[RR] Alternative Monthly RR - January to June 2023

Lots to report tonight!

#8 @evank sent two postcards…Shipwreck Beach in Hawaii and Sydney at twilight. I can’t remember about stamps but I sold postcard online on Ebay and my own site. A card on Ebay was bid up to $550, my dad was so excited watching the action!

#10 @inkandpaper sends a sweet tabby cat! When we get settled after we move to San Antonio, we told our daughter she can adopt another shelter cat and she wants a tabby like this!

#19 @Beachyblonde sends a great postcard from Houston I just love the art style of this card, I do not look forward to Texas heat when we move!

#14 @Maslover12 sends the sweetest mail postcard and Pusheen stickers! We love our cat Koko but she is a maniac…she is currently doing zoomies on the rug!

#6 @DaisyDekker sends the cat that came to dinner! Our cat knows she is not allowed on the table or counter and knows the squirt bottle will come out if she does!

#15 @thetinylibrarian sends one of the great National Park cards from Hot Springs with Harry Potter stickers!! I am taking the day off from work for my birthday…guess who forgot to ask for it off to spend with me???

#18 @CeceG sends a sweet gray cat sleeping, our Koko is grayish, she is a diluted torti. I love the Calvin and Hobbs stamp, my daughter sewed her own Hobbs since there isn’t any merchandise for the comic.

3 Likes

Received a card from
@sraelling
Thanks so much for the card! I love it!!

1 Like

I finally have time to report on cards received!

@CeceG sends a dog of the sea (seal lol). She also sent dog stamps and dog washi with a corgi on it!

@DaisyDekker sends a moose fact card. I would love to see a moose in person, you are very lucky.

@durangirl sends a dolphin fun fact card. I only know one Duran Duran song lol.

@inkandpaper sends a fun fact coffee card :stuck_out_tongue: I loove coffee. Thank you for being so nice and helpful in your message.

@sleepyhippo1 sends a beautiful illustration of a bookstore!

@Hazygirl sends a picture inside of a bookstore. Not sure why they open so late but doubt they stay open past 6pm, don’t people party on Fridays? lol

@Maslover12 sends a really cool moon postcard! I have two corgis and a cat. Hopefully you and the kitties are doing great!

4 Likes

#1 reporting for June.

#16 @HaniMilei sent a lovely drawing of Rosie the Riveter for my on-going challenge. Thanks! So far I’ve received several and each unique. My favorite museum in Toronto is actually the Bata Shoe Museum!

#19 @Beachyblonde sent a card of the Texas capital.

1 Like

#13 hazygirl

#6 @DaisyDekker sent a fun umbrella card. Great choice.

1 Like

Hi all!
This thread was starting to become very long, so I have opened another thread for the second half of 2023.
July sign ups are now open here: Alternative Monthly RR - July 2023 sign ups open!

Lots of goodness for June
#1 @TwoDoggies sent a fun umbrella card

#14 @Maslover12 sent a great illustrated tea card
#19 @Beachyblonde sent Austin. I was just at a wedding too. It was Harry Potter themed
#16 @HaniMilei sent Pusheen! Sad about Toronto. New York isn’t much better.

2 Likes

June 2023 Several to report!

#6 @DaisyDekker - a WONDERFUL vintage restaurant card of the The Space Needle Restaurant! I absolutely love it! She also collaged the back of the card with a menu! So creative and lovely - thank you, Daisy!

#8 @evank - Evan sent 2 cards! (plus a bonus blank one! Thank you so much!) I do have an antique store (somewhat) nearby that I love. It’s a lovely 25 minute drive out into the country and the store is HUGE. You have to set aside a couple of hours to do it justice!

#14 @Maslover12 - a lovely pastel pink bird card. My scanner had trouble capturing it and put zigzags all over it for some reason. It sounds like we have many paper art hobbies in common! I love your pretty washi tape, especially the large flowery/botanical one!

#15 @thetinylibrarian - a great painting by Edouard Manet. How exciting to be planning your wedding! A small wedding in a rose garden sounds absolutely lovely! I hope it turns out to be everything you hope it to be!

#17 @roxy - a super fun vintage motel card! I love these artist rendering photos - they always look both so vintage and so futuristic at the same time!

Thank you all!! :heart:

3 Likes

Woohoo! It looks like my TX cards are arriving!
All of my cards are travelling!

I’ve received more cards:

#6 @DaisyDekker Thank you for the lovely Cipe Pineles postcard! It sounds like you’ve had a pleasant June so far!

#9 @sraelling Thank you for the Daring Dames postcard! I like this set!

#14 @Maslover12 Thank you for the coffee postcard and and cute stickers!

3 Likes

June cards

#9 @sraelling sends a fantastic card of downtown Key West! I have a bunch of cards that were gifted to me from my friend that were her mother in laws, they are great to have and share with my PC family!

#1 @TwoDoggies sends a great vintage ad featuring Laurence Olivier! I love that the price is in sterling!

2 Likes

June
#13 hazygirl
#9 @sraelling sent St George Island.

2 Likes

#9 reporting that two more cards arrived!

#6 @DaisyDekker - I don’t remember ever seeing a portable TV. I think that perhaps I’ve lived a very sheltered life. :rofl: So glad you enjoyed the Chautauqua performances! “Tent Show Radio” is a podcast featuring portions of shows at the Big Top Chautauqua in Bayfield, WI. Not the same as being there, but still fun to hear!

#19 @Beachyblonde - Yay for weddings! :wink:

Thanks to you both!
:heart::heart:

2 Likes

Two more June cards received:

From @durangirl came a beautiful lighthouse postcard with flamingo washi tape, a lighthouse sticker, and a dramatic Roy Lichtenstein stamp. Congratulations on the graduations!

From @thetinylibrarian came a lovely postcard of Colonial Williamsburg Fife and Drums. I’ve seen videos of them online and hope to see them in person one day. Two striking stamps from the Endangered series: a candy darter and a laysan teal.

2 Likes

Reporting for the month of June…
#2 @CorgiMama sends a great steampunk cat in a top hat! What did you think of No Exit? I’m currently reading four different books for school D: but the last one I finished was In Ascenion by Martin MacInnes which I really liked!

#5 @sleepyhippo1 sends a really cute pig, wearing a hat. I agree with you, it is really cute, his eyes are kind of sad and hopeful and happy all at the same time?! I love that you included a The Count sticker on the back too

#7 @nursegarry sends a vintage travel style, old cars in front of a New Orleans cafe. Good vibes and nice colors, bet they have some yummy food inside… I have sadly never been to New Orleans, maybe one day.

#8 @evank sent me two in an envelope as birthday wishes :slight_smile: An orca jumping from the ocean and a beach scene. I think our weekends look a lot like yours–quality time, sometimes a soccer game, outdoor activities (sledding in winter or hiking in other seasons), my husband will read to me while I cross-stitch.

#10 @inkandpaper sends an owl in a crown–and it’s a gorgeous piece of artwork to boot! I’m glad you like my animals in hats collection! It’s fun for me to look through too, and once you start looking for them there’ quite a few out there!

#12 @durangirl sends a vintage travel poster style card of Nantucket. I love the little whale scene included at the top of this poster. Sounds like you were in San Francisco right after I visited there, also for a birthday! I hope you had as much fun there as I did :smile:

#13 @hazygirl sends a snake card!! Looking right at the camera with their lil tongue out :heart: :snake: That’s neat you had a ball python. I had a ribbon snake once, quite the little guy, very cute, ate crickets but had kind of a hard time catching them.

#17 @roxy sends a Van Gogh, “The Seated Zouave.” I love his work. I’ve also been in a couple cities when they were hosting the immersive exhibit but didn’t go either. There’s always so much to do! Have you seen the movie “Loving Vincent”? I saw it in the theater and it was really cool.

Thank you all for the great cards :heart:

2 Likes

No worries! Get better soon!

1 Like

#15 reporting cards received for June:

#8 @evank sends two fun cards in an envelope with some tea! Thank you so much! I love all the stamps on the envelope, and I am so excited to try the teas. I haven’t been super lucky with finding postcards at thrift stores yet. I think I may just be looking at the wrong stores! I don’t play any sports now but I used to like playing volleyball!
#1 @TwoDoggies sends an awesome celebrate women card. Your father’s day celebrations sound so nice! I love brunch and boat rides are always fun :slight_smile:
#16 @HaniMilei sends a beautiful wedding card with two brides. Thank you for telling me about your favorite foods! I had not heard of those dishes before reading your card. After reading about these dishes I’d love to try them!
#9 @sraelling sends an adorable witchy/spooky Halloween-ish card! Thank you so much! Thank you so much for the stamps, especially the TN Valley Authority one! I did not know that TVA had a stamp!! Love the book recommendations too :slight_smile:

Thanks all!

2 Likes

June 2023

Thanks @sraelling for the card of white water rafting in Hell’s Canyon. It was a great memory for me as I went on a jet boat in Hell’s Canyon back in the 1980’s.

2 Likes

@thetinylibrarian sent South Carolina I was there two summers ago for vacation Lovett. Glad to hear your new job is working out.
@evank sent Pope John Paul II. I do believe this is my first Pope card. Pretty cool.

1 Like

Received for June

@TwoDoggies the ant eater mushroom park. I have seen them in zoos. They are amazing looking critters.
@DaisyDekker a cat and his teddy bears. Cute washi too.
@HaniMilei some beautiful tomatoes. Fresh tomatoes are the best.
@Beachyblonde Texas chili recipe. I enjoy a good bowl of chili. But no jalapeños for me either.
@sraelling beautiful mt. Rainier.

Thanks everyone for the great cards.

2 Likes

More wonderful June cards received:

@thetinylibrarian sent a fantastic Cow card from Cruze Farm Dairy - the back reads “You’re Legen-dairy”. Lol, I love Cow humour!

@durangirl sent the most 70s motel card showcasing the Cockatoo Inn in Los Angeles. I love this one so much!

@nursegarry sent a great art card of a smoking girl. Very cute. I’ve sent you a message about Gloucester High. :slight_smile:

@sraelling sent a card with a beautiful rustic cabin in the Aspen grove in Harmony County Oregon. So peaceful looking

Thank you all for such great cards and messages!

4 Likes