Postcrossing for School Project - 5th Grade Elementary

Dear Postcrossing community,

My name is Catherine Thomas and I will be subbing as a 5th Grade substitute 

teacher on a long-term assignment for another teacher until the of March 2022 here
in Chandler, Arizona. I’ve been a part of the Postcrossing community since 2019
and enjoy sending and receiving positive thoughts from everyone as well as learning
about people in general. To brighten someones day gives me such joy! The
Postcrossing community is full of amazing and beautiful people with big hearts.
I would like to ask for the generosity of the Postcrossing community,
(throughout world and the United States), to send as many post cards, (even if they are
multiples from the same country or state) to my class as soon as possible.
I will only be teaching this class until the end of March 2022. I want to open
up the world to these students. This is a Title One School (very low income).
These students do not have computers except for those which are used at school.
This will most likely be the only time these students will receive communication
from foreign countries outside of the United States.
​These are curious students who want to learn. I would like to show them
as much of the world through your eyes as I possibly can with the short amount
of time that I have. Your words will impress upon them the differences in our
cultures, but relate to them how similar we are in humanity. There is a beautiful,
“Wall of the World,” and students waiting for your postcards.

​Address:
​Catherine Thomas (Substitute Teacher)
​Pomeroy Elementary School
​1507 W. Shawnee Dr.
​Chandler, AZ 85224
​United States of America

​Thank you to everyone who responds to this request.  If you are a teacher 

and would like my entire class of 30 students to exchange postcards with your
class, please let me know.

​Sincerely,
​Catherine Thomas

12 Likes

This is so cool! Any particular types of cards or messages you are looking for?

1 Like

Hello,
Any card would be greatly appreciated. A positive message to inspire the students. Thank you for asking. Have a great day!
Sincerely,
Catherine Thomas

1 Like

Hi Catherine! What a gift you are giving your students and the community. I will send postcards from New Mexico, your next door neighbor!

1 Like

Wonderful! Thank you so kindly. Have a wonderful day!

I can send one from Tokyo

1 Like

This is kind of you. Thank you. Have a nice day!

1 Like

I will send a postcard from Montana. Do the cards need to be posted from country of origin? I have international cards I could send.

Also, can you look at the formatting of your message? On my phone it appears to be running off the page and is difficult to read. The responses are formatted correctly.

1 Like

Hello, I tried to figure out the formatting and I was unable to fix it. There is an arrow on the bottom that has to be used for scrolling. I’m still trying to edit, but still can’t get the configuration to change up the formatting. I will continue trying. As for the country of origin, it does not matter. The kids will enjoy it greatly. Thank you for asking. Have a great day!

1 Like

Hi Catherine, I’ll send a card from Belgium and write something about my country. I hope your students will get lots of postcards! Bilitis

1 Like

I’m sending one from Australia, but the post is very slow here so I’m sorry if it doesn’t arrive in time!

1 Like

Hi Catherine, on my laptop the formatting is fine, so don’t worry about it. I am probably the only person who had a problem with it. My cat, Gulliver and his nephew, Sir Gulliver the Dorito will be sending your class some cards as well. They get to travel more than I do!

1 Like

sure I will send one.

1 Like

I love it! Thank you Sir Gulliver and Dorito. You will make my students very happy.

Thank you Bilitis! I know my students are going to be just thrilled. Have a great day.

1 Like

I’ll send one from Japan. I have already written it!

1 Like

Thank you MissMelbourne for thinking of us. I will make sure the students get your postcard, even if I’m not longer at their school. The teacher I’m subbing for will be more than happy to show any incoming cards to her students, even when I’m gone. Have a great day.

2 Likes

Thank you Superchick3. Have a great day!

Awesome Makibo. Looking forward to sharing it with my students. Have a great day!

1 Like

Greetings Catherine, I’ll send one from Indonesia. It’s very nice of you to introduce your students to postcrossing. I wish our teachers here would do the same, but maybe it’s not in our curriculum anymore

Hope it’ll arrive soon!

2 Likes