Prices of stamps for postcards in all countries/territories (wiki)

Updated Ireland

1 Like

How much is that in USD/GBP please?

You can ask that to google. :slight_smile:

1 Like

thanks

How much is the postage rate of Ukraine? And where or what websites can we buy stamps? Asking for a stamp collector friend from Germany.

Update for China:
Surface Air Lifted costs 4.5 RMB for international postcards
More information can be seen here:
国际函件资费表 - 中国邮政集团有限公司

2 Likes

Hi, I’ve just deleted this note under Spain :es:

Note: please keep in mind that Spain does not sell stamps with lower price to “add” up to the next rate and that rate “D” is not a real stamp rate. Therefore, to send a postcard to, USA (a “D country”) you will need a C stamp + a 0’30 cent stamp. The 0’30 cent stamp cannot be found in regular post offices, so the closes combination is either 3xA (= 2’10 €) or C+A (= 2,3€).

I’m writting this because there is a risk of this note appearing and dissappearing every now and again, as I cannot know who wrote it.

Yes, Spain does sell stamps with lower prices. Stamps are normaly sold in ESTANCOS, tobacco shops. They have the legal obligation of selling them, however, their earnings from stamp selling were stablished in the XIX, and that amount has NEVER been reviewed. That has made many Estancos stopped selling these small stamps, for they give them more work than money. If you find an Estanco that rejects selling “fractionary stamps” (stamps with lower value), fill a complaint form. I currently have a lot of 0’05 and 0’25€ stamps bought at an Estanco. And I finished not so long ago some beautiful butterflies boght there of 0’30€
Spain also sells these fractionary stamps at post offices. They print them for you in the moment. The amount you want for the value you want.
There is also the option of shopping them at correos official store ( Tienda Online de Correos: mucho más que cartas) where you can buy stamps of many different values (0’60, 1€…) Unfortunately, there the small “fractionary stamps” are not on sale. Check not only the option “envios”, but also the option “coleccionismo”, as is in this last one where more variety can be found.
Regarding “D stamps”, those of 1’90: as the note sais, no, they are not issued. However, in the abovementioned store, you can order 1’90 stamps ( Sello Bancos de Alimentos | Tienda online Correos)

1 Like

Thank you for updating the wiki for China — feel free to include that link next to the prices.

That seems relevant information to have, not only for Spanish postcrossers but also to other postcrossers who may use this as reference while visiting Spain and don’t know those details. Would be nice to somehow condense the important bits (eg: where to buy the €1.90 stamps and where to buy the fractional ones) and keep that info in the wiki itself.

The note you removed was added recently by @lhyz — perhaps you two can work together on a couple of sentences about that and add it to the wiki?

2 Likes

Hi, I’m sorry, I wrote that note.
I didn’t know Estancos had the obligation to offer fractionary stamps along with the normal values. At least in my region, Estancos only have A rates. There’s always a negative if you ask for European-B or Worldwide-C, I can’t even imagine for the fractionary ones, but it is something I will ask for next time. Thank you!

I did know that these fractionaries can’t be found online, that’s why I put it, just in case. And I am aware that currently the stamps of Banco de Alimentos have the exact value of a “D” stamp, but they’re not “D stamps” so I wanted to emphasize that in case they run out of production or the “D rate” changes (pretty common to expect an increase, seing last years tendency).

I agree with @paulo this extra information is important.
How about something like this:

“Note: stamps with rate “D” do not exist as a definitive type in Spain so, to send mail to a “D country” you will need a C stamp + a 0’30 cent stamp (or a nother suitable combination that adds up to 1,90€). Stamps with this lower value (“fractionary stamps”) can be found in Spanish ESTANCOS (tobacco shops) as well as in the post office, upon demand at the counter. At the moment, they can’t be bought online, unlike the normal definitives.”
(And we could also add: Currently, there’s a type of stamps featuring the Banco de Alimentos that has the exact value of a D stamp; 1’90€ and can be bought online).

1 Like

Hi, is it still the same rate now? I went to the post office today and they told me it is Rs.20+Rs.7 surcharge. So, Rs.27 total. I restarted postcrossing after many years, still confused about the postal price :frowning:

The rates are still the same. 27 rupees is the airmail envelope rate(<20gms) to North America and Australia. You could perhaps show the clerk this IndiaPost document where the airmail rate is shown as 12 rupees (scroll down to number 28).

1 Like

Ah, well :sweat_smile: Thanks, dude. Will remember this for next time :smiley:

Sorry for the delay in answering, beggining of school year always needs some extra time. Thanks for finding @Lhyz

I didn’t knew about that obligation either or the problem with the earnings until I spoke with the owner of the only Estanco in my village who sells them.
I completely like Lhyz’s new note with the additional note, where I’d just add the link to correos web store just to make it easier for the users and, regarding the fractionary stamps, I would say that they are on sale at some Estancos, because the complaining form thing might be useful for people living in Spain, but it’s not practical for foreign tourists. So, what about:

Note: stamps with rate “D” do not exist as a definitive type in Spain so, to send mail to a “D country” you will need a C stamp + a 0’30 cent stamp (or a nother suitable combination that adds up to 1,90€). Stamps with this lower value (“fractionary stamps”) can be found in some Spanish ESTANCOS (tobacco shops) as well as in the post offices, upon demand at the counter. At the moment, they can’t be bought online, unlike the normal definitives although currently there’s a type of stamps featuring the Banco de Alimentos that has the exact value of a D stamp; 1’90€ and can be bought online.

1 Like

I think there is another post in the forum with all the links on where to buy stamps from each country. But, because it is a special “clarification” note and the PC system actually hides the large link in nice key words, I’ll leave.

I like your modification to the notes, I think it makes more sense now and, you’re right, if a lower value stamp is not avaliable at some Estanco, I’ll be nearly impossible to fill a complaint as a tourist.
I’ll add it to the wiki like this and we’ll wait to see if the moderators have any extra advice to put.

2 Likes

Wiki is at maximum capacity, so I’m adding the note here and I will attach it to the wiki as a link:

:es: SPAIN STAMPS:

Note: stamps with rate “D” do not exist as a definitive type in Spain so, to send mail to a “D country” you will need a C stamp + a 0’30 cent stamp (or a nother suitable combination that adds up to 1,90€). Stamps with this lower value (“fractionary stamps”) can be found in some Spanish ESTANCOS (tobacco shops) as well as in the post offices, upon demand at the counter. At the moment, they can’t be bought online, unlike the normal definitives although currently there’s a type of stamps featuring the Banco de Alimentos that has the exact value of a D stamp; 1’90€ and can be bought online.

2 Likes

Thank you @Lyzx and @PatriciaOH — I’m sure this will be helpful information to other postcrossers!

Yes :sweat_smile:, that’s why I mentioned a couple of sentences as we are nearing the limits of the wiki, but I like your workaround! :+1:

3 Likes

Improvise. Adapt. Overcome. :point_up::sunglasses:

I didn’t even know wiki’s had a limit. :sweat_smile:
But, hey, worked.

2 Likes

Guys! Please, help me! Does anyone know how much does it cost to send a postcard from Serbia? :serbia:

According to Pošta Srbije postage price calculator, International postcard postage is 24.00 RSD. You can calculate postage here: Postage Price Calculator