Royal Mail 'cyber-incident' hits overseas post

I wonder if they can allow us just to draw UK addresses?

3 Likes

I did ask via the contact form and got a reply from Ana saying it wasn’t possible because of the design of the system. Such a pity. I’ve already received more than I’ve sent and I can’t do anything about it.

3 Likes

Such shame, I would have thought there be enough UK postcrossers avaliable with due postcards just for a week or two.

I’ve just done reconnaissance trip to some of the Central London Post Offices in search of philatelic counters.

These where up on the self service kiosks and internal post boxes.

4 Likes

If this lasts much longer, I’ll consider hopping over to Dublin for the day! If I still lived in London, I’d think about a trip to Calais!

3 Likes

Oh. That’s a thought! I live 10 minutes from Dover…

3 Likes

Resumption of mail from 19:00hrs today

14 Likes

Yippee, and here’s me contemplating Dublin!

2 Likes

Woohoo thanks for sharing!!!

1 Like

Go to Dublin anyway! It’s a nice place to visit!

3 Likes

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Thank you for letting us know!

Has anyone started resending? I have a couple of things to post but haven’t made my mind up whether to drop theme in the box. Also Postcrossing still has the warning message asking us not to draw new addresses - is anyone confident enough in the Royal Mail to pull new officials?

1 Like

I should think the Postcrossing message is simply because none of us have told the team yet that we can post again.

I shall certainly post at least 8 postcards when I go out tomorrow. If RM says we can, then I’m going to trust them that we can.

@meiadeleite

2 Likes

I’ve started re-sending - the ones I’d already pulled and written before the RM incident but hadn’t yet been posted will be in the postbox today, along with one I pulled last night after seeing RM are allowing some international post again :blush:

2 Likes

I’ve posted one this morning. Let’s see…

1 Like

Thanks for that, I had 6 cards that I needed sending. Unfortunately they’ll have to wait a few more days as the pavements are lethal due to snow and ice these past few days. It’s just too dangerous to walk to the nearest postbox. I am not too clever on my feet at the best of times (thank you disability) so I dont want to fall.

3 Likes

An official card I posted on 11.01 got registered this morning, so some post must have got through somehow since last Wednesday: GB-1611304

4 Likes

I dropped 17 cards in the post just an hour or so before hearing that international mail was banjaxed, I’ll be sure to post here when the first of them is registered!

3 Likes

And one of them just got registered, in Germany!

5 Likes

A postcard from 12th -after the incident but before the ‘don’t send’ information- got registered yesterday, so I think that they are moving the backlog.

I’d be interested to know if things thst went in the box on the day of the incident make it to their destination or are somehow doomed…

3 Likes

Yes. I put 4-5 postcards in the box on the 10th, but I’m not sure if that box was emptied that day, or the 11th. And then 9 more yesterday, the 20th. I’m also interested to see what arrives first.

I am heartened though by yours and others’ reports of cards arriving. It does make me wonder if RM started to clear the backlog a day or two before announcing we could post again. It’s what I would have done had I been in charge.

4 Likes