[RR] Alternative Monthly RR - 2022 - Sign-ups closed

I’ve received some awesome postcards for May!
@Angeldreamer sent a fun Virginia Beach postcard! Thank you!! I can’t wait until the next time I see the beach!
@PostAddy Thank you for the wonderful coffee postcard! The Honey Bee sounds so tasty!!
@DCMdVa Thank you for the precious seal postcard! I love this set and would love to collect them all, thank you!!
@Sunshein Thank you for the epic Tucson map postcard! I hope that you’re feeling better!

3 Likes

#8 DCMdVa reporting cards for May:

#2 @Beachyblonde sent a brilliant LP Beers of the World card! Thanks for the cool graphic and adding a new beverage card to my collection. Yes, it’s definitely starting to feel like summer (at 92F today).

#3 @Angeldreamer sent a cool vintage card of the River Shannon Car Ferry in Ireland. Thanks for such an interesting card and cool postage stamps. What great classic cars! I hope you had an enjoyable Cinco de May.

#4 @dnrhott sent a fabulous card of a herd of African Elephants from Wild Animals of the World. I agree with @Beachyblonde - would love to collect this entire set! Such amazing cards. Thank you!

2 Likes

Would love to join the June RR!

1 Like

I’d like to join June. I did make the big NA RR so if I need to be bumped that’s okY.

1 Like

I’ll play in June. Thanks,

1 Like

My cards for May will be in tomorrow’s mail. Sorry for the delay.

1 Like

Please add me. I’ve been on vacation (first one in two and a half years), just got home this morning.

2 Likes

I would love to join for June!

I also received (For May) an amazing map of Canada’s Production and Wealth postcard from our spectacular host @LaurenceB ! I love the stickers and stamps as well! I hope you’re still enjoying the pool! I’m jealous!!

1 Like

I’d love to join again for June! Many thanks LaurenceB for hosting!

1 Like

May

I received an adorable Fairy postcard from @dnrhott ! Thank you! They are so cute!

1 Like

#5 @TwoDoggies what a nice Unseco of park Muzakowski in Germany very nice view. Thank you

1 Like

sure i will join in June. For its my 40th :birthday:

1 Like

Thank you soooooo much @PostAddy for the awesome travel poster from 59Parks, with wild horses as a bonus :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: I love it!! :smiley:

1 Like

I’m in for June of its not too late!

1 Like

#8 DCMdVa reporting three outstanding cards for May:

#1 @Sunshein sent a wonderful Did you know card of a parliament of owls! Hoot! Hoot! Thank you for the new addition and the cool bass and Babe postage. Yes, it is amazing how the animals change by the season!

#5 @TwoDoggies sent a terrific Edition Tausendschoen card of the US Capitol building. Such a lovely card! I can picture the days when dogs ran around the grounds! Thank you so much for the hometown card. Great postage stamps and stickers (pancakes!) too!

#6 @LaurenceB Your card made me hungry! Thank you for the awesome Liv Wan illustration with such a plethora of delicious looking dishes and desserts. I haven’t seen or tried chocolate hummus…yet! I’ll be on the look out. Thanks also for the many stamps, what a cool Bruins one. The dragon stamps I sent came out a couple years ago, glad to send a new one to you.

1 Like

May #7 received from:

#1 @Sunshein sends a cute sloth (the pull up champ). I hope you enjoyed your time in Phoenix!

#5 @TwoDoggies sends Barack Obama cuddling a sloth and hedgehog. Funny! Say what? 10 year wait? Wild.

Thanks to you both!

2 Likes

I’ve received the last two cards for May.

#5 @TwoDoggies - Terri sent me a Dali print. Your comment about his work resonated after visiting the Phoenix Art Museum last weekend. There were a lot of works that did not “speak” to me at all and some made me wonder why they were in a museum. Then you turned around and couldn’t move for long minutes because you were so fascinated with the work.

#6 @LaurenceB - Laurence fed my map addition by sending me a map of economic production sites. We’re hoping the monsoon will start early as we’ve just been moved to Stage 2 Fire Restrictions, which includes NO outdoor smoking, you may only smoke in enclosed places, such as a house or car with closed windows. Personally, I’d like to keep that one year round.

The link to see all cards I received is (just click on the postcard):

1 Like

Participating members for May 2022

.1. @Sunshein sent Arizona wildflowers. I well remember the dry endless summers. We are hot and muggy right now, which is not typical for my area but I think the weather is changing because it has been like this for at least the last 3 years when I have been stuck working in it!

.5. @TwoDoggies Sent a vintage hotel…as for my part time job…ironically I could be working full time right now and be awarded a permanent route in about a month, but I have had a family reunion trip on the books for a year and was denied time off, so I am quitting. If covid taught us anything it is that life is short and that family comes first! There are a ton of jobs out there and the post office treats its employees like slaves…so i look forward to my next chapter and a better work/life balance…and something that keeps me out of the sun!

also I don’t know if I forgot to report or it got missed but I remember reading a card from LaurenceB, so I am complete for May.

1 Like

also sign me up for june please. I will be late reporting as I will be on vacation but I will send my cards from my trip…either Utah or Mt Rushmore!!

2 Likes