Postcards with Maps

I have found a few postcards that have fun maps. See picture. These are more than pictures of one particular place. This one I have sent to some teachers to help their students to understand where my home ground is relative to the bigger picture. I have another, not pictured, that is a more artistic rendering of a global map. Wondering what other kind of Map Postcards postcrossers have sent?

12 Likes

I have sent a language map of India

I have got this food map, which I will send soon.

5 Likes

I’ve sent these illustrated maps of the Netherlands and Amsterdam:

3 Likes

I designed this map of funny names in my state of Pennsylvania and send copies of it to Postcrossers some times Postcard US-9534344

4 Likes

This is my favorite of all my sent map cards.
Map of national parks in Indonesia. :smiley:

Some other map cards I have sent :

Bandung City, where I live

Jakarta

Bali

Indonesia

3 Likes

Some of my sent map cards:

2 Likes

I have this one travelling, it’s a map drawing from 1990 of my homeland, the region and island of Sardinia in Italy

6 Likes

I have sent only this map postcard:

I’ve seen this one for Australia, to be honest I might pick some up next time I run out of tourist cards as I like the design:

10 Likes

I send this one a couple times

A mí me gustan mucho los mapas porque me ayuda a conocer otros lugares y situarlos en en la bola del mundo :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:, así que yo también envío mapas.
Algunos de los que he enviado son estos: // I really like maps because it helps me get to know other places and place them in the ball of the world :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:, so I also send maps.
Some of the ones I have sent are these:

Este mapa muestra los Caminos De Santiago en España. // This map shows the Caminos De Santiago in Spain.

Estos muestran el mapa de España con cosas características de cada Comunidad Autónoma. // These show the map of Spain with characteristic features of each Autonomous Community.

Y este el mapa de mi Comunidad Autónoma, Murcia. Donde también dibujan cosas características (comida, lugares…)
Espero que os gusten. // And this is the map of my Autonomous Community, Murcia. Where they also draw characteristic things (food, places…)
I hope you like them.

9 Likes

I send this one out quite often:

4 Likes

I’ve sent this design a few times, but mailed it to many friends even before.

1 Like

Sent in travel mode,sorry for the bad pic

1 Like

Some of my sent map cards (taking into account the recipient’s preferences, where feasible):

4 Likes

I love maps too! These are the ones I have now to send

Italy: old map, shaped, illustrated and world explorer series by Postcardsmarket

Top and bottom left: Elba island
Top right: Europe by Postallove
Bottom right: map drawn by Leonardo da Vinci

Top L Venice
Bottom L: region Salento
Top and bottom R: Adriatic sea with the names (and some pics) of towns

Vertical Garda Lake

Horizontal Garda Lake

13 Likes

Currently on holiday in France and found a couple

3 Likes

I’ve sent one and have another to go of wooden postcards with small sections of OS maps (ordinance survey) of sections of Scotland

https://www.postcrossing.com/postcards/GB-1649579

1 Like

I‘m not sure this counts as map but I really like this one -especially if I can send it out with flower stamps

or this one

This is more of a classical map card. It shows the area I live in.

4 Likes

Yesterday I was very lucky. I received this postcard with the map of Indonesia. It made me very excited! Thanks to @ryokeiama

5 Likes