[RR] Alternative Monthly RR - 2022 - Sign-ups closed

#9 @scoutingbear thank you for Traditional houses of East Timor. Wow thats great your kids are big. I am not that free yet.

1 Like

#12 @ljbbauer reporting:

#1 @Tee_Q sends Glade Creek Grist Mill in WV. Such a pretty view. Thank you!

#6 @LaurenceB sends zebras! Although I appreciate all the reasons that zoos are wonderful, I donā€™t enjoy them as much as I would like. The captivity thing gets me, but I do like seeing the animals up close! Thank you!

1 Like

#10 reporting:

#1 @Tee_Q - a wonderful bookstore in Uruguay with shelves full of books lining all the walls. I love both bookstores and libraries, though I use the library more. I buy lots of used books at the Friends of the Library bimonthly sales.

#12 @ljbbauer - the beautiful law law library at the University of Michigan. Odd, but the printed text didnā€™t identify the school. It did name the donors, though, so I could look it up. Yes, the San Francisco Street Bakery in Olympia is still in business. Two of my friends live in its neighborhood, one on Quince Street, and one on Pear Street. We pass the bakery when we go to plays at Olympia Little Theatre.

Thank you both.

2 Likes

Lots of cards arriving for June!!

@Angeldreamer sent an awesome vintage restaurant!! Amazing card! Hope the trip is still on and everyone with Covid is feeling OK!! Thank you very much

@dnrhott sent the Marinersā€™s museum in VA! So from your cards I remember not to move to NYC nor VA! I hope you belong where you are living now! Here in Canada people donā€™t change provinces as much as US residents change states, I believe. Thank you

@DCMdVa sent an amazing USPS card from my faves :heart_eyes: You seem to have an endless supply of my favourite cards :smiley: I had no idea these were issued by USPS! Does that make them maxi cards?? I have a whole box of cards for myself too :upside_down_face::joy: I usually rely on WBMP to ā€œreceiveā€ them! I went to Atlanta once on a roadtrip! Only had a few hours in the city - we visited the aquarium :blush: Thank you soo much!

@scoutingbear sent a beautiful Kinkade painting. His work is so detailed indeed! Sometimes I feel postcards are just too small when it comes to his work! Thank you friend! :blush:

1 Like

#9 reporting
@Tee_Q sends a very nice looking Myrtle Beach which has got to be cooler than the weather here today!

1 Like

@hootnoodle what a lovely view of Grand Teton National park. Glad you enjoyed your trip. Thank you.:slightly_smiling_face:

#1 @Tee_Q nice recipe of South Carolina She Crab Soup intresting soup made with sherry and roe? Dont know whats that i will look it up. Nice card thanks :blush:

1 Like

#11 reporting (June 2022):

#1 (@Tee_Q) sends a Swedish Bookstore. I hope you had room in your suitcase for all your bookstore treasures! :grin:

#6 (@LaurenceB) - birds are so much fun to watch! The triplets still have fun watching the birds at their feeder. We did have to change the feeder and suet so the squirrels wouldnā€™t eat it all. :wink:

#10 (@hootnoodle) sent a souvenir card from CefalĆŗ! May there be many more trips in your future!

1 Like

#8 DCMdVa reporting for June:

#4 @dnrhott sent an awesome aerial view of the Grand Canyon Skywalk! Iā€™m not sure whether I would venture out on that skywalk or notā€¦but it looks breath-taking from this photo. Thanks so much for the cool card and the sloth sticker is too cute!

#12 @ljbbauer sent a marvelous octopus mosaic. Thank you for the stunning Seattle card and for sharing your list of three things. I can relate to every single one on your list! Appreciate the new addition to my Lantern Press collection.

1 Like

#7 reporting for June: all of my cards are going out in tomorrowā€™s mail!

Also received a few this week:

#1 @Tee_Q sends a sleeping man in a cafe from the art of urban sketching. Love it!

#4 @dnrhott sends Przewalskiā€™s horse illustration :horse:

#8 @DCMdVa sends a great Seattle mermaid card. Sounds like we have had very similar weather. And thunderstorms this afternoon.

2 Likes

#9 all cards are written and domestic cards have been mailed. Waiting for stamp order to send to the Canadians.

1 Like

#11 reporting (June):

All cards written and on their way! :clap:t2::grin:

1 Like

#9 received

#10 @hootnoodle Sends Dry Falls state park. This sounds like a really interesting place! And since I have time Iā€™ll be looking it up as soon as Iā€™m done reporting!

#12 @ljbbauer Thatā€™s a great Chihuly story. Save the ugly! Hahaha. I enjoy most of his pieces but yes, there are a few that make you go huh?

2 Likes

#1 reporting

Received an awesome gargoyle card from #10 @hootnoodle. Love it!

1 Like

#5 reporting:

#1 @Tee_Q sent a card about a Blind Date at a bookstore. This sounds like an interesting concept. I usually get my books on Kindle Unlimited, the library or from one of the numerous little free libraries around here. I can think of 6 just within about 1 1/2 miles of my house. Thereā€™s also a thrift shop plus the basement of a nearby historic store, now a museum that has books as well. No shortage of options. Thereā€™s a small Indie bookstore close also but I just canā€™t bring myself to pay full price for books and I donā€™t want to keep them once Iā€™m done reading them. My brother used to live in Murrells Inlet but now lives full-time in his RV. I think itā€™s currently at Pirate Land in MB. His RV has gotten so large that it can no longer be towed behind a traditional truck. If they want to actually go mobile they have another, smaller camper. Unfortunately that means I canā€™t stay with him if I want to visit but have to find a hotel. Thatā€™s one way to avoid unwanted houseguests!

#3 @Angeldreamer sent a beautiful photograph of Bryce Canyon. Enjoy your vacay! I just read that Yellowstone is closed because of washed out roads due to flooding.

#6 @LaurenceB sends a Canadian artistā€™s card. I had not heard the theory of countersignalling but it sounds useful.

#10 @hootnoodle send a card of a Chihuly sculpture. Everyone seems to be venturing out into the world now on vacation and peopleā€™s postcards are definitely reflecting that.

1 Like

June #11 reporting:

From #9 @scoutingbear a cool place to stay! The kids are still in school until June 22 here. I still find it hard some days to know what day it is, too! Thank goodness for smart phones. :grin:

From #10 @Angeldreamer a card from the Oregon Coast Aquarium featuring a tufted puffin. Iā€™m with you when it comes to overcast & rainy days! I use a lot of sunscreen. :wink:

From #12 @ljbbauer a baby giving the ā€œraspberriesā€ to the viewer! :rofl::rofl: A music festival! Iā€™m sure it was fun. You canā€™t just sit listening to ā€œrock-ishā€ bluegrass! Greensky Bluegrass has quite a busy summer planned. :wink:

2 Likes

#8 DCMdVa sent all cards for June.

1 Like

#7 reporting a June received card from #9 @scoutingbear a tiger and flowers from mnjohn. I bought a mixed pack of cards from this artist too! I saw an ad for her website on postcrossing haha thanks!

2 Likes

#9 reporting
#6 @LaurenceB sends a very colorful card with birds and flowers. We, uh, donā€™t have a garden because the only things that grow are things that we donā€™t want growing. We even have a fruit tree in the front yard that we donā€™t know what kind it is.

1 Like

#6 @LaurenceB shy wrting bday greetings nice thank you. Like the 40 sticker. No birthday traditions i am a simple gal in my 20ā€™s I used to get my nail done no more breaks my nails.

1 Like

June 2022

#2 I sent 7/11 of my cards last week on my vacation. I am working on the rest tonight and they should go out tomorrow!

I also received a lot of postcards while I was away!
#1 @Tee_Q Thank you for the lovely Myrtle Beach postcard! I love the quote as well!!

#4 @dnrhott Thank you for the lovely Michie Tavern House! I would love to have a house like that, I love the porches!!

#5 @TwoDoggies Thank you for the hilarious ā€œPonies are for Sissiesā€ postcard! Let me know how you like your cruise, Iā€™ve always wanted to go on one! I canā€™t wait to see what postcards you find!!

#8 @DCMdVa Thank you for the TWO postcards! I love them both! I really enjoy watching baseball! My dad has Braves season tickets, but I havenā€™t made it yet! I need to remedy that! haha I also love this set! The artwork is stunning! I want to go to the US VI someday as well!

#9 @scoutingbear Thank you for the spectacular John Lewis postcard! Good luck with staying at work during the summer! I bet itā€™s so quiet though!

#10 @hootnoodle Thank you for the excellent rowing postcard! I havenā€™t read that book, but I will have to get my hands on a copy! Thank you!

#12 @ljbbauer Thank you for the wonderful sunset postcard! I love that you talked about your favorite car youā€™ve had! I recently told my teenager that I was going to get them a Volvo! They really are beasts! I never had one, but a lot of my friends had them in high school!

2 Likes