Red alert! Be careful where you deposit your outgoing postcards!

50 Likes

:rofl:

2 Likes

I’ve had the same concern here in Australia where it’s not uncommon to have red and yellow bins grouped together. Red being for rubbish to landfill and yellow being for recycling. Our postboxes are also red and yellow…red for regular post, yellow for express. I don’t think it would take much distraction for me to post my postcards to landfill one day :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:.

19 Likes

It’s almost like it’s ripped out of the headlines from The Onion :rofl:

7 Likes

Perhaps it was.

1 Like

That reminds me of a story: Years ago, the bicyclist Lance Armstrong used to sell yellow plastic bracelets that said “Live Strong” on them. The problem was, you had to be very careful if you happened to have been a patient in an American hospital, because a yellow plastic bracelet on a patient’s arm typically meant “Do not resuscitate.”

http://www.filmfodder.com/film_junkies/archives/001362.shtml

11 Likes

Yikes! Noted!! :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

This might be inspired by the top post…

4 Likes

Or perhaps even stolen from the top post

it looks like a mister magoo’s thing :rofl:

5 Likes

I try not to laugh at Mr. Magoo; in another week or two, I’ll be just like him.

Thanks for making me laugh :joy: this morning

So I guess from now on, if a Postcrosser wonders why you haven’t registered his or her postcard, you should ask them: “Are you sure you didn’t mail it from the dog poo box?”

9 Likes

What a nightmare!!! :open_mouth:

2 Likes

Aww I feel sorry for him. Lots of older people don’t have access to the internet and do a lot of their banking and other important communication through snail mail.

5 Likes

:grin: :sweat_smile: :rofl: :joy:

Good to know the little difference! :dog2: :guide_dog: :service_dog: :poodle: :postbox:

I am intrigued by the fact there are dog poo bins! I have never seen one, only the stations where you can take a “poo bag” to clean up after the dog, but then you have to find a trash can for disposal.

2 Likes

@SharonMI At least they are quite a common thing here in Finland. This is one of the cutest I have seen: :dog:

7 Likes

Including me. I like to support the post office, and I don’t trust doing anything important, like bank transactions, over the internet.