh - Thank you for the lovely Picasso postcard. I also wish I had a more artistic mind, but I am so happy to see what those that do are able to create. I have a sister who is a very talented jeweler, and I consider her pieces to be art. I always love seeing what she makes. I hope your daughter enjoys her art class!

#11 @volvomom - Thank you for the Southernmost Point postcard! What an interesting attraction that is! It’s always fun to be able to say you’ve visited the ‘most’ something, isn’t it? I have family in Florida, so perhaps I’ll try to see this place for myself!

#16 @jacieslar - Thank you for the fantastic map postcard of New Mexico! It has so many interesting little details! Your grandchildren are very lucky to receive such important wisdom from you; I hope it serves them well. Enjoy your Jodi Picoult novel! And thank you for the adorable dog sticker and the beautiful washi tape.

#18 @LaurenceB - Thank you for the Strange Planet postcard! I absolutely love these. I enjoy that the artist forces us to think about our daily lives and actions objectively; it’s always funny to see ourselves through a different lens. And thank you for the fantastic stamps (especially the hockey stamp!), sticker, and washi tape.

#27 @beatriceh - Thank you for the Action Comics postcard! I absolutely love Action Comics. My dad read Superman comics growing up, so I was drawn to anything Superman when I got into comics. My dog sounds like your youngest kitty- he always wants snacks! He has even learned to ‘trade’ with me for them (by picking up something he shouldn’t, and making me bargain with him to drop it). He has me trained very well.

#29 @melvnoble - Thank you for the wonderful Philadelphia postcard! Whenever I visit a new place, I love finding things like this that make the city unique. If I’m ever in Philadelphia, I’ll definitely look for this statue. Also, I’ve added you on Pokémon Go, thanks for your code! (my username is Missymon2020) Thank you for the adorable Pikachu washi tape!

5 Likes

#21 sharing,…#6 @mikeyz1

Hi Mike, Imagine a loaf of bread costing 5 cents….I do remember when they were a bit higher :wink: I don’t think I was even a thought of in the 30’s as both my parents were not even born yet….I too love industrial as I am in construction, so your site was up my alley in interest and likes. How wonderful to get glimpses of history and passions…ty

#19 received

#20 @Triol - thank you! The summer was great, but very hot! Also, like yours, it flew by, like a blur. Now I’m excited for the cooler weather and holiday season.

#27 @beatriceh - thank you! I see a bench in the background! this adorable dog is like mine when it comes to photos. Will sit, but will not look at the camera. I am very ready for this Fall season, also for my birthday, but mostly the cooler weather and holidays!

1 Like

#16 @jacieslar reporting:

#6 @mikeyz1 Thank you for the beautiful postcard that shows the reflection of balloon glow in Ohio. I would really like to attend the Albuquerque International Balloon Fiesta. Maybe next year…

#9 @ljbbauer I love this postcard with an explanation of the tides. Thank you! Congratulations on getting a travel trailer. The Hoxeyville Music Festival sounds like a great time and it’s held in such a wonderful location, too!

#20 @Triol Thank you so much for the cute sloth card. I was just mentioning to my oldest grandson that this summer has really flown by - and it seems to go faster with each passing year!

#21 @mdmsamm The lovely watercolor travel postcard you chose for me was perfect. I love it! I remember catching (and releasing) fireflies as a child. What great memories!

2 Likes

Thanks to #20 @Triol for the Savannah LP card. It has been years since I’ve visited Savannah… I love the food, the sights, everything. And yes… this summer has flown by!!!

To Receive: * 23

18 reporting!

6 @mikeyz1 sent beautiful yellow birds! I love them, so pretty! My toddler loved the card too, he just loves the color yellow. And birds :sunglasses: Thank you very much!

23 @HarleyGirl73 sent Canada from the World Fashion series. It’s funny, if it wasn’t written Canada I wouldn’t have guessed that this fashion is from my own country :joy: Your garden seems a lot more productive than mine! I got tons of cherry tomatoes, but that’s it :slight_smile: Thank you!

