Postcards from and to own country?

I used to have that option active when I was in Portugal but then deactivated when I came to Finland because, well, the less I would send to Finland the more I would send to places I haven’t send before.
However, I miss Finnish postcards, plus I’ve fell in love with the stamps here and would love to have postcards with it and soon I’ll be able to have Finnish classes so it would be nice to actually put the knowledge to practice and get better at it. I think I’ll put it on again. :slightly_smiling_face:

I would love to receive postcards from Finland and I had the option active for years. However, due to my current job I don’t want to give my address to strangers who live in Finland.

I turn it on and off. Currently, it’s turned on and them in 60ish days, I’ll deactivate it so I can receive non-German cards.

I activated Germany from the start. First, Germany has a lot of nice cards. Second, I think it’s very good that you have cards that arrive faster and thirdly, it’s great to write in your own mother tongue.

1 Like

I have it deactivated because I didnt want to recieve so many cards from Germany, my own country. I only turned it on for my daughter’s account for the December charity event and then deactivated it again after 60 days.

Since then I’ve learned by participating in various RRs, swaps and tags here in the forum, that there are many many beautiful German cards. So I’ll definitely turn the feature on for my account as well this December. But 60 days per year of receiving official cards from Germany might be enough for me. We’ll see.

1 Like

I did chose to send cards to my own country, the united states is so large and diverse I thought it would be fun.

1 Like

I tend to switch. Germany has so many active postcrossers, sometimes I just want to mix it up a little bit.

1 Like

I have it active at the moment, but I’m considering changing it, at least for 60 days. More than 1/3 of my received cards have come from the US. That’s more than the total number of other countries I’ve received from, and more than the total number of different countries I’ve sent to. I’d like a little more diversity than that.

1 Like

The option is enabled.
I like my country’s cards :blush:
It’s also a good chance to discover something you don’t know about your country.

I would love to receive offical card from my own country, it would be funny, but I think the possibility for that is less then 0,1 % :slight_smile:

No. Not necessary. :joy:

Yes, I love to send and receive cards from my own country (Finland). It is not so common and I’m always happy when it happens. Especially when it is someone I know.

I only received one from my own country since i started (April). But yes, i liked it :slight_smile: hope i send and received more soon :smiley:

I have it open to GB cards because I don’t consider England, Scotland or Wales as ‘my country’ :joy: They’re all different with different landmarks that I would maybe never see.

3 Likes

I guess this is what I’ll be doing very soon.

Don’t get me wrong, I know cards take their time and stuff.

I joined this site a few months ago but I’m kinda disappointed. One of the first cards I sent, expired and the recepient is and was barely online here.

Now I’ve sent 4 cards to people who received and registered their last cards in 2019, have way more sent cards than received (sent 145, received 110) were shown offline for several days when I sent the card and are still offline for days/weeks. My hopes for my cards to get registered are honestly very low.

So, yes, receiving cards from my own country seems like a super good option, as I know the deutsche Post is relieable! Also travelling times will be muuuuch shorter and would help me get my limit of sending cards up.

I have activated this function.

Canada is 15th in the ranking of postcards sent - that’s relatively high, but our numbers are not as high as countries like Germany or Russia. So I don’t tend to get a lot of cards to Canada anyways.

It was very similar when I was living in France (in 14th place). I think I only ever sent 1 to France officially.

I like getting postcards from anywhere, even if it’s in my own country, but I think I would deactivate it if the number of Canadian cards started to outweigh the cards from elsewhere.

It helps that domestic mail fees are much cheaper than international ones…

I have it deactivated, purely because NZ is a small country and I worry about people having my address. :rofl: I know probably a little weird. Lol

1 Like

Absolutely not weird! Your sense of safety is important and that’s why we have that option after all. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I have this activated but I’ve never received a card from my own country. I guess there is more demand from my country and they prefer to send it elsewhere.

The same here in Puerto Rico.