[RR] Alternative Monthly RR - January to June 2023

Received for June - What a great month of postcards, thank you everyone!

#2 @CorgiMama I love the Stones, thank you! I don’t have a favorite genre to read but right now I’m looking for summer (easy) read suggestions!
#4 @paigeawesome Thank you for the vintage mine card. It’s amazing to see the history and imagine all the workers that worked there and built the country.
#5 @sleepyhippo1 Thank you for the Spam Museum card (my happy place). Good luck with your garden this summer; my husband is growing green peppers on our apartment balcony!
#6 @DaisyDekker Thank you for the Detweiller Marina card. I hope you are able to relocate exactly where you want to. I want to move back to my hometown—about 30 minutes from where I live now.
#7 @nursegarry Thank you for the Ireland card, never been there, always on my list. I wish you still worked at Queens, my husband will be having surgery there.
#8 @evank Thank you for the BC card and extras. Congrats on your 4 year anniversary!
#9 @sraelling Thank you for the vintage Kauai Surf hotel card. My family went there to see a Hawaiian music concert in the 70’s, so your card brought back wonderful memories.
#10 @inkandpaper Thank you for the vintage NYC card, looks like the golden age. I lived there in the not-so-golden-age, but NYC is always exciting and I always enjoy getting postcards of the city.
#12 @durangirl Thank you for the Mickey 1942 card. Sounds like June is a happy, busy month for you. My family celebrates 4 birthdays in July, including mine, but no trip for me either!
#13 @Hazygirl Thank you for the regal Octopus card. I’m glad you enjoyed your trip to Hawai’i. You asked if it’s magical to live here. Well…it’s like the cliché, it’s a nice place to visit but… it’s hard to live here, with the highest cost of living in the US. But all of my family is here, so that’s the trade off.
#14 @Maslover12 Thank you for the pug card. I’m impressed with your journaling and scrapbooking. I looked into bullet journaling but it looks so complicated!
#15 @thetinylibrarian Thank you for the NP of American Samoa card (with the old fashioned label, I haven’t seen that in years!) The World’s Fair in Knoxville sounds cool, I’m interested in reading about it.
#17 @Roxy Thank you for the Barkitecture card, it looks like a great place to keep the dog during fireworks. Hope you were able to get more stamps!
#19 @Beachyblonde Thank you for the Stay Wild card. I haven’t been camping since I was a kid. My family always talks about doing it, but everyone’s too lazy!

5 Likes

A June postcard coming in from @Beachyblonde (#19)! Thank you so much! My history loving boy is going to be so delighted about this. We just went to an amazing interactive display about the various soldiers and how they experienced the Civil War…White, African American, Native American, Spanish, underaged, women and of course North and South…Very enlightening! Thanks for giving us the perfect card for my son.

Glad you had fun at science camp! When I taught fourth grade, we always went for a week…I loved it!

1 Like

Received for June

#16 @HaniMilei thank you for the summer Pusheen postcard and the beautiful stamps! My daughter and I are watching a show from Canada about house flippers that buy hoarder houses, we love the beautiful scenery!

2 Likes

Received from @Maslover12 - a Patrick Tobin postcard.

Thanks.

2 Likes

#16 Reporting two more June cards received:

From #9 @sraelling came a fascinating card of the cannonball concretions rock formations at Theodore Roosevelt National Park. I had not heard of this park before and now I definitely want to visit it.

From #14 @Maslover12 came a lovely card of White Star Line Titanic moving through the water, with both floral and polka dot washi tape.

2 Likes

A few to report for June 2023!

@CeceG - a really neat card featuring Hawaii’s state bird, the Nene Goose. :smiley: I actually have a new puzzle that I got a couple of months ago and I haven’t even opened it! I’m going to go dig it out to get us through this heat wave!

@Beachyblonde - a beautiful night view of the Austin skyline. :smiley: I’m happy you sent a card from Texas! I don’t get many, so they’re always a treat!

@sraelling - a wonderful Great Horned Owl card! I think this one may be from my favorites page! I hope that you and the triplets are making happy summer memories! :sun_with_face: :heart:

@HaniMilei - a great Charley Harper bird card! :smiley: I love the quote you included by Robert Abelson - how true it is!

Thank you, everyone, for such fun cards! :heart: :heart: :heart:

2 Likes

#15 reporting for June 2023!

#19 @Beachyblonde sends a cute cat card! I have heard that show is so nice! I love shows/books/podcasts that are really positive, so I need to check that out!

1 Like

#16 Reporting another June card received.

From #6 @DaisyDekker came an artistically decorated card featuring a gorgeous Maximilian style close helmet c. 1530s Germany, from the Armor Court of the Cleveland Museum of Art. Also a profusion of beautiful military themed stamps, and a lovely note.

2 Likes

Another June postcard has arrived! This time from @HaniMilei and it completely made my day!

I am a huge fan of the Group of Seven and nature art from that same time period. However yours is my first postcard…I am over the moon about it!

The back side was delightfully serendipitous! I had spent the morning searching for a good book to read by a German author. I ended up ordering an Erich Kastner book through the inter library loan program. Of course, it will be a bit of a wait so I decided to start reading Italy while I waited- but I couldn’t decide what book I wanted…

In the afternoon, I received your beautiful card recommending an Erich Kastner book :blush: and Heart by De Ameci (Italy 1886).

Now I can hardly wait for my Kastner book to arrive and I am listening to an audio version of heart!

