Postcrossing coincidences: What are the odds?

I have a group that trades postcards on Instagram. Turns out three of us have exchanged postcards on postcrossing at different times in the last few years. I found one persons postcard in that group, among my favorites. Ha! Crazy!

2 Likes

Hi.

Same with me from Finland. Arrived on the same day, sequence numbers. But not from the same family.

1 Like

It’s not an out of the box coincidence, but it amused me: yesterday I received some cards from The Netherlands. As I registered each one I noticed the sequence: the first showed all the lighthouses in the country, the second showed one of those previous lighthouses in Friesland (a province in the Netherlands) and the third was a multi-view from Friesland. :smile:

14 Likes

I got these two cards, today and yesterday!

One took twice as long to arrive as the other, somehow.

14 Likes

So what do they show? A GB World Heritage Site?

I have received three postcards from Czechia :czech_republic: today! CZ-1743116 and CZ-1743117 (consecutive numbers) were sent 26 days ago from two different places. :smiley: The third, CZ-1743689, also took more or less the same time to be arrive. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Yes, the Roman Baths in Bath.

The biggest coincidence that has happened to me is that I had a card in my favorites from a person, which I didn’t have yet, that same person then got my address apparently, saw that card in my favorites and sent it to me :slight_smile:

16 Likes

My travelling cards have been stuck for a while. The latest was registered on the 4th Nov. Now suddenly in 24 hours five of my cards were registered! All of them were sent in different days to different countries. Funny! :smile:

8 Likes

Mine are all stuck, too! :weary: Eleven cards, all out there languishing in postal limbo, longing to arrive…

…I can only hope I receive an avalanche of Hurray! messages like you! :crossed_fingers:

7 Likes

In total I have 20 cards traveling. 11 are expired, some of them for a long time. 9 cards are between 26 and 52 days. For the moment it seems they won’t arrive soon :frowning:

2 Likes

Don’t mind me, I am just smiling and hearting the cool coincidences (dare I say fate?)
These are so cool!

It was years ago on my previous account (which I closed before) but my biggest coincidence is getting two postcards in one day both with foxes on them.
Nowhere on my profile did it say I specifically liked foxes, they were even drawn similarly, crouched looking to the left.

7 Likes

I recently received postcards from Taiwan on two occasions with consecutive ID numbers. (Must be in a different Forum topic.) Today I received DE-9832132 and DE-9832133, among others.

1 Like

Once I got two postcards in one day, from different countries and written by different people. In one postcard a person wrote what a nice day it was for a bike ride. In another postcard someone wrote about a car accident happened to her when she was riding a bike years ago. She lost her health then.

8 Likes

For World Postcard Day, there was this question from the moderators who’d send a special card. I replied that I had 500 cards printed for my students to write for refugees in Greece. Now, I had a Canadian lady who asked me if I was willing to send her a card too, even though she knew I was not open for direct swaps. She would send me a self-made card. I agreed and sent her a card. A few weeks later, I received a new address to write to and guess whose it was… That same lady’s!!! So, she got 2 cards from me within one month. I thought that was quite a coincidence!

14 Likes

Last Friday I drew the adress of a postcrossing-friend in DE - that alone’s cool as Germany is home to many postcrossers, as we all know. Even better, it was the adress of a regular and dear guest of our local quarterly meet_up. So I could send her this card

which features her own hand signing a card :wink: :heart_eyes: :wink:

(Sadly, ‘thanks’ to Covid-cussword, the card missed her signature b/c of travel restrictions; that would have been the mega-jackpot, maybe)

Edit: how do I make this link-in-box-thing where you can see the picture-preview too?
Edit2: thank you, mikebond, for the explanation; now I have to find some filler words to optimize the layout :crazy_face:

8 Likes

Great meeting card! :heart_eyes:

And I won’t be able to attend your Innsbruck meeting in December, either. So sad…

You must paste it on a separate line with no spaces or other signs.
This:
http://www.postcrossing.com/postcards/AT-517699
gives this:

2 Likes

One year and one day after my registration, I received a postcard from another member that was her very first postcard sent :blush:

10 Likes

My coolest/weirdest coincidence was getting two postcards from Germany that were only one number off. Basically a German member got my address and then the very next German member to request an address also got me!

3 Likes

It’s happened again! Two postcards received from the US today with consecutive numbers, US-7161094 and US-7161095.

2 Likes