Recipient deleted image

Poor Soul… You get a Christmas card? So sorry…

7 Likes

That’s a bit strange, because it’s obvious who uploaded the card. Being concerned about copyright? Ok, then don’t upload anything, but no need to delete stuff…

3 Likes

The whole copyright issues being a grey zone still, I don’t know if a recipient isn’t responsible too. It’s their gallery, they allow it to be seen. A museum can’t (shouldn’t) show pictures neither they know of being stolen.

That said, I hope that galleries can be left untouched, and publishers/artists can see the value of our showings of their work.

1 Like

But what about homemade cards? If someone is worried about copyright, does he or she remove them, too?

It makes me sad when this happens and slightly messes with my OCD tendencies. I guess they just didn’t like the card I sent. I can understand in some instances why you might choose to do this. My daughter has on her profile not to send Volcano, Volcanic cards as she has an extreme phobia about these. If someone sent one she would not be able to keep the picture on her wall. It would cause her extreme distress.

3 Likes

I have same experience…
One recipient deleted the image I uploaded so therefore it doesn’t appear on my sent wall.
I upload all sent postcard image, but only one card was disappeared from my wall. When I noticed about this, I was shocked.

5 Likes

I once sent someone a home- made card and they first deleted my upload, then destroyed my card and uploaded what was left of my ripped apart- card… :flushed:
I didn’t have a card that I thought the person would like so I made the effort of making a nice collage about a local museum, that I thought would be of interest to that person (their profile picture showed something
very specific and what is being displayed in the museum). Nowhere on their profile did they specify that they hated hand made cards… obviously then I wouldn’t have send one…
They must have really hated it, because they ripped off my collage and then uploaded a photo of what was left (it was an ad card because why not recycle those? )
It left me totally bewildered. I mean how could a simple collage about a local museum made someone so angry??

23 Likes

How did you know that they ripped off your college? Did they tell you? It could be destroyed during delivery.

6 Likes

I know because my whole collage was ripped off and a photo of what was underneath was then being uploaded. A card can get damaged during delivery but it wouldn’t be possible to get rid of an entire A5 collage that was glued on…

1 Like

I received this 2 weeks ago. Everything’s gone. Only some glue left.

11 Likes

And have you uploaded it then? I think I wouldn’t, because it would make the person who sent it look really bad for something that isn’t their fault…

4 Likes

I prefer to receive mine with no photo because I like to put a photo of it after travel rather then before. I never delete photos though. I have pics of all my postcards up. However I don’t send it with a photo because I like to let people choose if they want their postcard on their wall. I don’t have a problem with people preuploading photos though.

This happened to me too with a World Postcard Day card. Before I sent the card I did notice that the recipient didn’t have any pictures of the cards they had received, but still I uploaded the picture of the card I sent, as I do with all my cards.

When they deleted it I was shook, I mean it’s not a great loss because I sent over 30 World Postcard Day cards, but still, it messed with my OCD and it hurts a bit to see one gap in my “sent” list :slightly_frowning_face:

8 Likes

What glue did you use? Some glue sticks seem to stick well, but once they are dried, you can snap the glued item apart. Same with some other glues. Especially when it’s glued over a postcard, that might have a glossy surface. I believe even a collage can very easily fall off, and maybe the receiver just thought you uploaded a wrong image.

8 Likes

I would, as I do that with all my cards. It’s interesting to see what the mail process does to cards as well.

3 Likes

I think to upload a pic of the postcard, as a sender is a courtesy.

However, once I’ve sent the postcard it belongs to the receiver and is up to this person to keep the pic, to take another one or to deleted for some reason.

I wouldn’t take it personal, anyway.

15 Likes

I don’t think it makes the sender look bad at all. Why would it? Most of us know that it’s sometimes question of luck, what happens to the card.

For example, I uploaded this card:

I have no idea what happened to it, in only eleven days. Looks like it was stuck? In the sorting machine? But it’s a sturdy, normal postcard, it’s nobody’s fault, just really bad luck.
Sometimes this kind of thing happens.
4 Likes

I upload the picture of the card as I receive but I don’t need to upload this one because it was from tag, not official.

I can still see your deleted message :slightly_smiling_face:
No need to blame the mailman. It could be the quality of the glue, the way you glue, temperatur, postal machine processing, or anything else during delivery. If my mailman were psycho, I would get many damage cards.
When I told the sender of my card about this, she said it could be because of the heat.

I always delete the image when the photo is really bad or when the image is different with the card I receive. Then I replace with the new photo I took with my mobile phone.

Out of 173 cards, I really dislike 1 card and I don’t want it in my wall. I deleted it and replaced it with blank image because I want to keep my wall complete.

4 Likes

I was also sad when mine was deleted. It was exactly what the person asked for on their profile, AND a forum member. I don’t get it.

8 Likes