Oslo, Norway Wednesday May 18th, 2022 at 6:00pm

:world_map: CITY/REGION: Oslo, Norway
:pushpin: MEETUP PLACE: the Munch Museum (front entrance)
:calendar: DATE: May 18th, 2022
:alarm_clock: TIME: 6pm
:page_facing_up: MEETUP PLAN: Signing postcards, chatting about Postcrossing and other things, shopping for postcards, and of course viewing all the amazing art on display!

Hello all! We are getting back in the routine of regular meetups in Oslo. The May meetup will be on a slightly awkward date, but there is a reason for this - we will have a Dutch guest with us and this is the only date she will be able to join a meetup. So May 18th it is :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Please note the meetup time! We will be meeting a little later than usual because the museum (which normally costs 160 NOK to enter) will have free entry on Wednesday evenings this spring, starting April 1st. You just have to book your ticket in advance. I have booked tickets for SIX people. If there are more than six who sign up we will have to do another booking. So please RSVP!! Tickets can be booked on the museum’s website, here: https://shop.munchmuseet.no/billetter

The museum of course has the world’s foremost collection of works by Norway’s greatest painter, Edvard Munch. Work by other artists is also on display. We will visit as many of the exhibitions as we feel like :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: There is a museum shop which sells postcards, among other things. I’m unsure of where we will sit down to sign our cards - the museum has a cafe, a restaurant and a bar, but I’m not sure about the opening hours in May. We will definitely find a place to sit down though, never fear :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

If you’re planning to attend, you need to let us know in this thread. We have to book tickets in advance. Please use the RSVP function!!

Attendees (these PXers already have tickets!):
LeishaCamden
Inger71
Riek1955
KAS
Tanumine
arcticgirl64? or Rundstykket?
More are welcome … ! :smiley:

@KAS: It’s your job to promote this on Facebook as usual. :smile:

I’m not sure if there will be a meetup card for this meetup. Does anyone feel called to design one?

Hope to see many of you there! :smiley:

4 Likes

I will be there and will promote away :grinning:

1 Like

I’m in! :raising_hand_woman:

1 Like

I will will fly from Tromsø on 18th, at ID ticket. As far as I get on one of the planes, I will attend.

1 Like

Looking forward to meet you all :innocent: :heart_eyes:

I can put a card together if someone stops by there and takes some photos we can use :stuck_out_tongue:

Hi all, LeishaCamden took a bunch of photos of the MUNCH building in wonderful weather earlier this week and I’m going to do my best to put together a half decent meetup card. It’s not the easiest building to turn into a pretty postcard, but let’s try!

Time flies though, and I’ll need to order these very soon! I hope to have a design ready some time on Sunday. If you know you want cards, feel free to order them here asap. Price will as usual depend on final total size of our order, but usually comes to somewhere between 2 and 4 NOK per card. The fewer cards ordered = the more expensive per card.

1 Like

I’ll take 15! Thanks for designing :smiley:

1 Like

Great!

I’ll also sign myself up for 20, so total order so far is 35 :joy:

50 for me, please❤ Thank you for making!!

1 Like

20 for me please :heart_eyes:

1 Like

20 for me, please

1 Like

Alright, happy May 1st everyone!

Here’s the meetup card:

Skjermbilde 2022-04-29 kl. 17.50.56

Orders:
KAS - 20 (72 kr. Paid)
LeishaCamden - 15 (54 kr. Paid)
Inger71 - 50 (180 kr. Paid)
riek1955 - 35 (126 kr. Paid)
arcticgirl64 - 20 (72 kr. Paid)
ScandinavianTraveler - 20 (72 kr. Paid)

(Update: all paid, thanks everyone!)

I’ll order 250, since we are now at more than 100. This means plenty of cards are still available, right now 90 cards are still available.

Price per card will as usual be the price for 250 divided by how many each of us actually order in total, currently 160, because we are all paying for the leftovers :wink:

Update May 15: so final order number is 160. Unfortunately prices have gone up at Vistaprint too, so total price comes to 3.6 NOK per card. Please round up your final tally. For your convenience I’ve added amount due to the above list. I have vipps, or cash on the 18th is fine too. Leftover cards go in paper recycling.

4 Likes

I’ll joining too :slight_smile:

@LeishaCamden - do I have to order the ticket for the museum or do we have a common order?

@KAS I’d like 5 meetupcards :slight_smile:

1 Like

@ScandinavianTraveler you’ll need to book your own ticket, I have six spaces and they are all taken I’m afraid. Looking forward to seeing you! :smiley:

@riek1955 KAS and I were talking about going to eat something beforehand. Is that something you are interested in also? My suggestion is Villa Paradiso which is across the street from the museum. This is an Italian restaurant, they have a lot of pizza, but also some other dishes, pasta, meat and fish. They offer gluten free options :blush:

@LeishaCamden Thanks for your reply.
There are unfortunately no more tickets for sale for wednesday May 18th at 6pm. So I can’t join for the Munch museum :confused: but I’ll join you for dinner if you like

Hey @LeishaCamden i wil discus this with @Inger71 as we are together

thank you and we let you know in time

see you soon
Riek

@ScandinavianTraveler did you check for a little earlier? When I checked on Thursday there were tickets available for 5:45pm, then we would show up right after that and meet you inside :slight_smile:

@riek1955 great, do that! @KAS and I will definitely be having dinner, so whichever you decide is fine :slight_smile: