[RR] North American August 2021 Round Robin - The Waning Days of Summer Edition - Addresses Sent

Coming as tagged!

“You walk me full on the cookie” - Du gehst mir voll auf den Keks - aka “You are extremely annoying”. In English you might be walking up walls instead?

1 Like

Thanks to #8 @Shesa-Renegade for the Women in Science card. I am also a scientist (Clinical Laboratory Scientist). I was laughing at the German phrase because I am learning German and that is how I would have interpreted it😉

1 Like

Hello everyone! I have sent out the last of my cards to everyone. They were shipped out based on farthest travel distance to closest over the past few days. And I hope everyone is enjoying the Olympics!

Received today from #8 @Shesa-Renegade a great card Gertrude Elion. And thanks @sannah82 for informing me that the sender finds me “extremely annoying.” Haha! I got the same quote on my card too. So funny.

And also from #17 NittanyLionRI sent me Historic Federal Hill aka “Little Italy” with all kinds of Italian restaurants. @ NittanyLionRI - I was in NYC about a year ago and had the opportunity to eat “Whole Frog and Fish Head soup.” I decided to go with the Chestnut Chicken. Not so adventurous that day. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I have a whole set! You’ll be seeing more all year long…haha

Just wait until you see the one I’ve picked out for next month…hahaha

#19 ellistrations received

#5 @carolreader - Cuyahoga Valley National Park, thank you! So much green and I love it! We have a local park near us that I really should visit more.

#17 @NittanyLionRI - saltwater crocodile, thank you! I love these cards, too. I’ve thought about buying another box, but I should really use the one I have already, haha!

#22 @uconn - benches around a table, thank you! Definitely an interesting yard set-up. Seems they like white with a touch of color and everything heavy duty, haha. Hope you had a great Museum trip.

2 Likes

#29 - I received some great cards to report!

#8 @Shesa-Renegade - Thank you for this Slytherin-inspired postcard! On of my best friends is actually a proud Slytherin so I’ll have to show this to her! For some reason, the scanned version looks way bluer, but it’s definitely Slytherin green!

#22 @uconn - Thank you for the Doctor! As far as the new Who is concerned I’ve only not seen the newest New Year’s special. I noticed it was available to watch so I’ll be watching it very soon! Never heard of Pinburgh but I am excited about Picklesburgh!

#25 @jenhart - Thank you for the Man on the Moon! I love all things moon and space so this was a fantastic postcard for me! The Smithsonian Museums are also my absolute favorite!

See all my postcards from the monthly NARRs here!

2 Likes

#15 @Agneau reporting that I’ve mailed all the postcards, now!

All of mine are now sent.

#22 uconn

Received #18 @4kids2pay4 sends a vintage nude pinup, thanks! I’ve been able to see local CT bands play live, it was nice.

#25 has received:

#5 @carolreader : I love this Cuyhahoga Falls card. We were Cleveland in June and planning to go here and then it rained! I hope to make it there on another visit (my sister in law is living there for one more year).

#8 @shesa-Renegade: This is a great illustrated card of May-Britt Moser. I had never heard of her before so I feel smarter now :slight_smile: I will have to join this RR again next month for another poorly translated stamp lol

#17 @NittanyLionRI: Beautiful card from Newport, RI. I visited Newport years ago and still talk about it. It was just so postcard perfect.

#22 @uconn :CT state map - which would be great anytime, but the misspelling makes it amazing. lol And the fact that your dog’s name is Igor is even more so. Love it!

Thank you, all!!

3 Likes

#19 ellistrations received:

#3 @Cruzin - Pocahontas, thank you! I hope you’re able to make space for the arrival of your Pod. I can’t wait to get my own place and make it my own, furniture, things, decorations… but to also get rid of things as I pack and unpack.

#7 checking in…cards 1-11 went out today; the rest are ready to go tomorrow :slight_smile:

#3 @Cruzin - Sutro Baths - lithograph by unidentified artist - sorry your move has been crazy. I’ve been in the same house over 20 years. We’ve accumulated so much stuff that I don’t even want to think about moving. Hope your pod arrives soon.

#17 @NittanyLionRI - a cute greyhound - we had a dog that was part greyhound and was such a sweetie pie.

#19 @ellistrations - Butterfly Prussian Blue from MOMA - I haven’t been out much either in the heat. Although when I was watering the garden after dinner last night it wasn’t too bad so my Mom and I walked on the greenway - not far, but it was good to get out.

