Philadelphia Pen Show Meetup January 15, 2022

Didn’t attend the pen show, but did attend the meet up! (Still using the beginner pen I received, thank you!)

Would love to meet up again in 2023!

2 Likes

Can we swap

I didnt attend a Pelikan Hub, but those look so fun! I will look forward to it this upcoming year.
Do let me know if a meetup is planned for the pen show! I think there’s also a meetup occurring in North Jersey that same weekend.

1 Like

Wow I am sorry I saw this so late! I am about 2 hours north of Philly and just joined Postcrossing and building my collections of postcards. I am just getting over Covid but will continue to watch these meetups to join.

I have a lovely Dryden cartridge fountain pen that is a favorite. I have tried using on the postcards - not happy with results on all surfaces.

I do have TONS of stickers from being a marketing product manager in a sticker company. Next meetup close by I will come and bring lots of fun stuff to swap and share. if anyone would like stickers - please let me know themes/categories you like and I can share samples. Of course these would require sending in notecards with envelopes.

Looking forward to a long fun new hobby of postcarding! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

@ayellowdaffodil If you’d like me to bring you a spare Pelikan magazine, PM me with your contact info in the next few days and I’ll bring one to the Philly pen show. I got the trader pass so I’ll be around most of Thurs-Sat.

@Cerimoon Welcome to Postcrossing! I’ve had better luck using Japanese fine nibs (compared to say, German nibs) on postcards. To be sure, I leave it overnight to dry before rubbing (candle) wax over to preserve for mailing.

@redpanda @ayellowdaffodil I didn’t have a lot of time to plan an official meetup, so no meetup card. But maybe we want to take a break on Friday or Saturday and do a short meet & greet in the lobby area, maybe swap some postcards? I’ll likely be at the pen show all of Friday and most of Saturday. (Sheraton Philadelphia Downtown 201 North 17th Street Philadelphia, PA 19103 - I triple checked this time :sweat_smile:)

2 Likes

I wont be around on Saturday as there is another meet up in North Jersey that day! But if others are meeting up in Philly on Friday or Sunday, keep me posted!

2 Likes

@ayellowdaffodil @paperglo

Friday works for me! More the merrier!

2 Likes

@ayellowdaffodil @redpanda I’ll be around all of Friday - what time works best for you both?

2 Likes

I’ll be free after 12pm/noon, and very flexible!! I guess it depends on when you two are done with the Pen Show that day.

P.S. Local Staples is able to print postcards by Friday. I will design and make simple meetup cards (bring your stamps to sign them!) :slight_smile:

2 Likes

You are awesome for doing this on such short notice; thank you! Let us know how much, and I’ll definitely buy some off of you.

Should we set a time and place? The show is at the Sheraton Downtown at 201 North 17th street; and it finishes at 5pm. The lobby has a few table, as well as a restaurant and bar.

I’m open to meeting anywhere, but I don’t know Philly that well. I’m even open to meeting to get coffee, snacks, or food as well. I usually only ever eat at the same two restaurants when I’m in town :laughing:

1 Like

Sure thing! I hope they come out okay!!! I’ll let you know re: price for each (I think 50c each).

We can meet at the hotel bar like we did last year! I think that worked out really well with food and drinks :slight_smile: I’ll make sure to be at the 17th st Sheraton :laughing:

but if you want snacks, there are fantastic dessert places in Chinatown with sitting areas!

2 Likes

@redpanda @paperglo i’m free at anytime! I’ve never gone to the Philly pen show, so i might look around a little and try not to buy every ink I see lol.
we can meet at the hotel bar or a restaurant/cafe if you guys want something different. I used to live in Philly, plus @redpanda is living there now so I’m sure we can find something if need be.
yay for cards!! should we make a meetup event for others to see(even though it’s totally short notice) ?

1 Like

I keep forgetting that this is last year’s post :rofl:

Yea, we could make a new post and see if anyone is interested!

2 Likes

@redpanda Oh, don’t give me options haha we can meet at the Sheraton lobby at 5, and if we want dessert after we can head over (sorry, you’ve got me thinking about Prince Tea House :drooling_face:).

Just to be safe :sweat_smile: I checked the pen show website for the fifth time and copy/pasted this:
Sheraton Philadelphia Downtown Hotel
201 North 17th Street – Philadelphia

1 Like

@paperglo that time works for me! see you guys soon!! :smiley:
also am i allowed to just make a meetup out of nowhere or do i need approval? i’ve never done this before

1 Like

Yes! No approval - just make sure to add the time and place and you can click, + add event. I’ll PM you in a minute.

1 Like

NEW MEETUP FOR 2023 PHILLY PEN SHOW

1 Like