[RR] North American August 2021 Round Robin - The Waning Days of Summer Edition - Addresses Sent

All my cards except #18 are in the mail.

#18 is in the mail, too.

#5 - all cards mailed today, except #18, which will be mailed tomorrow (didn’t notice the address update until now).

#3 cruzin

All cards have left the building

Sent 1, 6, 11, 18, 22, 30

To Send: 2,3,4,5,7,8,10,12,13,14,15,16,17,19,20,21,23,24,25,26,27,28,29
To Rec: 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20,21,22,23,24,25,26,27,28,29,30

#22 uconn

Received #17 @NittanyLionRI sent a Mammoth Cave card. I’ve never been there, but looks great. No spelunking for me either.Thanks!

1 Like

#17 NittanyLionRI

Thanks to #22 @uconn for the Dumbledore card and the awesome Weasley twins stamp! I hope you get to finish the series. I love finding the differences between the books and the movies. I also liked Richard Harris the best.

2 Likes

#19 ellistrations received

#25 @jenhart - camera collage, thank you! I’ve already added it to my collection. Today was a great day in weather, I hope you were able to enjoy reading outside today. I spent my day scanning the last two weeks worth of cards with the windows open!

1 Like

Cards 7-12 are in the mail from #16.

#28 received from #25 @jenhart pisgah national forest. Sounds like the perfect day trip. Thank you

First card received:

#11 @laurenceb sent a great mcm illustration! I love it! Thank you!

#29 - The first card has arrived!!

#5 @carolreader - Thank you for The Mincing Mockingbird! I am also very reserved, but I like the sentiment!!

See all my postcards for the NA RR here!

#23 received:

#17 @NittanyLionRI sent an adorable mama & baby sloth card. It’s the first sloth card I’ve received since joining postcrossing yay! :sloth: Thanks, Stephanie.

3 Likes

Sent 8,12,14,21,24,29

To Send: 2,3,4,5,7,10,13,15,16,17,19,20,23,25,26,27,28
To Rec: 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20,21,22,23,24,25,26,27,28,29,30

#5, with two cards to report:

#16 @hootnoodle, with one of the weirdest cards I’ve ever seen - a painted by an artist new to me, Barry Kite. Great card! Thanks! I just went to an ourdoor concert as well, at Lock 3 in Akron - a Beatles tribute band - great fun.

#22 @uconn - Thank you for keeping up the “weird card” tradition! An ice machine in Madison, Wisconsin. I guarantee that I have no card like it! Thanks!

1 Like

What’s the method to your madness? Just curious how you’re deciding which cards to send out first :crazy_face:

1 Like

@PostAddy I change it up every month! :rofl: I try to get all the Canadians out first because they take longer. But also this month, I did guys first, and a Canadian. This next round was random, plus a Canadian. The third will be the same, etc.

In previous months I’ve done evens and odds; by regions of the USA; Ohioans first - one month there were like 7 or 8!; those with two of the same vowel in their username in vowel order first, so two A’s, then two E’s, etc.; start with #30 and go backwards; who lives in a state on a coastline; lowest to highest zip code; regulars and newbies; etc!

3 Likes

Wow, I was not expecting that. How fun! Thanks for sharing :star_struck:

1 Like

I’ve sent out cards #1 through #16 as well as #19

And today I received:

From #19 @ellistrations, this terrific photograph she took herself, of a lovely Hawaiian bird! Barbara, your card was beautiful on both sides - - that turtle stamp, the hedgehog washi, the cheerful stickers all combined to make this card a delight. Thank you!

Oh, #25 @jenhart - - how I wish I was on the water, windjamming in Maine! You sent me a combination of escape and longing! I’ve sailed in the ocean, and it wasn’t terrifying, I promise! Just start by hugging the coast, and then gradually ease out a little further. Stay safe, and thank you for this momentary voyage!

#5 @carolreader - - These baby goats won my heart, and I’m with you - - watching them jumping around is amazing!! I also very much admired the stamps you chose. Thank you for your adorable addition to my postcard zoo!

#17 @NittanyLionRI, your photograph is stunning - - as is the Garden of the Gods State Park you captured with your camera. Very different mountains than my wild, green limestone cliffs and caves, but WOW! Stunning. I’m grateful to you for sharing them!

2 Likes

Today’s excellent mail day included five cards for this group.

#8 @Shesa-Renegade - a beautiful painting of the charming English village of Tissington. I want to visit! I love your silly rubber stamps. Was it @sannah82 who was able to explain them last time, since they seemed to be based on German sayings? This one says “You walk me full on the cookie”. :slight_smile:

#17 @NittanyLionRI - an Anderson Design Group poster for Joshua Tree National Park. Yes, we visited that park in spring 2019. I especially liked the rock formations. Glad to hear that you’ve got some national park visits coming up soon. They are so special!

#19 @ellistrations - Christopher Arndt’s image of the Library of Congress. What a fabulous building! I’m glad our 100 degree days are so rare.

#22 @uconn - a black-and-white photo of a masked couple kissing! It’s dated 1989 (waaay before COVID), but the hairstyles look like the 1940s. I’m curious about the story behind it. Hope you had a great time at the art museum. If you ever get Yale University cards, I would love them.

#25 @jenhart - a watercolor painting of the Natchez National Historical Park, another place I’d like to visit. Oh, I’d like to travel on one of the paddle-wheelers pictured, too.

Thanks so much, everyone, from #16.

I mailed cards 13, 14, and 15 today.

4 Likes