How to send Personal Messages (PM's) to others on the forum?

Do you wonder how you can send a PM (Personal Message) to someone on the forum? There’s 2 - two - ways to do it. I’ll show you how to send a message both ways.

Way number 1 - This requires you to find a post by the member in the forum.

1. Click on their username.

2. Click on “:email: Message”

3. Write the message and remove the link if prefered (if the message you send isn’t related to the post for instance)

4. Edit the title of the message if needed.

5. Click on “:email: Message” and the message will be sent.

Way number 2

1. Click on your avatar in the top, right corner of the forum.
  2. Click on your username. (Clicking on the envelope icon twice, marked with blue is another option.)
  3. Click on “:email: Messages”
  4. Click on “:email: New Message”
  5. Start writing the username of the person you want to message.
  6. When you see the right username show up in the list, you can click that.
  7. Write a title of the message.
  8. Write a message
  9. Click “:email: Message” to send the message.
28 Likes

Hi! I know it is not about the PMs within the forum, but I would like to see the messages that I have sent to someone on the main postcrossing page, where can I see it?

Hello,

You can only see these messages in your personal - private email box.
If you indicate that you want to receive a copy of your message, you will receive a copy.

See below, this is a message written by me .

1 Like

Where is my personal mailbox located?

On the forum, go to your avatar (top, right corner). Then double click on the envelope.

On the official site, there isn’t any mailbox for your PM’s. The messages are only sent to your email.

Hello, I cannot see the ‘message’ option when I hover over someone’s avatar. Could you help me please?

Hello @Safeyre, welcome to the forum!
If you click on their user names, you see the “message” option.

Edit: Very new users cannot send PMs.
Please spend a little more time reading some posts in the forum.
You will then become a “basic” user and can to more things in the forum.
(See: Understanding Discourse Trust Levels)

1 Like

I have a doubt: just to be sure I’m not doing something wrong:

• if I reply to a private message, let’s say thanking someone for a card received, and once it’s sent I put that conversation in “archives” . The receiver will receive that message all the same, right?
    (I got a bit afraid that since I put it in “archives” they would not receive my answer anymore)

You are not doing anything wrong. I often put the conversation into my archives after sending a message and the receiver does receive it. (I know it because they acknowledge the message with a heart or they reply to it).

1 Like

Where can I view private messages sent in the forum that have not yet been answered?

If you click your avatar and then doubleclick the envelope, you’ll get to the list of your private messages.

The messages that are unread will have a different colour than the ones that have been read. You can click on “defer” to make it show up as unread again.

Or you can look at the number of replies to see if you’ve answered or not.

But there’s no symbol for “read-messages-I-haven’t-relied-to”.

1 Like

Thanks for the reply. This works. But in the past I could see (choose) the list of private messages sent by me and the list of received messages separately. Now I can only see the list of received messages, I can’t find the list of sent messages (to which no one has replied yet).
Sorry, my English is bad, I’m using a translator.

Look:

1 Like

Thanks, How do I get here? I can’t even find that. Sorry.

Double click on the envelope - see @Norway_girl’s post above (1st picture)

1 Like

Maybe the error is in my phone, because it doesn’t drag from the “latest” button to the “sent” button.

Try to tap/click on sent with your finger instead of just swiping.

2 Likes

No matter how I click, it doesn’t work on a notebook either.

Have you tried updating the browser on your phone and notebook? Logging out and in again? Uninstalling the browser and installing it again?

1 Like