Postcrossing as a project for the young man im a caregiver for

Hi,
I wanted to share with the forum the project we do with the postcards we receive. I am a caregiver for a 20 year old man with cerebral palsy and we needed an age appropriate fine motor activity for him. Postcrossing gave us the answer.
We take each postcard we receive and research the place, person, landmark, its from, we make the recipe if their is one, learned to write our names in korean, learned to make stickers. We take each card and turn it into a scrapbook page. He has to cut and glue each piece. If we are researching a town we make a famous recipe from that town or visit a restaurant with that country’s traditional food. We have had so much fun with it. I included a picture of a few of the

ones we have done!

104 Likes

What a good way to go deeper with postcards & Postcrossings! Thanks for sharing.

5 Likes

I‘m glad he likes this hobby! What a nice idea to make such a project out of every postcard. :blush:

1 Like

Thanks a lot for sharing, what a great way to make the most of the recieved cards! :smiley:

I’d love to send a card to your friend if you want to share the address via PM. :wink:

1 Like

Wow. Beautiful. :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes:

1 Like

What a marvellous project! :heart_eyes: I hope one day to see this at the postcrossing blog! What a great example of activities to do and learn with Postcrossing!
I’ll gladly send a card from Italy if you’d like to, just send me the address by pm
Congrats on the awesome job :heart::clap::clap::clap:

4 Likes

That’s an awesome project, thank you so much for sharing! Those scrapbook pages look awesome! I’ll gladly send a card from Germany if you want, just PM me :slight_smile:

What a cool project! If you need someone to send a postcard to you, just pm me :slight_smile:

What a great way to extend this hobby, and fun as well! If he’d like a card from the USA, just pm the address to me.

This is absolutely wonderful :slight_smile: I hope to draw his address for an official card one day! But like others, I’m also happy to send one anyway :slight_smile:

Great idea!
If he like a card from Holland I will sent a card.
Let me know by PM.
Greetz

Hello.
I can send you a card from France. In French or in english, with recips or something else. You can send me a message.

1 Like

Hi,
I would really like to send a postcard. It seems a very cool project!

This touches my heart. Such a brilliant activity & so great to see the deeper meaning behind post crossing.

1 Like

How wonderful and creative! Bless your heart and your friend!! I am happy to send a postcard to your friend, please message me the details and address. Keep up the amazing work!

I love seeing the unexpected ways Postcrossing can help people in all sorts of different situations, whether social or medical. The hobby can bring so much to all of us. Thank you for sharing this.
Like others, I’d be more than happy to send a card from Sweden. Just let me know in a PM if you would like me to.

1 Like

This is awesome. What a wonderful way to enjoy this “hobby” and learn and use motor skills. Along with others, I too would be honored to send a postcard. Send me a message if you would like one from South Dakota USA. You truly are an incredible person and this your man is very blessed to have you as his caregiver!

I join the choir in singing your praises and thanking you for the difference you make! As a speech-language pathologist, I applaud your efforts because there is also so much language and cognition that goes into each of these postcard pages. You are building his world knowledge so beautifully. I would love to contribute to your work with a postcard from New Mexico. Please PM me.

Dear Jaime, what a wonderful idea😍 and project.
I also would LOVE to send a postcard to you if you could send me your address.:heart::love_letter:

What an inspirative story! Wish you all the best…

And I am IN this project, if you would like to get postcard from Bosnia and Herzegovina :bosnia_herzegovina: