[RR] North American August 2022 Round Robin - The "It's Hotter than Blazes" Edition - Closed!

Changed it!!! Thank you!!! I blame fat fingers….

1 Like

#29 - One postcard to report!

#23 @HarleyGirl73 - Thank you SaraLynn for this postcard of the Canadian Rockies! I love dill pickles, but I’ve never pickled anything myself. Sounds like a lot of work! Very neat to be able to have your own produce you can get from your backyard and make food with!

1 Like

#23 reporting

From #2 @CrimsonKing thank you Lesly for the great Badlands National Park. I always enjoy receiving a postcard that I have shown in my favourites. Great postcard.

From #3 @Cruzin thank you Lori for nice titanic postcard. I’m loving the sticker of the lady dressed closely to the same time period as the titanic.

From #4 @jenhart thank you Jen for the pictorial “marvels of Minnesota postcard. I really like the different postage including the Shel Silverstein p stamp.

1 Like

#21 sharing from #20 @Triol

Hello Olga, the Cochins my first to ever receive, so thank you…
Love hearing about your longevity with P.C. Such a testament of your commitment and testimonial of this pretty amazing gathering. It is :musical_note: :notes: :musical_score: :notes: to my :ear: :upside_down_face:

1 Like

#2 reporting

#23 @HarleyGirl73 sent Greetings from Edmonton, thank you Sara Lynn! Wow, that’s a ton of cherries and cucumbers to prep, I’m impressed! :smiley: Your cherry tarts, cheesecake and cheesecake brownies sound SO delicious! I ate a bowl of cherries yesterday, they were good, hehe. Husband and I planted young pear trees last year, so it’ll be 4-5 years before we see any fruit.

:nerd_face:

1 Like

#5 reporting my final card received:

@HarleyGirl73 sent a stunning view of the Canadian Rockies. I’m heading out west (Montana) in about a week, so this is a sneak preview. Thank you!

1 Like

18 reporting

12 @Yarn-Lady sent a beautiful tiger eye. Thank you very much, what a detailed card :blush:

1 Like

#11 checking in. Two unexpected weeks in Vermont threw things into craziness! My apologies! Hope to join again in October.

I have received:

#1 - The cats of Greece! So awesome! The one in the lower left corner looks just like my Chichi! Yes, my son starts with students next week. So crazy! Thanks for welcoming me back! And the cool stamps!

#7 - A great Georges Seurat card of Normandy. I remember seeing Seurat’s works in Chicago. So breathtaking!

#18 - I hope you and your young kids are wrapping up summer nicely. Very cool fox washi and stickers, too! The card is so amazing with funky, fox images! xoxo

#23 - YEA! A QSL (ham radio) card! I am really honored that now I have one from your father to add to my collection. I keep them in a special album. This one is especially beautiful!

#24 - This black and white cat with glasses is precious! Love the fox washi, too!

#28 - This bird card is fantastic! Your yard sounds amazing. Adopt me? :slight_smile:

More coming!

2 Likes

#11 with one more!

#20 @Triol mailed me a great cat, oversized card! And then a fun, Lion King stamp, too! Your handwriting is always so nice. Thank you for a great card!

Over the past couple of days, I’ve received my last two cards for the month. Thank you to

#20 @Triol for the adorable cat card, Turbo, age 2, rolling in catnip. I started back to school with students this past week. The summer sure did fly by! Love the Scar stamp :slight_smile:

#23 @HarleyGirl73 for the wonderful Calgary Stampede card and wonderful stamps! This year we didn’t do any canning. We still have plenty of tomatoes and pickled beets from last fall. My sister supplies us with pickles that she makes every year.

1 Like

#4 @jenhart has 3 more cards to report:

#9 @ljbbauer : great map of Detroit. I have only ever been in the airport in Detroit - and that is surprisingly nice!

#20 @Triol : a perfect, rustic bike-against-a-wood-house scene. I have been back at work for the new school year for 3 weeks already - but it is still 91 outside. So it feels like summer is both over and not at the same time!

#23 @HarleyGirl73 : gorgeous Lake Louise. I have made pickles before, but never anything with cherries. I am drooling for some cherry cheesecake now!

Thank you.

2 Likes

#8 Shesa-Renegade checking in with a received card from #23 @HarleyGirl73 who sends a gorgeous illustration of starfish and sea anemones from Canada. I am so ready to get back into the ocean! Your pickling and cherry freezing sounds amazing. My mother used to can pickles all of the time and they were delicious. I wish that I had someplace in my home where I could have canned goods or frozen foods ready like this. I’m single and always think it is such a waste to run an extra freezer, but I have been thinking more about it lately. Thank you for a great card - and I’ll be over for some of those cherry tarts in just a little while (YUMMY!).

To Receive: 1, 9, 12
Received: 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 10, 11, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30

1 Like

#23 @HarleyGirl73 reporting

Happy Saturday Everyone!

From #5 @carolreader thank you for such a great postcard. “The Quest for the South Pole” 1907-1909
And thanks for the different postage stamps. Love it!

From #8 @Shesa-Renegade thank you for the “Hello from Los Angeles” postcard. I love this type of postcard. I hope you had a wonderful trip to California.

From #10 @emotis thank you for the awesome Lantern Press postcard from Salem Massachusetts. I love the destination signpost!

2 Likes

#23 @HarleyGirl73 reporting again

From #12 @Yarn-Lady thank you for the great tourist attraction postcard. The Bottle Tree Ranch looks like a fun place to visit and would make some great fun photos. And thanks for the different postage stamps.

From #13 @ladybug513 thank you for the fun lantern press postcard and cool postage stamps. Sunset beach New Jersey looks relaxing. I hope you had a great trip to Cape May and that your floors look beautiful when you return home.

