[RR] North American April 2022 Round Robin - The Make Postcards, Not War Edition - Closed!

Updated!

#19 received

#18 @LaurenceB - Lola Avarez Bravo, photographer, thank you! I didn’t even know this set came out. They do seem to be more colorful and creative than the Science one from what I can see. Love the stamps as well!

1 Like

18 reporting

5 @carolreader sent a hippie elephant! Fun and cheerful card, thank you! My toddler absolutely loved it :blush:

7 @alcott1 sent a linen vintage card :green_heart::heart_eyes::heart_eyes: These are my absolute favorite, thank you so much!! Unfortunately a corner was ripped along the way :disappointed_relieved: It is the second time I get a card with a missing corner in the past weeks :thinking: Anyhow, beautiful beautiful view, I love it! Rumor has it that we will have a postcard show here as well in June, I hope to visit :blush:

15 @AccentOnHakes sent a colorful GF Virginia reprint! Thank you so much for adding it to my collection! :green_heart:

28 @TwoDoggies sent an awesome motel card, vintage!!! :heart_eyes::heart_eyes: Love it!! I had no idea about Duncan Hines’ story… I only ever knew the cake mix!!! I just love the little info on the back of these cards! “wall-to-wall carpeting” - now that’s what one looks for in a motel :joy: Thank you so much!

#22 uconn

#7 @alcott1 “that’s me with the hat” :joy: thank you

Hello, #25 @teddypostcrossing reporting in with an eclectic assortment of cards:

#6 @mikeyz1 Berenstain Bears! Thank you! Your daughter may also like the Dinofours when she turns 4! They are such good books for adults and kids, alike. I miss teaching preschool! We moved across country at the beginning of covid and I haven’t returned to teaching… yet!

#8 @Shesa-Renegade it is so touching to hear how the sea turtles were such a magical experience for your students! I love the card you sent from The Bahamas! Our family friend is a Citizen Scientist on Coronado Island. She reports her sightings because she paddle boards or kayaks every day and is familiar with the turtles and their habitats. She is called the Turtle Whisperer (locally).

#14 @jacieslar Butterflies and positive messages-what could be better! Thank you for this card which will be added to my collection. I have always wanted to see the desert bloom at its peak! Sounds like your trip inspired you to see or begin projects! I love that about travel!

#15 @AccentOnHakes Yep, non rabid foxes are pretty cute! Thank you for the card for my fox collection. I had not read that article about the fox at the capitol! The fox stamp is just fabulous! I have never seen it before!

#22 @uconn You may know that I am partial to humming birds! Thank you for this card-I envy the hummingbird’s energy and fast metabolism! 5 different kinds seems pretty good!

#23 @suatelier Thank you for the PEACE card and your message behind it! I just love the insect stamps/pollinators that you included!

#26 @Susaninutah Thank you for the art card of the tapestry detail from the work, The Unicorn at The Fountain. I love the Tracy Chevalier book called The Lady and The Unicorn. Have you read it?

#29 @melvnoble Thank you for the portrait card of Louise Bourgeois! She is someone I definitely would love to learn more about. We are having an extremely dry and windy Spring. We are starting to worry over drought conditions and fire. Time to do some rain dances or you can send some of your rain, my way!

4 Likes

May is open!

4 Likes

#6 reporting

#7 @alcott1 sent a great card highlighting the Olson Rug Company from Chicago. A great card highlighting their “gardens.”

#8 @Shesa-Renegade sent a great Peace card! I can imagine how taxing the trip to the Bahamas is. You need time for work recovery!!!

#9 @scoutingbear sent a card from the San Diego Safari Park.

#11 @HookedonPostcards sent a great card about peace and Ukraine. I can’t believe it continues.

#14 @jacieslar sent a great Earth Day card! We need so much more work done to save this planet!

#23 @suatelier sent a great Ukraine peace card.

#24 @roxy sent a great card from a New Zealand artist, John Gully!

#29 @melvnoble sent an awesome photo of Picasso at a young age. Love it so much!

Thank you all!!!

3 Likes

Please include me for May. Thanks!

#2 reporting

#1 @cawindt sent the Ukrainian dove blue/yellow stamp card, thank you Craig! Some of your writing got water on it somehow and a third of your message is washed out, but can barely see the words underneath. :slight_smile: I’m glad you were able to get away for spring break! I hope the weather has improved for you. :smiley:

#2 @Cruzin sent a d100 card! :game_die: It’s a die with 100 sides and is numbered. Thank you Lori! Yeah, time does fly when writing cards, lol. Thank you also for the decorations on the back of bunnies and Ukrainian symbols. :smiley:

#7 @alcott1 sent a vintage card of the Daniel Boone Trail Monument in Middlesboro, KY, thank you Mary Ellen! Oh thank you very much for letting me know about the postcard show in Collinsville, I have driven by that VFW many times going to JoAnns or Hobby Lobby, hehe! I used to go to the Denver Paper and Postcard show when I lived in Colorado. :smiley: Also love the no fee thing too! :smiley:

#8 @Shesa-Renegade sent a rabbit in a dress playing on a swing, thank you René! I have never watched The Home Edit show, but I do watch a lot of Netflix series, lol. Thank you for the decorations, love them. :smiley:

#9 @scoutingbear sent a San Diego Zoo Safari Park card, thank you Karen! I now want to pet all of those animals, haha! :smiley: I’m glad you were able to spot them, well, most of them, lol. What is your favorite animal to see at the zoo? Every time I went, I always looked for the wolves, but they never wanted to be seen. :wolf:

#10 @SecretCityGrl sent a bunny and chicks in an Easter basket with tulips, thank you Davyda! :smiley: A cute card for sure. How was the birthday party at the zoo in SC? I hope it was nice and you got to see some awesome animals. :smiley:

#12 @Yarn-Lady sent Sweet Pea flowers, thank you Cynthia! I also mess up spelling my city name, haha! Yesterday was beautiful and today is overcast and windy, bleh! I want some sun dang it! I hope the sun is out by you today, hehe. :blush:

#13 @ladybug513 sent gargoyles! :smiley: Thank you Susan! I love the braying donkey gargoyle, he’s cute, lol. I bet the nine gargoyles on the Washington Memorial Chapel are great too. Wow, 10,000 dogwoods in bloom at once?! I wish I could see it for myself! Enjoy the visit for me please, haha!

#14 @jacieslar sent purple and yellow flowers taking over a white picket fence that was made in water color, thank you JoAnne! :smiley: Did you enjoy your time in Tucson? I’ve never been there. I love when everything comes back to “life” in the spring time, the world becomes more beautiful then. :blush: I can imagine all the birds singing, hehe. I have one male society finch that loves to sing at the top of his little lungs, haha. Yep, shopping and cross stitching, that’s me too. :grin:

#15 @AccentOnHakes sent a wood engraving of Beatrice d’Este, 1907, thank you Karen! :smiley: I know what you mean about the weather! Beautiful one day, cold the next… make up your mind Mother Nature!! Haha, we all want spring to be here and to stay. :smiley:

#19 @ellistrations sent a Snoopy and many little Woodstocks with an Easter basket full of eggs, thank you Barbara! :smiley: I’ll have to color this one, hehe. Forever vacations are awesome and I wish we all could have one, lol. :blush: I hope you enjoyed your friend’s wedding!

#21 @Beachyblonde sent a 3D card of mermaids, thank you Whitney! :mermaid: There are also fish of many sorts, crabs, a sea turtle and a stingray with coral throughout, how neat! :smiley: I hope you enjoyed you beach family vacation, that sounds like a lot of fun. :smiley:

#22 @uconn sent a Brazilian Happy Easter card, thank you James! A bunch of decorated eggs with bunny ears hiding amongst them, lol, cute. What kind of bagels did you bring to the family breakfast? The bagged kind or the freshly baked just that morning kind? :smiley: Bagels are a weakness of mine, haha. :smiley:

#23 @suatelier sent a Peace on Earth by the papersisters postcard, thank you Charlotte! I love your message and your stamps, they are much appreciated. :blush: Earth Day is in two more days, let’s show our love! :smiley:

#24 @roxy sent a PHQ white orchid card, thank you Brenda! :smiley: Four day weekends are always nice to have, it’s like a mini vacation, hehe. Did you do anything fun over Easter weekend? Thank you for the washi and stickers! :blush:

#25 @teddypostcrossing sent “Sugar Bunny” by Sandygrafik from redbubble, thank you Kristine! Yes, bunnies are garden pests, but as you stated so cute! :smiley: I have seen one in my front yard a couple of times eating my grass, lol. I have to yell at my corgi not to chase her, haha. Love the washi and stickers, very Spring-y! :smiley:

#26 @Susaninutah sent a Steampunk camera, old school and giant flash to boot, how neat! :smiley: I have seen their postcards before and always like them, thank you for sharing this one with me Susan! Thank you for the cute butterfly sticker too. :butterfly:

#28 @TwoDoggies sent a rabbit chomping on a head of lettuce, thank you Terri! :smiley: What movie did you go see that there were only four people there during the day? Safe to say that it was not on a weekend? Hehe. Thank you for all the rabbit stickers too! :rabbit2:

#29 @melvnoble sent a fabergé egg of the Imperial Red Cross Easter Egg, 1915, thank you Mel! :smiley: The only plans we had were to go to my in-law’s house and celebrate Easter with them with a big meal and talking. I made a chocolate cheesecake with Nutella and brought it over for all to try, it came out delicious and rich, yum! :yum:

#30 @RockyRoadTrip sent a vintage Easter Greetings card with a girl and boy wrapping Forget-me-not around the large pink egg, thank you Rocky! :smiley: Man, no clue what kind of bird it would be if it hatched, haha! One of the children on front could fit inside that thing! Thank you for the Woodstock stickers too, love it. :smiley:

Thank you everyone for all the great cards!!
:heart: :heart: :heart:

7 Likes

#8 Shesa-Renegade reporting in with two more received postcards!

