Postcrosser's personality

I don’t know if it’s the case for you too, but when I discovered Postcrossing, I found this project so incredible that I was super excited and wanted to tell everyone around me about it. In my mind, it was obvious that my friends, my family, would also be fascinated by this site and would get involved…
And yet, I realized that it was not really completely the case; however, when I am on the forum, I find this enthusiasm, this curiosity about the world, this joy of exchanging words that have traveled thousands of kilometers to reach our hands…

So I thought to myself; is it the others who lack poetry, or do I have a really different personality type that makes me so addicted to Postcrossing? And if so, do other postcrossers share it?

I know, delineating a personality is relatively subjective. But maybe you heard about https://www.16personalities.com/ , the results are really interesting (in my opinion). I had done the test four years ago, I did it again and I got pretty much the same thing (i.e. the “assertive advocate” personality)

So if you have already tried the test, I would be curious to know your personality :slight_smile:
And if not, feel free to say if you think postcrossers have a similar personality or not :blush:

Edit: as underlined by @Kanerva (Kiitos paljon!), a poll had already been created about this in the past. Feel free to participate :smile:

30 Likes

I’m infj (assertive advocate) as well :sweat_smile: And I’ve myself found people in my real life to not always be excited like me about Postcrossing, not necessarily in a mean way but really like it was something they didn’t find fascinating like I do! I will elaborate a better answer tomorrow morning tho :joy:

5 Likes

My personality is Advocate.

Advocates (INFJs) may be the rarest personality type of all, but they certainly leave their mark on the world. Idealistic and principled, they aren’t content to coast through life – they want to stand up and make a difference. For Advocate personalities, success doesn’t come from money or status but from seeking fulfillment, helping others, and being a force for good in the world.

Perhaps because their personality type is so uncommon, Advocates tend to carry around a sense – whether conscious or not – of being different from most people.

Nothing lights up Advocates like changing someone else’s life for the better. Many Advocates see helping others as their mission in life, and they’re always looking for ways to step in and speak up for what is right. People with this personality type aren’t happy to succeed at another person’s expense. Advocates want to use their strengths for the greater good, and they rarely lose sight of how their words and actions might affect others. In their heart of hearts, they want to make the world a better place, starting with the people around them.

These personalities just need to remember that while they’re busy taking care of everyone else, they need to pause sometimes and take care of themselves as well.

Wow, this is so me! :heart: I absolutely love being ‘different’, just like any other person I am myself. Thank you for this topic, I really like it!

9 Likes

I did this test too several years ago and last year. Both times I got INTP - Logician.
I can’t identify with it 100%. But I imagine that a majority of Postcrossers is I - introverted. I think the hobby is a good fit for introverts. You can do it at your own pace and you can stop for a while before it gets exhausting.

13 Likes

INFP here :raised_back_of_hand:t4:

4 Likes

There was a similar thread like this in the old forum.

I can’t recall the sample size, but I do remember that majority of the forum postcrossers are INFPs.

3 Likes

Introverts are definitely leading in the poll of this thread:

https://community.postcrossing.com/t/what-is-your-mbti-myers-briggs-personality-type/70919

According to the test I am an Advocate, too.

6 Likes

INFP-A Mediator here, slightly more assertive than turbulent. Seems fitting.

2 Likes

INFJ-T for me. Seems like many Advocates in this small sample.

5 Likes

I’m INTJ.

2 Likes

INFJ is rare, yet there are many of us here :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

4 Likes

A very interesting psychological portal, thank you for sharing the link. I passed the test and I am also a Defender. I was interested in learning so many details about my personality type. Thank you for this topic, I hope you can collect good statistics on the personality type of postcrossers to confirm or refute the theory that we are all Defenders :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I’m ISFJ-T :blush:

4 Likes

I’m ISFP-T (Adventurer).
Wow, I would never have thought of myself that way. :thinking:

3 Likes

It’s nice to see some INFJ people here! I’m also one of you :smile:

4 Likes

INTP here! so far, the only common trait we all have is being an introvert.

4 Likes

My result: Logistician…and it fits !!!

1 Like

I’m ISTJ, Logistician. Fits me perfectly. It seems that almost all Postcrossers are introverts.

6 Likes

I’m an Advocate, INFJ-T😊

4 Likes

Mediator (INFP-T) here, a little more turbulent than assertive… quite fitting :blush:

2 Likes