From #14 @scoutingbear thank you for the Fun times on Route 66 postcard. I love when postcrossers find me postcards I have marked on my favourites.

26 received: #12, 16, 20

12 @Yarn-Lady - sends a photo of the kansas city library parking garage - before reading the caption, i definitely thought this was a photo of someone’s book shelf. amazing! :books:

16 @jacieslar - sends a delicious-looking christopher arndt cheeseburger card! :hamburger: i dont think i have tried roasted green chillis on a burger, but it sounds amazing and definitely something i will try during our next bbq!

20 @Triol - sends an adorable lunar new year postcard~ where did the summer go?! haha, it flew by - especially these last few weeks of august. grad classes start next week for me! :scream:

#27 beatriceh reporting 1 card

#23 @HarleyGirl73 sent me a great Canadian Rockies card. You sure have been busy this summer. This might be a silly question, but is # pounds in Canada? Love the popsicle washi tape!

#22 uconn

#9 @ljbbauer nice Inkognito card, thanks

2 Likes

AUGUST 2022 NARR

Report 3 from: Rocky Road Trip #30

Winding down summer in these rabbit holes:

#01 @Cawindt: sent a large, gorgeous sunrise (sunset) aerial view from above the Greece countryside. Great mix of light here. Yes, hoping to get to Greece as part of a cruise next summer. Ouzo with three coffee beans for me! Thanks!

#07 @Mere5oh: sent an Amsterdam art museum card for their Frank Lloyd Wright exhibition. Spartan text and bold lines accent the messaging. Yes, Cape Cod was great. Fun living in town as opposed to the usual stretch of beach we usually stay on. Okay, so with school started, your “vacation” of sorts has begun. Enjoy!

#08 @Shesa-Renegade: sent the perfect vintage chrome card! Shows tourists to Glacier Park stopping on the Going-to-the-Sun Highway to check out one of the “snow caverns” formed by ice erosion. Glorious view accents this rather hokey card. Yes, one has to imagine if this site gets any ice / snow anymore, sadly. Thanks!

#09 @Ljbbauer: sent a hilarious Fotofolio card showing a bunch of young boys flexing before a professional bodybuilder in the rocket garden at Cape Canaveral. With a dash of red-white-and-blue patriotism thrown in for good measure. Holy homo erotic, Batman. Excellent choice. Thanks!

#11 @Volvomom: Nice to hear from Kirstin again with this “Get out the Vote” card from Georgia. Good thing this tactic worked last election! Love that it features the state’s iconic peach (the trendy emoji for butt!) Yes, summer was hot, but good. Thanks!

#12 @Yarn-Lady: sent an intact, unused, guest comment postcard from Howard Johnson’s! What a classic! I especially love that they include a place to list your “Johnson Girl No.” Were there no Johnson Boy servers?? This piece of ephemera has prompted me to request a copy of A History of Howard Johnson’s from the local library. Thanks!

#15 @AccentOnHakes: sent a promo card from the Phoenix Airport Museum. Wow, what an interesting concept, an aviator themed art museum AT the airport. But it also begs the question, when did road trip girl ever fly into Sky Harbor?? Also, back in Muncie? Just don’t kill your doctor patient! That is a strange coincidence! Thanks!

#16 @Jacieslar: sent a very unique diner promo card, featuring Rip, the horned toad mascot of Rip’s Diner in Eastland, TX. This card “does it” just fine. Love these local “attraction” cards, especially strange ones like this, over the standard Greetings From cards. Thanks!

#18 @LaurenceB: sent a dramatic sunrise/sunset shot (very similar to the aerial of Greece Cawindt send – see above) featuring the iconic San Francisco Golden Gate in the background and the illuminated Legion of Honor Art Museum in the foreground. Quebec City is beautiful. Got to stay at the Chateau Frontenac, once and went to the Ice Sculpture winter carnival one year. Incredible. Ugh, and thanks for the Zippo joke.

#20 @Triol: sent a nice view of the Tybee Lighthouse that guards Savannah harbor. This card is unique because it included a historic overview of the light station. Perfect addition for my collection. Enjoy Back to School (I know you do!). Thanks!

#27 @BeatriceH: sent a card with a definite agenda. Very Blue Lives Matter, the “poem” on the front details the risks our officers take in their effort to preserve and protect. True, but stands in heavy contrast to viral video of a cop getting physical with a citizen of our town who recorded his traffic stop at the totally unnecessary Stop Sign in town that’s designed exclusively to catch out-of-towners (and occasional careless locals who don’t think they’re watching) to drive precinct revenue. Defund these bullies!

#29 @MelVnoble: sent a rare flag shot. It’s the banner hung wherever George Washington was spending the night (and apparently he slept EVERYWHERE). Imaging telegraphing you whereabouts with this! Would be assassins take note, he’s in this house!! Yeah, it just figures right wing groups would co-opt the flag… given Washington’s stance against leaders who act like despots! Morons! Great card from the Museum of the American Revolution (got to check that out). Thanks!

Okay, you can view these August hotshots here on my Flickr account.

And all my August cards are mailed out as of tomorrow…

Rocky Road Trip #30

7 Likes

Those postcards were sent my a friend. I have never been to the Phoenix airport. :wink: As far as doctor patient, they are still alive. Hooray!

1 Like

#23 @HarleyGirl73 reporting

From #15 @AccentOnHakes thank you for the neat Postcrossing meetup postcard from the Puget Sound Group and also for the different postage stamps.

From #16 @jacieslar thank you for the very artistic postcard made by Esther Sitver. I love it! Make me want to go for a motorbike ride with the husband.

From #17 @YOIYUMTEWA thank you for the b/w postcard showcasing James Stewart. And thank you for the extra postcard from Rocky Mountain National Park. I love them both!

1 Like