What a great Postcrossing moment. And a wonderful feeling of connection!

2 Likes

More June cards received:

@ceceg sent a gorgeous Hawaii scene of a “board meeting” (surfers with their surfboards) - I do love a good pun! We went to Graceland a few years ago for the first time. It was amazing! I hope you get there!

@DaisyDekker sent a beautiful art card showing chrsyanthemums. Your stickers put this card over the top! I love them!

Thanks!

2 Likes

Hello all,
I’ve returned from Japan and have a trove of postcards to report…
#19 @Beachyblonde Love the Marius Morkevicius photo…looks like early morning Rome…Hope you’re healing up well.
#18 @CeceG A little hula girl…took me right back to working in Hawaii.
#17 @roxy A stunning drawing of the temple of Esna…thank you
#16 @HaniMilei LOL…I am a Canadian living in USA…the opposite of you…so I know the group of 7 very well…learned about them in school.
#15 @thetinylibrarian I hope you are being celebrated for all these life moments that you’re having. Thank you for the Renoir card…I’ve actually seen that painting…it was at the National Gallery of Canada many years ago on a tour when I was there. Love this type of painting…so calm.
#14 @Maslover12 Thank you for the dreamer by Picasso…it’s actually a print on my wall!!!
#13 @Hazygirl Thank you for the George Eastman image. What an interesting life he had…
#12 @durangirl Love your card! I just got back from Japan yesterday…so the Japanese image is timely…love the stamps too. Thank you,
#10 @inkandpaper First: Yes I have 6 chickens and a dog…and I babysit other peoples dogs all the time…this house is full of little feet. And thank you for the Hopi dance card…so beautiful.
#9 @sraelling So glad you are putting some color on your house…my project for the fall is a new living room ! Color and more color I say!
#8 @evank Thank you for all three cards…you are so generous. and I love the stamps…my Alum is UBC…
#6 @DaisyDekker And guess what…your May card arrived this morning…albeit somewhat beat up! LOL…but you were right…just send along a replacement (which also arrived)…so I got three cards from you…thank you so much! Love this month’s selection of Baba the elephant doing art…so funny.
#5 @sleepyhippo1 Thank you for the Tahitian Women by Gaughin…I recently saw an exhibit of his in London and he was such a gifted artist and a bit of an anthropologist too.
#4 @paigeawesome The Legion of Honor is such a cool place…have you been to the Cantor Center in Palo Alto beside Stanford? Also a great collection of Rodin’s there.
#2 @CorgiMama Love the image of the clown and the dancer…thank you. I’m doing a BBQ and photo swap with friends from recent travel…and catching up on errands…
#1 @TwoDoggies Love this Diego Rivera…you spoiled me.
Thank you all,
Garry

4 Likes

More cards to report from June #9:

#1 @TwoDoggies: Oh my! Hopefully everyone is healthy now! I laughed so hard when I saw your card! I’m sure that everyone who makes a garden fountain and waterfall has a smile on their face! Reminds me of when I sewed a tent and sleeping bag. The catalog cover had the husband and wife working together with smiles on their faces. If I had known more about the idiosyncrasies of the older sewing machine that I had inherited, we may have had more smiles. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

#14 @Maslover12: I hope your air quality has improved! Although the fires are still raging. :smiling_face_with_tear: Another reason to wear masks. :woozy_face:

#16 @HaniMilei: I’ve got tomatoes in containers at my house. But the grandkids and I planted some corn, beans, pumpkins, tomatoes and jalapeño in their above ground garden. At least there are farmers’ markets if I want the produce without the work. :grin:

3 Likes

June cards:

@Beachyblonde sent a great Love, Uncensored card - Who the hell is Becky? I love that set of cards!

@Maslover12 sent a Stone Creek Coffee postcard with a great illustration and sage advice: “Never Stop Learning”.

Thanks!

2 Likes

June cards
#3 @missedith17 sent a cool illustrated map of the pine barrens in Jersey. A friend of mine is from there and talks about that place all the time.

1 Like

Another June card received. Thank you @TwoDoggies for the amazing Elvis duck card - I love it!! (And I did receive your fabulous swearing card from the NA RR - I must not have reported it - so sorry!)

1 Like

#16 Reporting two more June cards received.

From #1 @TwoDoggies came a lovely card with cute stickers and featuring a stunning morion of the state guard of Elector Christian I of Saxony, and a thoughtful note.

From #19 @Beachyblonde came a wonderful photograph of the flowstone cascade “Frozen Niagara” in Mammoth Cave National Park. Definitely need to visit it one day.

1 Like

Received all cards for June!

#1 @TwoDoggies Thank you for the adorable animals on the underground card, very clever and cute!

#3 @missedith17 Thank you for the Pine Barrens card, it must be a beautiful area.

#16 @HaniMilei Thank you for the Charley Harper card and the Toronto recommendations, I’ll keep those in mind if I ever get to your neighborhood!

2 Likes

#1 @TwoDoggies reporting for June

Received from #3 @missedith17 American Flag. I love that you’re crocheting something for a friend who “suggested” you make it for yourself. LOL

#11 @vtrradio sent a GF Napa Valley. Thanks for reading my profile!

1 Like

June 2023

#3 @missedith17 sends a King Charles lll postcard, thank you for my first of his reign!

1 Like

#16 reporting for June.

From #11 @vtrradio came a Greetings From California card with many colorful hot air balloons.

1 Like