[RR] Alternative Monthly RR - 2022 - Sign-ups closed

i am doing the same in juneā€¦and having to quit my job to do it! hate my manager, so no real loss there when everyone is hiring like crazy and paying better!

Please include me for June! Iā€™ll PM my address. :blush:

1 Like

I would like to join for June please.

1 Like

Received for May:
#6 @LaurenceB A wonderful Inkognito card of Giraffe with red scarf. Also, appropriately themed stickers, washi and cool stamps. No doubt this was ā€œstolenā€ from your favs to mine. Our first day of pool season was May 28th. It was so hot and the pool was the perfect solution. I think Iā€™m going to head over again soon as it is 91 F as of now.

2 Likes

I have received some cards for May!

Thank you so much @Sunshein for the beautiful Lantern Press postcard of wild animals. I had never seen this design before and it is amazing! Thank you for sharing some gratitude with me. It is true that it is so beneficial in so many ways

Thank you so much @TwoDoggies for the May We Fly Vermont bird! I love to visit Vermont so much, so this state bird is perfect :green_heart: The bike path in Burlington is phenomenal. We also have formula shortage here! Iā€™ve heard itā€™s not quite as bad as in the US, but everyone is fighting for the few units left. I am so lucky & thankful to be breastfeeding. Especially since my daughter has allergies, which would require said formula impossible to find!

my june cards are stamped and addressed. I will write most (hopefully all) of them tonight and drop in the mail tomorrow. leaving for a 3 week vacation on wed so will report mine when we return in early july. :smiley:

1 Like

#9 reporting

#8 @DCMdVa sends a bigfoot camping theme postcard. Iā€™m so jealous of those of you that get to ā€œbreak out the kayaksā€ and have a place to go paddling! Thanks for the Girl Scout stamp!

2 Likes

#12 reporting card received from #4 @dnrhott

Thank you for the tip on where to find the buried treasure! :wink:

1 Like

June #1 - all cards sent

Received from #4 @dnrhott a lovely old mill in Arkansas.

Received 2 cards from #8 @DCMdVa! A gorgeous stack of antique books, and a World Postcard Day 2021 card with two of my favorite cities on it (London and Paris).

Thank you both!

2 Likes

#12 reporting all cards are either traveling or in the mail for tomorrow.

1 Like

#10 reporting for June:

#6 @LaurenceB - a map of Germany, with a ā€œmap of the mindā€ sticker on the back. No, I wasnā€™t familiar with the theory of ā€œcountersignalingā€ and did look it up! Thanks for the card, and addition to my vocabulary.

#8 @DCMdVa - Hampton Plantation State Historic Site, SC. I like visiting historic sites, but there arenā€™t as many in my region! Glad you had a good road trip. Thank you.

I mailed cards 1-6 today, but forgot to put my number with my signature.

2 Likes

#11 reporting:

Received a card of a local shop from @DCMdVaā€™s ā€œrecentā€ visit to Tacoma. I know this place and have shopped there, too! :grin: Theyā€™ve expanded the store since we moved here 6 years ago. Thank you!

2 Likes

For June #5 has received:

#4 @dnrhott sent a card of the Flamingo Hotel in Las Vegas. Thanks for the movie recommendation.

#8 @DCMdVa sent an LP card of NOL When I was in NOL this year, I was actually not able to enjoy the beignets and muffuletta, however I ate a lot of other great food!

2 Likes

#10 reporting:

#3 @dnrhott - a map of New Mexico. I havenā€™t been there, either, but Iā€™d like to visit someday. Thank you.

My cards to 7, 8, and 9 went out today.

1 Like

#4 All cards were sent.

1 Like

June 2022

.4. @dnrhott ostrich artwork card and a cool memory of ostrich scrambled eggs. We are so sheltered in the us to not try other kinds of food oftenā€¦and to think it odd at first to even do so!

.8. @DCMdVa thank you for the beautiful butterfly card from my favorites!! I love the stamps you chose as wellā€¦the floral l.o.v.e. is one of my favorites and is becoming very rare to see. I had a butterflyā€¦or maybe a monthā€¦land on me the other day and it was content to just follow me around for a while. I always think it is my mom visiting me, so I just say HI and ask if she is supervisoring my chores today. haha

.12. @ljbbauer sent an awesome postal related cardā€¦USPS: US Puppy service!! omg this is fantastic and the first I have seen of this! I am happy to relate that my boss relented and gave me leave for my vacationā€¦I think she got wind of the fact that my resignation was already written and I was actually looking forward to quitting, but now, when I return I will be working 5 or 6 days a week and possibly getting my own route within 6 months as the carrier that works it has decided to go into management and rather likes sitting on her butt in the A/C all day. I donā€™t see her making the decision to come back to work the xmas rush for 3 months before going back to 6 months of easy workā€¦etc etc. Our new contract forces them to relinquish their route or return to it for 3 full months instead of the old way of only 1 week. :smiley: I think I will tack this up at work :smiley:

our trip got cut in half as my aunt and uncle have covidā€¦so I will report what I receive until next week when we finally head out for mt. rushmore :smiley_cat:

2 Likes

June #1 reporting

Received from #12 @ljbbauer a wonderful owl card with a great book recommendation. Havenā€™t heard of this one, so thank you!

2 Likes

#10 - My last two cards went out today.

1 Like

All my June cards have been mailed!

For June #11 reporting:

Received from #4 (@dnrhott) lovely orchids! We planted sunflowers in the garden again this year, but no rose bushes or carnations. :wink:

2 Likes