Postcrossing and Christmas postcards on show at Genoa central mail office

In the past year the employees of the philatelic office at Genoa central mail office have become a key figure in our postcrossing meetups, since after each of them we arrive at the office with some hundred postcards to be sent.
And last September they suggested Stefano (@stefbot75 ) and me to organize a small exhibition of postcards featuring ships and lighthouses, and use some of the boards of the exhibition to display meetup postcards and explain how Postcrossing works.

The exhibition was a success, so they asked us to organize a new one, this time featuring Christmas and winter holiday postcards! This year Genoa has been selected as European capital of Christmas, together with the city of San Sebastian in Spain, and we could not let this opportunity slip away! :smiley:

The exhibition is going to be inaugurated on December 17th, in occasion of Genoa next postcrossing meetup, and we are also going to have a special postmark to commemorate it and the meetup!

If you are going to visit Genoa in the next weeks, maybe you can pay it a visit :slight_smile:
Together with Christmas and winter postcards, and several Postcrossing meetup cards, you will also have the opportunity to see a lot of beautiful Christmas themed stamps from the private collection of Marco (@spidermoro )

Here you can see some pictures of the exhibition, and also the special postmark :smiley:

Special thanks to @stefbot75 and @spidermoro for the postcards and stamps, to @carlafed for her help with the set up, and to the many people who sent me Christmas postcards during the past weeks: maybe you will recognize some of them in the pictures :smiley:

@RosieLavender , @Buchstabensalat , @Boeboe , @dlagerwaard , @Jobineke @JoannaOr @missmelbourne @toadallycool @orihalcon @juliadreams @castrofeercl

Screenshot 2022-12-07 at 14-43-49 #gliannullichevorrei - Esplora(1)

37 Likes

@Maxe3000 @Kamila_Dawid @Nivalis @jelenne @baidalena @Soja-P @OlgaVolga

2 Likes

This is awesome! Do you have a link where we can view it? I want to see if I can find my card :heart:

1 Like

@toadallycool I fear I only have the pictures I already posted here

Wow greetings from chile :heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

1 Like

Congratulations for this exhibition! And the special postmark is great! See you in Genoa on the second day of this Christmas meetup! :wink:

3 Likes

and i am proud to say that some people who visited the previous exhibition joined postcrossing :warning: two of them will participate to the christimas meetup :smile:

2 Likes

It’s so amazing! I’m very happy to meet you in Genoa on December 17th for the Postcrossing meetup and the opening of the exhibition. See you soon! :smiley:

2 Likes

Congratulations with the great exhibition.
I saw my card, how nice.
Unfortunately too far for me to go there.
:christmas_tree:

1 Like

Hi,
I collect stamps and cards since when I was 6 years old, as my parents and my sister.
When I was buying some stamps for my collection in the Genoa central mail office I discovered the Postcrossing panel and I met @stefbot75 : he explained me the fantastic Postcrossing world and I subscribe in the site, when I found a lot of nice people that collect as my stamps and cards.
This permits me to meet new friends and to open the mind to a world dimension: the world runs fast, but the Postcrossing teachs us to have patience and to relearn to have a slow time, a time to wait without stress. Thanks a lot!

2 Likes

What a beautiful exhibition. It must be wonderful and so interesting to see Christmas cards from all over the world in such a lovely collection. :christmas_tree: :star2: :mx_claus: :snowman_with_snow:

1 Like