Questions about the forum

Just took a look at the Education thread that you pointed out, but it seems to be used primarily for teachers who have classes that want postcards. So I don’t think newbies looking to be educated in the ways of the Forum are likely to go there and say, oh, that seems to be a resource for me. So where can a newcomer to Postcrossing get the skivvy on navigating the Forum?

Welcome to the Postcrossing Forum! As you’ve opened a topic in Education, I moved your first attempt with all the helpful answers to Help!.

Exactly the way it happened here. If they don’t find the place where to post their information and do it somewhere else, usually someone tells them where a better place might be. If then a post is being flagged as “something else” and you tell us in the flag where to move the contents to, someone from the moderating team will help and move the content there.

The forum grew a lot since it was installed. It’s difficult to find a way around as a newcomer. I like that usually everybody helps each other :slight_smile:

5 Likes

If there’s a post about this I can’t find it - where did all the “P” icon links to our main PC site profiles go on our Forum profiles?

It’s really drag if this is a permanent change. Having to search for someone’s profile using the search function on the main site takes a lot of time compared to just clicking on the “P” to take you there directly.

Here’s hoping it’s only a temporary glitch!

It’s here:

2 Likes

Hello! How can I look at main postcrosser’s profile from the nick on the forum?

Click their username, them the P, if you can see it. If not you can use the search on the main site, it’s under explore.

Thanks!

Hello!
How do I create an image slideshow in a post?

Hello, I have been exploring the forum and find it wonderful! There is one thing I haven’t worked out yet though and it’s the RR some threads begin with. Can anyone kindly explain what it means :smile:

RR is short for Round Robin.

There a different rules for some RRs but in the most cases you sent a card to each member of the RR group and receive a card from back from each member.

1 Like

Got it! Many thanks :slight_smile:

1 Like

@MaryYellan

I moved your question to this topic here,

And here is an RR-explanation :arrow_right: https://community.postcrossing.com/t/how-do-round-robins-work/21

1 Like

@Alb

Here is an explanation of another user :arrow_right: [TESTSTATION] Playground - Test all functions of the forum - #166 by Larch

2 Likes

Images upload
The line I’m seeing when I am contributing on the forum is as this:

Previously I was able to introduce the pictures in gallery format or in show format, and had the two symbols in the red circle in this image too

I’m using firefox as a browser, if that has a relevance.

Is the disappearance of these two icons from my list of options a bug, or is there a different reason?

@Mariannin

this is no bug.

You copied this picture from the post I linked above yours and there I wrote this:

Hi @Bille you’re right about the origin of my picture. I still seem to miss an icon as I cannot see the camera icon anymore which I used more frequently.

Ahhh, I understand.
You are missing the icon for the slide gallery. Sorry, I overlooked your picture.

Please look to this topic and read what Paulo wrote. Maybe it helps you.
If not, please post there about your problem.

Thanks so much for coming back. I’ll check Paulo’s post.

I have to admit i work in technology and there were a few things that baffled me too. One was how to get back to a thread. Hang in there it all becomes clearer by the day.

How do you delete the messages??