[RR] North American August 2021 Round Robin - The Waning Days of Summer Edition - Addresses Sent

#22 uconn

Received

#28 @sleepyhippo1 an entelodont! Great card

#10 emotis recieved:

#2 @HarleyGirl73 Yes, love this DYK card. I love this series and always learn something new. Good luck to your daughter as she starts her studies!
#4 @hkappespc Cool farmer’s marker postcard… awesome design. Our farmer’s market just announced the’ll be staying open through October… I’m already looking forward to apples and apple cider!
#13 @ladybug513 Goofy and Pluto! And I saw the picture on FB with you and Tony and the Alfa Romeo. How cool!!
#20 @Triol delicious coffee! And I love the quote from Dandelion Wine… it’s perfect!
#21 @Beachyblonde Great Harry Potter card! I’m rereading CHamber of Secrets… again.
#25 @jenhart A Lou Paper card from Mississippi. LOve that the Crossroads is on the card… we visited there last time we drove through.
#27 @TwoDoggies Fight Truth Decay. Love, love, love this card.
#28 @sleepyhippo1 A card from Epcot past… back when Communicore was open (and yes, I still miss!) Hapy to get this card!!

Thanks so much everyone!!
To Receive: 9, 15

2 Likes

#2 @HarleyGirl73 RMCP duckies! LOVE them!! Thank you!!
#4 @hkappespc Birthday postcard! Thank you!
#6 @mikeyz1 LP Geometric from Sunset Beach NJ! Funny, I got another card from #13 the same day, of the same place, with the same card series, but different image!
#10 @emotis Great Cherry Pie recipe card! Can’t wait to make the gluten free version of this!
#13 @ladybug513 LP Geometric from Sunset Beach NJ! See my thank you to #6! :stuck_out_tongue: Thank you!
#20 @Triol Jersey Shore illustrated beach card! Thank you!
#21 @Beachyblonde LP Photo card showing a Florida beach at sunset. This looks so beautiful! I would love to be on a beach right now! Thank you!
#24 @roxy map of Kentucky! Thank you! My summer was good. We took a 20 day vacation and then I started a new job, in a completely new-to-me field!
#25 @jenhart Viewcard of Isle of Palms, SC! Looks like great fun to go to the beach there! Thank you!
#27 @TwoDoggies Studio Ghibli card form Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind! Thank you! My kids do enjoy hosting exchange students! We did not host a student last school year due to covid. Our student two years ago left the USA early to go home to Spain and our student this year barely made it out of Vietnam before lockdowns were imposed there. She arrived unvaccinated, but had been quarantining in her home for a month before she left for the USA. She was also tested before leaving and was negative. Then, 5 days after arriving, she was tested and negative again. Then, we immediately took her to get vaccinated. So, she will have her 2nd dose on 8/29!
#28 @sleepyhippo1 cute Lemur card! Thank you!
#29 @melvnoble Beautiful art card! Thank you!

Thank you as well, to those of you who sent me birthday wishes! My actual birthday on Aug 24, will be full of work at school, followed by more work during tech week for a Shakespeare show I am stage managing!

Sent All
To Rec: 18

2 Likes

#19 ellistrations received

#10 @mere5oh - hot air balloons in a bedroom window, thank you! This is such a beautiful illustration. As I switch jobs, I’m writing all I can as my free time will definitely be non-existent once I officially start working hours this week. Darn jobs, keeping us from having fun!

1 Like

I received a wonderful card from #21 @Beachyblonde about travel and stamps. I love all of the vintage stamps that you used. It was great receiving a card from @Stinkypaw’s shop, as well!

1 Like

#27 received:

#4 @hkappespc A beautiful card of a Great Crested Grebe. Thank you for helping me improve my ever expanding bird collection. Thank you for pointing out they carry their babies on their backs. Not sure I would have seen that detail at first glance.

#20 @triol A lovely, colorful collection of women’s shoes. So, far my favorite of all shoe cards I’ve received. Thank you.

21 @Beachyblonde A lovely Christopher Arndt train card of the BNSF Railway. This card arrived looking like it got run over the by the train! I couldn’t scan it but took a picture and then couldn’t figure out how to rotate it. But I think you get the idea!

#28 @sleepyhippo1 A Dilbert card. This was actually one of our sayings in the office. Or, your lack of planning does not make it my emergency.

Thank you all.

To Be Received: #9

1 Like

#5 received a card from #9 @mere5oh: an assemble-it-myself gold mine! Like a paper doll, but with the parts of my own mine. But, as you pointed out, no gold! What a cute card! I like it a lot - thank you!

1 Like

Sorry about the mishap

#11 LaurenceB received

From #6 @mikeyz1 Amazing house in Newport RI!! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: Thank you so much, I really love these properties too!

#15 @Agneau reporting!

I received this card from #20 @Triol - - Olga, this card makes New Jersey seem like so much fun!! Thank you also for the truly splendid quote from “Dandelion Wine” - - Bradbury has long been a favorite author, and that quote really sums up the way we should treat summer, doesn’t it? Thank you also for the sunny washi tape, and the matching seashell stamp! (P.S. speaking of stamps, I love your little hedgehog!)

1 Like

#28 received from

#2. @HarleyGirl73 a beautiful Banff card. My husband and I visited Banff 13 years ago when we drove to Alaska. Your card brought back great memories. Thank you

#21 @Beachyblonde a cute llama. My husband and I have an on going argument about whether velveeta is real cheese. I say it’s not. Lol

2 Likes

No worries! I loved the postcard.:slight_smile:

I cannot tell you how much my mouth was just hanging open during that episode!!! I had to do some Googling to find out when it aired. WILD!!

#29 with a few more postcards!

#7 @treeclimber - Thank you for this great postcard of Pippin and Merry from The Lord of the Rings movies! I am mostly settled in the new place, thanks! Glad to hear your veggie garden is thriving!

#20 @Triol - Thank you for this postcard showing the Hogwarts House crests! Hope the rest of your summer is great!

#28 @sleepyhippo1 - Thank you for this postcard of Mount Rushmore! Gotta love the quiet calm of a nice afternoon!

See all my postcards from this RR here!

1 Like

#13 @ladybug513 sea Isle City NJ. Nice hope you enjoy your meal. Thank you.

2 more to go

#2 and #10

#17 reporting

#13 @ladybug513 - thank you for the great mermaid crossing card. I spent many summers vacation while growing up in Wildwood :beach_umbrella:

#23 received

#9 @mere5oh sent a cool tribal looking arctic animals card. Thanks, Meredith! I hope the new job works out!

2 Likes

#11 LaurenceB received

From #10 @emotis A wonderful map card to add to my collection :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: Thank you so much, I love it!

#20 @Triol - A COVID-related card, “2020, the Year We Stayed Home”. It looks like I’ll be staying home most of 2021 as well.

Thanks from #16.

1 Like