[RR] North American August 2021 Round Robin - The Waning Days of Summer Edition - Addresses Sent

#17 NittanyLionRI reporting. Thanks for the wonderful cards received today.

#4 @hkappespc - sent a pretty giraffe card. We have a small zoo in RI, but no hipposšŸ™

#10 @emotis - added to my Lou Paper State collection . I was so excited to receive this card!! Sounds like a wonderful vacation!!

#20 @Triol - another pretty giraffe card in the wild

#28 @sleepyhippo1 - a lovely Fox card. We also have a Fox in our neighborhood and have seen her out with her pups earlier this year.

#5 reporting:

#4 @hkappespc sent an amazing drawing of Cirith Ungol, a tower from the Lord of the Rings. I admit, although Iā€™ve read the triogy twice (in 1967 and again in 2005), I had to look up the name of the tower. I didnā€™t have it handy in my memory banks. But as a tower in Mordor, it still gives me a chill. Thank you!

1 Like

LaurenceB #11 reporting so many received cards :smiley:

1 @cawindt sent pretty deers from Pennsylvania! Thanks for the warm welcome to the RR and for hosting :blush: Thank you!!

7 @treeclimber sent a beautiful line drawing of a giraffe! It is so beautiful and will fit perfectly in my giraffe collection :blush: Thank you!!

12 @Yarn-Lady sent elephants drinking tea! :heart_eyes: I just love it, exactly my kind of illustrations. My house is filled with posters of tigers in the pool, giraffes in trailer parks and flamingos in back yards :wink: Thank you!!

15 @Agneau sent a great Korean painting of tigers! Love the style, it is so unique! :tiger2: Thank you!!

16 @hootnoodle sent a great map of the Olympic peninsula!! Yay! :world_map: I love how they put the little pictures of the touristic sites, everything you need in one little postcard! Thank you!!

23 @PostAddy sent a giraffe trio :heart_eyes::giraffe: Giraffe photo, giraffe stamp and giraffe sticker :blush: I am a very happy girl :blush: Thank you!!

27 @TwoDoggies sent a pretty door from Italy. That reminds me of vacation a few years back! Will we ever be able to travel again freely?! Thank you!!

28 @sleepyhippo1 sent cuddly tigers :blush: Take good care of yourself despite all the extra work :green_heart: Thank you!!

29 @melvnoble sent cute pandas from the Smithsonian zoo! Here, local zoos have so little postcards! Thank you!!

30 @RockyRoadTrip sent a two-for-one! A giraffe with a bird on its neck!! Currently debating if I add the card to my giraffe or bird collection! :smiley: Awesome way to combine my interests! Thank you!!

Thanks all for the wonderful cards :green_heart::green_heart:

2 Likes

As I started back to school for teacher meetings this week, the cards coming in certainly gave me something to look forward to each day. Thank you to:

#2 @HarleyGirl73 for the awesome view of Edmonton and the great stickers & stamps. Itā€™s my pleasure to host!

#4 @hkappespc for the great Kafka card! My stamp was not destroyed like the one that @4kids2pay4 received. :wink:

#10 @emotis for the amazing card from King Orchards. It has become quite famous! I have not been there yet, but maybe soon :wink:

#27 @TwoDoggies for the wonderful work by Brian Moss. I love getting work from current artists. Itā€™s sad that people stole his work, but I guess that means people want it! :laughing:

#29 @melvnoble for the cool card showing a proposed capitol in 1791. Iā€™m glad we didnā€™t go with that one! Love the stickers with the glasses! :nerd_face:

#30 @RockyRoadTrip - Blur!!! I love it!! Yes! Perfect card for me. I was introduced to Blur while on a trip to Finland in 1994. I was a bigger fan of the spin-off band, Gorillaz. Keep the Brit pop coming. Any Will Young, Robbie Williams, Sugababes??

Thank you all!

Updated!

1 Like

September is open for sign ups!

2 Likes

Received from
#4 @hkappespc a cute sloth from the woodland park zoo. Thatā€™s to bad the indoor exhibits arenā€™t open.
#13 @ladybug513 Barbie and ken, with a cute hippo sticker. I miss playing with Barbies. Lol
#20 @Triol beautiful katterskill falls. We had a great time. I could have used a couple more days away though. Lol

Thanks everyone, I enjoyed them all

#21 Beachyblonde
Received all but #20!

#2 @HarleyGirl73 Thank you for the epic Canadian flag postcard with an H for horse postcard! I love the animal stamps as well!! You have a full life of pets, I love it!!