#21 @Beachyblonde sends a card of Mermaid Kisses and Starfish Wishes. I want to move back to the beach, too. Living in these landlocked states is so depressing. I’m going to try to get out to the beach this summer.

#29 @melvnoble sends a beautiful purple iris for my flower challenge this month. This is gorgeous, and what fun the artist must have being so sneaky! Your stickers are the perfect colors.

Already in my mailbox!: 1, 2, 3, 5, 6, 7, 9, 10,12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 28, 29, 30
To receive: 4, 11, 20, 27

1 Like

#25 @teddypostcrossing reporting:

#11 @HookedonPostcards Thank you for the Sunflower card-beautiful and symbolic. Sunflowers do trigger memories for me too! I love them and would definitely identify as a sunfloweraholic. I have only been successful in growing the giant ones, one Summer. Yes, hoping for peace on earth!

2 Likes

#5 reporting two more cards:

#8 @shesa-renegade – A map of the Bahamas in a gorgeous shade of teal. How interesting it sounds to travel to do research. But I’m sure it’s a lot of hard work, too.

l#18 @LaurenceB – I agree, this card from the “Women in Art” series is gorgeous. And of course I’d never heard of Guan Daosheng before.

Thanks for the great cards! You can see them here.

1 Like

#16 NittanyLionRI

#21 @Beachyblonde sent a great mermaid postcard. Thanks so much. Hope you enjoyed your beach vacation!

#11 reporting –

• #7 @alcott1 - nice vintage card to “Fairyland” … would be nice to travel there, away from all our worries and world stressors. :wink:
  • #8 @Shesa-Renegade - Peace card, nice stamps. No, … I did not know that tomato hormworms glow in UV light. Will have to try it this summer; gotta keep those peskies off our plants!
  • #12 @Yarn-Lady - beautiful B & W image; spending a lot of time trying to figure it out. No attribution or title … wish I could learn more.

Thank you all for the happy mail!

1 Like

#19 received

#4 @jenhart - Bison, thank you! I’d never heard of this park! I’ll have to add it to my Charleston itinerary!

#9 @scoutingbear - platypus, thank you! I have another platypus card, but I think this is the first local one. They’re so cute!

#9 reporting

#11 @HookedonPostcards sends a great bear card. The story behind the bears is so interesting! Thank you so much for sharing it.

#23 @suatelier Sends the peace flag

#29 @sends a retro Washington Dc skyline with some stars on it. I went to DC once several years ago and I would love to go back. So much was left unseen!

2 Likes

18 reporting

14 @jacieslar sent a very cute card reminding the importance of small acts of kindness. So true! Thank you :blush:

26 @Susaninutah sent the most amazing vintage card :heart_eyes::heart_eyes::green_heart: It is so rare to see glitter on cards that old!! Amazing! The year is faded on the postmark, I wish I could tell exactly when it was sent! It is the sweetest message talking about little Ernest growing up too fast :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: I smiled while reading your stories! It’s amazing how you remember these days! I’ll tell you mine next time :wink: Thank you so very much my friend :chocolate_bar::green_heart:

#22 uconn

#20 @Triol an interesting lifescale sculpture by Seward Johnson. I had not heard about them, thanks for sending this one

2 Likes

#17 reporting!

#4 @jenhart I have never been to Florida before, but one of our clients keeps on trying to get me there with the baby! I hope you had a blast despite the restaurant availability!

#6 @mikeyz1 Great photo of this actor! I haven’t watched a silent film in a while, but I do enjoy them. I sometimes like to watch films in different languages which, for me, is pretty much the same thing since I don’t understand what they are saying and have to read body language. I like it when my kids watch shows like Tom & Jerry since it holds their attention longer, needing to pay attention rather than half listen. Love the stamps as well- they weren’t even canceled, which is cool!

#20 @Triol I LOVE the image on this postcard! We need to get back to garden parties and tea time. I am trying to enjoy the Spring, but Indiana can’t get it together on what season it is. I am sure we aren’t the only ones with this problem, of course.

Thank you all! <3

1 Like

#25 reporting:

#7 @alcott1 Thank you for the postcard view of South Cheyenne Canyon, Colorado Springs, from c1910. The card holds many clues and bits of info. I enjoy investigating earlier Colorado history. I looked up the photographer and he had taken photos of Cripple Creek, as well. So, your vintage card has led me onto other findings! I hope the postcard show you attended was fun and interesting for you!