Postcrossing Meeting Gdańsk 15.06.2024

:world_map: CITY/REGION: Gdańsk , Pomeranian Voivodeship
:round_pushpin: MEETUP PLACE: Europejskie Centrum Solidarności I European Solidarity Centre
:calendar: DATE: 15.06.2024
:alarm_clock: TIME: 11.00-15.00 11am - 3pm
:page_facing_up: MEETUP PLAN:
I invite you to Gdańsk, to the European Solidarity Center.
The meeting will take place in the Solidarność Codziennie ( Solidarity Daily) space, room 3.19 on the 3rd floor
We will have a kitchen with equipment and a room with tables and chairs at our disposal.
The reservation is made for a maximum of 30 people, so in case of great interest , accompanying persons, are asked to organize their own time and do not come to the meeting.
ECS is located close to the bus and train stations, has an underground parking lot and a few parking spaces in front of the building.
After the meeting, interested people can visit the permanent and possible temporary exhibitions.

Postcard added, there will be only one kind of it for the meeting. I ordedred 500 , price is 1 PLN per card, all orders should be made by private message, where i will send You mine account number.

Please make sure, that You will inform me in advance about Your presence, because i will not be able to secure You a spot.

5 Likes

Hello all,
I;m the one which is conducting and organizing this meeting. Due to some kind of glitch on the forum im not able to add any new topic here, so a friend from Polish postcrossing community added it. If You would like to sign up or get info please send a direct message to me.
hugs from Gdańsk.

4 Likes

I’ll sure try to come :slight_smile:

mee too.

I try to join, but I have to check with my holidays. End of June I will be at Wollin. Regards.
Beate from Hannover

It would be nice to meet you, but Wolin island is quite far rfrom Gdańsk - few hours drive by car, if by tran - there is no direct connection. Feel free to message me in case You will come.
best regards,
Joanna

Thank you for this message.
So it might be better , after my Wolin journey, to start again from Berlin by Train to Gdansk. Or is there a train connection from Szczecin to Gdansk?
I was in Gdansk last year by bicycle , riding with a group, and we startet at Kolobrzeg. Nice bicycle tour.
Best regards Beate

There are few direct trains from Szczecin to Gdańsk, just checked it, it is around 5 hours travel. There is also direct train from Berlin, but im not sure how long it will take - i suppose around 10 hours.
Closer to June, they may have some additional trains due to high season, so it would be worth to check…I think also Flixbus offers ride from Berlin to Gdańsk…but i would for sure prefer train…even if it would be more expensive.

best regards,
Joanna

I will try to attend :slight_smile:
From Warsaw easy tot ake train.

1 Like

Zapraszam:))))) czasem nawet pendolino ma dobrą cenę:)

Owszem, miło by wychaczyc bilet za 50zł :wink:

2 Likes

Hello, during that weekend I plan to be in Gdynia. So not far from Gdansk. So I would like to come. It will be the first time that I visit a meetup. Is there something I need to know?
Best wishes
Kerstin

1 Like

Hello,
Great , that You would like to visit our meeting. Usually during meet ups we talk a lot:))), sign/stamp a lot of postcards. Decorate our meet up notebooks. Exchange cards or other DYI items. Generally have fun :))) So if You would like to exchange or buy some cards simply bring it with You. This is not very formal meet up, rather gathering of friends:)
Hope to see You in June.
Joanna