#4 @hkappespc Thank you for the lovely Farmers Market postcard! I love to go to our market, but I havenā€™t been often since the pandemic started. Even though the ones around town are outside, I just donā€™t always feel comfortable taking the kids!

#10 @emotis Thank you for the awesome Gr8 Lakes license plate postcard! I hope the rest of the trip was great!!

#13 @ladybug513 Thank you for the epic ā€œI Egret nothingā€ postcard! I love this series!! I didnā€™t know what a flock of egrets was called before, very interesting!! I love the Crane stamp as well, thank you again!!

#28 @sleepyhippo1 Thank you for the M is for Moose postcard! We will totally take an animal postcard each month!! hahaha Iā€™ve entertained the idea of compiling a book of them for my kids! This project has been super fun!!

#29 @melvnoble Thank you for the lovely art beach postcard! That Ikea candle idea sound super weird, but I just might have to snag one the next time I go to my closest one! I think itā€™s the perfect gag Christmas/birthday present! haha

August 2021 NARR Report #3

Rocky Road Trip #30 reporting

Coming through with the home stretch of August entries:

#02 @HarleyGirl73: sent a Greetings from Canada card featuring the countryā€™s most notable wildlife, including moose, black bears, and mountain goats. Sorry for all the wildfire smoke! Thanks!

#04 @Hkappespc: sent my favorite card of the month (and there have been some tough competitors!) with an ā€œeducationalā€ poster featuring sketches of famous alcoholic authors. Some classics here like Hemingway and Capote, but a few I never suspected of sauce soakers like Dorothy Parker. Yes, Rocky has used the pandemic as an excuse to drink and write himself! Thanks!

#06 @MikeyZ1: sent the most offensive card of the month, with a hunter taking a shot at some Mallard ducks he has lured onto the pond with decoys. Horrific. And the Greetings from Attica, Ohio on the back just makes no sense given todayā€™s standards. Come to Ohio and kill our wildlife. Incredible. Thanks!

#10 @Emotis : sent a hilarious shot of the Giant Clam at Sea Shell City, USA, a tourist trap just south of the Mackinac Bridge in Cheboygan, MI. Sorry to hear this place has fewer cards and is charging more for them. Sad. But thanks for this sea shell relic!

#13 @Ladybug513: sent a spectacular night game shot of Citizenā€™s Bank Ballpark, home of the Philadelphia Phillies. Oh, you should have gone to the game. Stadium visits are a hoot. But a Philly win is not good news for my beloved, and much maligned, NY Mets. But I understand where the Saint is coming from in regards to the Dodgers. Thanks!

#21 @BeachyBlonde: sent a map card that Iā€™ve been looking for for quite some time now: A map of the Appalachian Tail, from Maine to Georgia. This one from Lantern Press is a graphic beauty. Thereā€™s a chunk of the trail that goes through NY near me, and I have done a part of that. But yeah, hiking the full thing is insane ā€“ and yet tons of people do it! Thanks!

#24 @Roxy: sent a billboard sign card from India, where the plumbing supply company thinks little boys, standing in a toilet, pants down, peeing, will somehow sell more American Standards! Incredible. From the ā€œAt Your Convenience ā€“ Public Toilets From Around The Worldā€ collection. Thanks! Good Luck finding toilet washi!

#26 @Alcott1 : sent a shot of a heavily graffitied, abandoned, church entryway. Simply noted as the Old North Church, itā€™s clearly not the one in Boston, but I couldnā€™t find one listed for St. Louis where you suggest the shot might have been taken. Abandoned churches. What a thing. Thanks!

#27 @TwoDoggies: sent a Pig Latin card which the uninitiated would probably mistake for a butcherā€™s sign in Italy or some such! Very nice find. Thanks!

#29 @MelVNoble: sent an art card depicting the Trial of John Brown. Thanks to you, and this card, Iā€™ve convinced our History Book Club to read an account of the Harperā€™s Ferry uprising, a topic we all realized gets pretty much glossed over in the high school history books. Let us know of any interesting podcasts you come across. Any for postcards!? LOL. Thanks!

You can view all these cards HEREā€¦

All my Aug cards have been sent outā€¦

Just waiting on: 8, 18, 20, 28

Rocky Road Trip #30

1 Like

#3 recā€™d

#2 @HarleyGirl73 Canda LP! Great decorations and stamps!

#4 @hkappespc Awesome Farmers Market postcard! That is such a great idea of them to turn their old posters into postcards!

#6 @mikeyz1 Frankenstein Cat!! Gotta love what comes out of kids minds!

#12 @Yarn-Lady AD Portland! One of my favorite cities!

#13 @ladybug513 LP Sunset Beach, NJ. Sounds like a great family reunion! That is a lot of people in one house!