29 @melvnoble sent a Philadelphia LP card! Thank you very much! We watch the Flyers a lot on TV with my son. Very hard city name to pronounce for a French-speaking toddler. He says it Phidalelphie. So cute! :upside_down_face:

1 Like

#9 reporting:
#1 @cawindt Thank you for the great card of Korinthos Canal. So beautiful! Sounds like you have been having a wonderful summer!

#6 @mikeyz1 What could be better than a photo of Hank Williams, unless the photo was taken by Marty Stuart. Lotsa pop country I don’t dig, but I love Sturgill Simpson! Thank you!

#7 @mere5oh I am so ready for fall!! Pumpkin I don’t need, but apples I do. I was raised on an orchard. David’s eyes tell a long story. Thank you!

#12 @Yarn-Lady This mama and baby giraffe are so precious. Thank you so much for this pretty card!

#18 @LaurenceB LB, what a great bookstore card! I love children’s books. And the special stamp! My husband LOVED the hippo/zippo joke. Thank you!

#29 @melvnoble Thanks for this great LP Philly Liberty Bell card. I would like to visit Philly soon. I want to go to the Mutter museum. Sounds like you had a neat trip!

2 Likes

#9 @ljbbauer The remainder of my cards are going out in tomorrow’s mail.

#14 @scoutingbear reporting

#1 @cawindt sends a picture of an ancient temple in Grease with beautiful skies above it!

#17 reporting in with latest cool card received

#20 @Triol Hawaii map card with a retro feel to it. Yes, the summer has sped by so fast!

AUGUST 2022 NARR

Report 3 from: Rocky Road Trip #30

Another blast of hot summer cards…

#24 @Roxy: sent a funny SomEEcard showing a worker with a huge inbox of work, bemoaning his hangover. Talk about Quietly Quitting! Yes, I get vacation brain. My head is still spinning after a first day back after a week away. Worse than any hangover! Thanks!

#25 @Missy99: sent one of the Whaleboats from the Kyler Martz collection. Features the Arthur Foss tugboat which has had over a century of service in the rugged northwest and is now a historic landmark. Thanks for the Carolina facts; I didn’t know that about Pepsi. Thanks!

#26 @Sarahaeyo: sent a Art of Protest card that’s more timely now, one might argue, than it was when first printed for the UN Women project. Shows a young lady with her mouth taped over with a bunch of Women Should statements. Compelling. Thanks!

#28 @TwoDoggies: sent a great Museum of Death promo card. Who promotes their museum with a card that says, “I passed out at the Museum of Death” and features a cartoon of someone fainting in front of the exhibits!? Hilarious. And thanks for the info on the river cruises. Big fan of no forced socializing! Thanks!

You can view these August cards here on my Flickr account.

And I’ve got about 10 more NARR August cards in hand that I still need to scan and report. Will do so shortly.

All my outgoing August cards have been posted.

Rocky Road Trip #30

2 Likes

@Triol #20 Thank you for the beautiful forest scene. I know what you mean about waiting all year for summer and having it pass in the blink of an eye. Where did all the time go???

#29 - Two postcards to report!

#11 @volvomom - Thank you Kristin for this postcard, La Luna! I do appreciate this! I admit I don’t know much about tarot. I have a friend who is into tarot and collects cards, but I only care about the Moon! I have a Luna Lovegood Moon card and a pin of the Moon card as well. Thanks!

#20 @Triol - Thank you Olga for this “Thinking of You” postcard! What a cute little guy! A red panda I believe? I’m with you on summer flying by. Time just doesn’t like to stay with us! However, I do enjoy the autumn months very much, and I don’t have school to worry about. Hopefully, this fall brings us both some rest and happiness!

#5 reporting:

#10 @emotis – Thank you for the Maryland state map! I’m only missing nine states now (but I have Nevada!)

#12 @yarn-lady – Thank you for the pretty bird! I tried to figure out what kind it is, but no matter. I like it. So sorry about the heat you’re having.

#20 @triol – Illinois state map – thank you!! Now I’ve only got 8 states to go.

My Flickr album with these cards is here.

#14 reporting

#7 @mere5oh How fun to have a scout as an exchange student!

#20 @Triol Great looking tree frog card!

1 Like