Recipient with no name, my postal office doesn't accept it.

Thank you for your comment. I get that is regulary accepted to use words to refer some people. In this case it was tricky because there wasn’t any words, it was 2 consonants, the same 2, so no word that indicated what person (or company for that case) was addressed for, so that is way my postal office was making some trouble to sent it. But I used another branch office. Problem solved.

1 Like

USPS really doesn’t care about the name, just the address. We get mail for relatives who died 50 years ago and for my diabetic cat who died 14 years ago. (The cat was prescribed insulin, so now he gets ads for Medicare supplements.)

1 Like

I moved in almost 5 years ago. The name tag on the doorbell and the mailbox still says “Gruber”. The Grubers moved out like 10 years ago. I get mail addressed to me, to them and occasionally to other people who used to live here. I live in an apartment block with 20 flats, I’m not the only one with a wrong name on the mailbox.

Working in a office where we send a lot of mail to customer, we receive every week letter back from luxemburgish, french or belgian postal services with a " occupant unknown" or “no such mail box” stickers. Means when the name and address do not match what is written on your mail box, you will not get the mail. Even if the address is correct.