#21 @Beachyblonde Paul McCartney! I am amazed at the difference in weather between SoCal and the Central Coast

#29 @melvnoble Gal Pals - lighting one up? Lol! Did you know that the first episode of Lone Gunman was filmed before 9/11?

Thank you all for the great cards and words!!!

1 Like

From #1 @cawindt
Thank you for the ā€œMichiganā€ card. I absolutely love the wildlife pictured on it. Great postage, 2 of 3 stamps I have not seen before!

From #5 @carolreader
Thank you for the ā€œCardinal - Ohio State Birdā€. The cardinal looks majestic. Neat postage, first time I saw the black and gold window silhouette Halloween and the sun sunspots stamps.

From #7 @treeclimber
Thank you for the great ā€œa century of motoring 1886-1986ā€ postcard. Such a neat informative postcard. I was sure to show my automobile loving husband this card. Sounds like youā€™re further ahead on your family genealogy than I am. Sounds like we have a lot in common.

From #12 @Yarn-Lady
Thank you for the artistic ā€œOregon Coastā€ postcard. Looks beautiful there.

#8 Checking in with more received postcards this week!

#2 @HarleyGirl73 An awesome starfish card from Canada! I love the colors on this so much. I need to come visit you with all of those horses.

#4 @hkappespc A humpback whale breaching out of the water! I hope you can make it to Alaska next year. My son wants to take a Japan cruise next December with me.

#6 @mikeyz1 A great postcard from Hawaii with a fish that is hand drawn created by school children. What a unique card! So, classrooms and Deltaā€¦hereā€™s what Iā€™ve decided to do with my classes that start this next week. Iā€™m going to chat with my students on the first day and tell them that the decision to teach this class f2f was made in early spring before we knew about Delta and assumed we would be on a downswing since vaccines were now available. I am going to ask them how they would like for me to teach the class, thereby giving them agency in the decision. My class is MUCH smaller than yours, but it might be worth a shot if your admin would go for it.

#10 @emotis Northern lights over Lake Superior! It is on my list to see the northern lights. There are some things that I have built up for myself that when I see them I cry because I canā€™t believe itā€™s real. Blue-footed boobies was one of those moments. The northern or southern lights with be another, Iā€™m sure.

#13 @ladybug513 A wonderful card from Middlebury College. This looks like a gorgeous campus. Tuition bills are crazy anymore!

Received: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30
To Receive: 20

From #18 @4kids2pay4
Thank you for the ā€œPetrified Forest National Parkā€
I bet the view would be breathtaking. It reminds me of the badlands or Drumheller, Alberta. I will add it to my list of places to visit. Thanks for the USA Olympic stamp.

From #21 @Beachyblonde
Thank you for the USA states flag card. I appreciate you going through my huge list of favourites on POSTCROSSING. I love this card. You gave me a couple new USA stamps. Cappuccino and the sun corona loops are neat stamps.

1 Like

#27 @TwoDoggies a puzzle Japanese type card I wish I could crochet very humble that you donate them. Thank you.

#4 @hkappespc an orca in maury Island. Nice thank you.

#18 @Beachyblonde chocolate does understand love it. :blush: thanks.

#20 @Triol a fact card of New Jersey I truly love these state series of cards very lovely flowers and a bird enjoy your read how is the book going? Thank you.

#28 @sleepyhippo1 Northwoods Canoeing with a luminous moon. Not only the street name what about the never ending roads? Thank you.

#30 @RockyRoadTrip AHHHHH you always make my day another shark in Cape Cod yes its enjoying the ice cream. Amazing :clap: thank you.

Thank you all truly enjoying these.:grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

2 Likes

From #28 @sleepyhippo1
Thank you for the ā€œYellowstone National Parkā€ postcard showing the Riverside Geyser erupting with 3 new to me postage stamps. Yellowstone is a place I hope to visit some day!

From #14 @dnrhott
I think this card was meant for me. It is addressed to myself, but tagged with user #3 @Cruzin (which I think was an oops). I assume this is my card and therefore, Thank you for the neat winter cabin scene postcard. It makes me miss a cool winter day where one can enjoy nature or go inside and sit by a warm fire. I like that the winter stamp matches the theme of the card.

2 Likes

#20 Triol sent me a lovely on the beach of Atlantic City from New Jersey. Thank you!

1 Like

I am waiting for:
#4,6,9,10,13,20,25,27,29, and 30
Hereā€™s hoping for a full mailbox on Monday!

1 Like

#22 uconn

Received

#28 @sleepyhippo1 an entelodont! Great card