#22 @uconn - House Among the Roses by Monet - I know what you mean about buying more cards. I have quite a stash but I always buy some when I find them. I’m a permanent work from home employee now. I was in a separate building with a couple other departments and they’ve decided we don’t need to lease the space anymore. I brought all my stuff home in January since I missed having both monitors to use. We have a team meeting at the office the end of the month. I haven’t seen them since Feb/Mar 2020.

#26 @alcott1 - Peace Towers on the Manitoba/N Dakota border - I saw lots of fields of sunflowers when I was in France and Italy - so beautiful!

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

#18 @4kids2pay4

Received from #19 @ellistrations - a lovely downtown Naperville riverwalk card with bridge behind autumn leaves. A singing vole stamp from 2002 Arctic Tundra series. What time is the Bar-B-Q? Can I bring a friend?

From #22 @UConn - a wonderful vintage card of men in dress shirts with ties and pants playing shuffleboard. I see you place the stamp so the “Place one cent stamp here” box is clearly displayed too.

And #25 @jenhart - sends a map card of South Carolina recommending a Gullah restaurant in the SC Lowcountry. I do like grits and okra, so if I ever make it that way, I will definitely have to try it out.

Thanks everyone!

2 Likes

#27 @TwoDoggies

Cards for the following will be sent on 8/7/21:

#1 @cawindt
#2 @HarleyGirl73
#3 @Cruzin
#4 @hkappespc
#5 @carolreader
#6 @mikeyz1
#7 @treeclimber

1 Like

#16 reporting:

#5 @carolreader - the elegant Marion County Courthouse, Ohio. Your hiking club sounds like a wonderful antidote the the isolation that has come with the pandemic. Thank you.

I mailed cards 17, 18, 19, and 20 today.

Thank you for translating these. I am writing them down so that I remember them!

#8 Shesa-Renegade checking in with postcards received this week! It is always so exciting to open the mailbox and see what is inside.

#5 @carolreader sends an interesting black and white postcard of a cat looking out a window as part of my adventure challenge. This card is stunning! I love the newspaper that says Major Tom Lost in Space with a tomcat and his space helmet on…haha. What a great card!

#15 @Agneau OH MY GOODNESS GRACIOUS, Rebecca. You truly have an amazing artistic talent! This is the most beautiful handmade card I have ever received. WOW!

#16 @hootnoodle sends a recipe card for Festive Fall Pie. This does sound like a rich recipe. I, too, have been venturing out into the world again, but now with the new variant I am becoming more nervous again. School starts in 2 weeks and I’m still trying to decide what to do about my courses…online or face-to-face.

#17 @NittanyLionRI sends a card of Zion National Park. I love this adventure card so much! I have been to Arches, Capital Reef, and Canyonlands. I have been trying to talk my best friend into going to Zion and Bryce sometime next year. Thanks for the mermaid sticker, too! If only I looked that good in my bathing suit…haha.

#19 @ellistrations sends the final card in the UP! series, Carl and Ellie’s house! NOOO!! Do over!! Do over!!! These have been such a treat coming in each time we are in a group together. From the cards to the stickers, these have been so wonderful. Thank you, Barbara. I will treasure them. Also, I’m thinking of being Carl for Halloween…haha

#22 @uconn sends a card of the marvellous high wire artists Granada and Fedora with their own invention, the revolving pyrotechnic fountain! Well now, that’s terrifying…haha. We stopped to watch the trapeze artists on Santa Monica Pier when I was there last month. It was fun, but don’t think I’m brave enough to be up that high.

Received: 5, 15, 16, 17, 19, 22
To Receive: 1, 2, 3, 4, 6, 7, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 18, 20, 21, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30

4 Likes

#23 Received today:

#18 @4kids2pay4 sent a lovely vintage card of Big Chetac Lake in WI. Wow, that’s a lot of green beans! Thanks, John!

#8 @Shesa-Renegade sent scientist, Katherine Johnson. I’ve been seeing these cards around but it’s the first one I’ve received. Thanks, Rene! You walk me full on the cookie, too :laughing:

#26 @alcott1 sent a pretty St Louis botanical gardens card. Love the huge mounds of azaleas! We’ve been having similar weather here, too. Thank you, Mary Ellen!

2 Likes

@NittanyLionRI #17–Beautiful marble house in Newport, RI. I enjoyed your note about Newport.
@uconn #22–Very interesting and unusual etching called “Blue Feet”–I agree–I think it’s green, too.
Thank you!

2 Likes