Postcrossing gave me a Ukraine address

I am brand new to Postcrossing. One of my 5 addresses that was automatically issued to me was for Ukraine. I sent a postcard to them, and now realize the Ukraine isnt receiving USA mail? Is there some way to get another name and address to replace this one? Thanks!

2 Likes

I was given an address in Ukraine recently too, but the Postal Monitor doesn’t show Ukraine as a country the US cannot deliver to.

4 Likes

First, welcome to Postcrossing!!!
YES the USA DOES send mail to the Ukraine.
We do NOT send to RUSSIA or BELARUS.

So feel free to send some cheer to your new Ukranian Postcrossing friend!

8 Likes

The US & Canada are sending & receiving mail to the Ukraine - it often takes about 2 to 3 weeks. Send away!

5 Likes

I think this is what she was looking at. Ukraine is on this list by the USPS (listed as the source on the others), but it is not listed on the postal monitor. But if it’s okay, then that’s good.

1 Like

Why on earth would United Kingdom be on that list?

2 Likes

Yeah, that’s weird. I am certain that’s a mistake.

1 Like

If you click ‘view the suspensions’ it breaks it down into type of mail. Ukraine is not on the list for letter mail.

6 Likes

Postcrossing does a very good job keeping track of postal connections and suspensions between countries so if you get an address, send your card. You can always take a peek at the postal monitor as well.

Another USPS specific resource is the Retail Postage Price Calculator , which allows you to select countries you can mail to but gives a message “At this time, all mail services to (fill in country) are not available.” or “No Mail Services were found.” for countries that you cannot mail to. Ukraine and the UK are both available on the USPS postal calculator :slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes

Ok, that makes sense!

2 Likes

Don’t worry, I did a direct swap with a user from Ukraine, and my card arrived to them! It just took a bit longer than usual.

3 Likes

Both a postal strike and a russian cyber attack of the Royal Mail

2 Likes

Thanks to all for the great replies! So glad my card to Ukrane will arrive. Blessings, Caroline

4 Likes

The last postal strike was 24 December. The cyber attack was announced on 11 January. But the date there was 5 January. So the suspension can’t have been either of those things.

This is all it says regarding the UK.

1 Like

Thanks. That makes sense, and is true of many countries here in Europe. There’s just not enough workers, and those who are working, might be on intermittent strike.

@gardengirl333 Caroline, sorry to hijack your thread. I hope your postcard arrives safely and soon. Welcome to Postcrossing!

3 Likes

No problem Florallie- Have a great day!

1 Like

I close this topic now - the question is answered and the last posts are going off-topic.

For more information about Mail suspensions please look :arrow_right: :postcard: Mail Suspension Alerts and :arrow_right: Postal monitor