Roll Control: Stamp Dispensers

That looks so nice :heart_eyes:
So basicaly like what I am waiting for. Unfortunately our post office doesn’t do something like that anymore. So you can only get the vintage ones.

1 Like

What a fun topic, makes me really wish Australia Post would sell rolls of international stamps! I might have to start a petition… maybe it could be signed by the other Postcrossers :joy:

6 Likes

I have an update on the vintage german postal service boxes. But only in the fact that I can’t update you as the seller canceled my buy :sob: And all the other ones on ebay are too expensive. One actually wanting over 70 Euros :flushed:

So I have to think of something different…

2 Likes

@ahmandah, if you start one, I will be the first to sign! :fountain_pen:

@Antwoman, noooo, why?! :weary: I know what you mean about sellers asking exorbitant prices. (This brass fox dispenser is available on Amazon for $55, by the way…which is still absurd, but not $145 absurd. :dizzy_face:)

You should try @syaffolee’s origami box or @lovely-weirdo’s coin bank solution!

4 Likes

@PinkNoodle Yeah crazy, right? Maybe there is still a chance as i did bid on one lesser expensive one. But we will have to wait and see. :face_with_hand_over_mouth:
For the meantime I ordered a coinbank globe. I think that might work and look really nice as well.

3 Likes

Here’s mine. It’s never been used though, because with rare exceptions (like the strip of Star Trek ones I used as an example in this picture), it’s only the definitives that come in coils & those are boring to me so I never buy them. I only have this dispenser because it combines my love of mail with my love of the Edmonton Oilers!

16 Likes

Star Trek stamps!! :heart::vulcan_salute::heart:

These little mailboxes are so cute; I want to see if I can get my hands on one as an American…:sweat_smile:

2 Likes

:vulcan_salute: Live long & prosper! If I remember right, I think there was even a little mailbox dispenser with a Star Trek theme available when those stamps came out!

3 Likes

…GET OUT. :sparkles::scream::sparkles:

[Shakes fist jealously at Canada]

7 Likes

:rofl:
Yes

I followed through with @lovely-weirdo’s coin bank tip and purchased this little cutie:

…I’m so excited to receive it. :heartbeat: I told the seller how I intend to use it, and she loved the idea!

12 Likes

Ooh that is lovely :heart_eyes: Reminds me of armstrong the mouse by a german illustrator I love. Who is traveling to the moon.

(The website is in german but there are the pictures that remind me of your mouse @PinkNoodle )

My first try out for my stamp dispenser came. It is great but I can only recommend it for the most patient people (I’m not included :sweat_smile:) as getting the stamps through the top was very hard.

19 Likes

These, right? WANT :heart_eyes:

13 Likes

Yes!! I really should have bought one when they were available, just to have it and admire it’s awesomeness! :star_struck:

2 Likes

That globe is adorable–and if you buy stamp rolls large enough, you don’t have to worry about feeding the end of the roll through the slot very often! :joy:

I am now obsessed with Armstrong, and Lindbergh, and everything by Torben Kuhlmann. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: He must have pet mice or rats himself, because he perfectly captures their essence–the way they sit, the way they hold their hands, the way their fur folds. :heartbeat: Too good.

My little mousie is by the inimitable Beatrix Potter! There are a few more illustrations on the other three sides of the box, mostly from The Tale of Mrs. Tittlemouse. (The whole story is in that link!)

2 Likes

Those ARE adorable! :heart_eyes:

What a wonderful subject and your narrative about ceramics almost made me spit my iced tea out :rofl: I’ve already become way too obsessed with stamps, since joining Post crossing…This has not helped! :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Check out this beauty for only $150! :flushed:

3 Likes

Hi, I can finaly give an update on the vintage german coinbanks. They don’t work out, as the hole in the bottom is to narrow :weary: And there is a metall piece you have to push in when dropping a coin in, that won’t let anything out easily. Well…now it just sits on my shelf looking adorable :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

Even though I live in India and we have stamp sheets and not rolls, I was interested and Googled it.

I found this link and I think they’re available!

Check it out!

2 Likes