:world_map: CITY/REGION: Philadelphia, PA
:pushpin: MEETUP PLACE:

Lounge/Restaurant/Bar area
Marriott Downtown Philadelphia
1200 Filbert St, Philadelphia, PA 19107

:calendar: DATE: Saturday January 15, 2022
:alarm_clock: TIME: 5:30 - 6:30 PM ET

:page_facing_up: MEETUP PLAN:

The 2022 Philadelphia Pen Show itself is a ticketed event ($15 cash at the door, less if you order in advance online). You are not obligated to attend the show to come to this meetup. The show is a fantastic place to look at and even test fountain pens and other writing tools and accessories. You can do a web search for ‘Philly Pen show’ and see their website or social media accounts for info. It’s a lot of fun.

This meetup is free to attend. We will meet up, sign cards, and I can answer any questions about fountain pens that I can. You can find me by looking for the table with postcards and washi tape.
Feel free to bring your writing tools of choice, postcards for swapping, decorative stamps, etc. This is the perfect chance to swap those cards you haven’t found a good recipient for!

There will be a meetup card; if anyone is interested in a group buy/print, please DM me for paypal info no later than Dec 31st. I’ll have a limited number printed and they will cost $0.50 each.

Food and beverages can be purchased at the venue.

Please reply or DM me if you’re expecting to come, so I can get a general head count. :slightly_smiling_face:

8 Likes

As a side note, please check local covid guidelines. I’ll try to keep them updated here.

Currently, Philadelphia is planning to put into effect a vaccination mandate on Jan 3, 2022 for all indoor establishments that serve food. I assume that since the hotel does sell food and beverages, this would be included.

Thank you!

I’m excited to be part of this! Thanks for organizing. I’ll DM you about purchasing / paying for cards.

1 Like

I will be there. I live in Virginia, but I will be in Philadelphia during that time. I will send a personal message to purchase meet-up cards.

1 Like

Not sure if I will be able to attend but would love to buy some of those really nice cards you pulled together! Will DM you.

1 Like

Hi! I’ve added it to my calendar and hope to attend. I’ll DM you by the 31st if my plans firm up a bit.

1 Like

hello, can we swap? :smile:
this is my offer, signed by partecipant

1 Like

Hello all, and Happy New Year! :partying_face: I hope everyone had a safe and enjoyable holiday. I’m really looking forward to this meetup. I’ll be bringing my pens, decorative tape and stamps, and some postcards to give away or swap.

Covid info

We are less than 2 weeks away from the event and I’ve been trying to keep an eye on local mandates. The latest information I’ve found is here: Hotel guidance | Programs and initiatives | City of Philadelphia

To my understanding, any establishment that serves food and beverage is required to check for vaccination status, so please be prepared as I am not sure how the Sheraton will operate on the day of. I know for certain that masks will be required.

Meetup Card

Thank you to anyone who reached out in advance to pre-order cards. Your RSVP’s made the cards happen! :smiley:

For anyone still interested, I will have a limited amount of extra cards available at the event for $0.50 per card to cover part of the printing costs. These will be first come, first serve. If you’d like to secure cards, please DM me in advance.

Postcard swap

This is a fantastic opportunity to swap or give away any postcards that you haven’t been able to find the right recipient for! Bring your stash, you never know who might love those cards you’ve been keeping at the bottom of your drawer :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Please send me a copy of your images and I will print some cards. I need over 100 so I will just print them myself. I will share any extras with other attendees. I sent you my email over personal message.

Hi! I’m sorry, I worked really hard on these files and am not comfortable sending my originals out. I am happy to make another order for you if you’d like, at cost, as I’m not making any profit on these. I print using VistaPrint and they have fairly quick turnover, and their expedite rates are pretty fair.

I had asked for pre-orders to try to drive down the total cost of printing for everyone. You can take a look at the VistaPrint website for their rates on 4x6" premium, glossy, 2 sided color postcards. For the order, I paid $47.99 (cards + shipping) + tax for 100 cards. This is not inclusive of my time spent or the cost of the editing programs (Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop) and any stock images, which I pay for out of my own pocket.

Thank you for your kind understanding.

Update:

I just received confirmation that the Hotel will require vaccination and masks.

I’m really looking forward to a fun and safe meetup :smiley:

I’m all packed and ready to go. I’ve got meetup postcards, decorate tape and stamps, and some stacks of additional postcards for swapping!

3 Likes

Where are we meeting exactly? :slight_smile:

There’s two of us at bar in the Marriott! Haven’t seen our host yet. Hope everything is OK!

1 Like

Oh okay! I was near the lobby area

1 Like

Your host got lost :rofl: running over now, so sorry about the delay!

Hello. I’m interested in the card. May I swap with you? I have Beijing meetup cards to offer:
https://www.douban.com/photos/album/1890424645/?dt_dapp=1

Hi will there be another meet up at the upcoming Philly pen show for 2023?

1 Like

I will be attending the 2023 Philly Pen show; but I had not planned a meetup or designed a card. I’d be happy to set up a meetup if there’s interest!

3 Likes

I’ll be there as well! Do a good amount of Postcrossers attend the show? I’d love to meet with everyone even if it’s official/ unofficial!

I’m not sure any of the attendants to last year’s meetup actually attended the pen show, but I did gift everyone a beginner pen. Maybe someone will be interested this year?

Did you attend a Pelikan Hub this year? Postcrosssing had a pretty large feature in the magazine they handed out in the swag bag.

3 Likes