Organizing of Envelopes

I don’t have to heart to throw them,they have nice stamps on them ,so what you are doing to envelopes?Keeping them or throwing them? :email: :card_file_box::postbox:

5 Likes

I also don‘t have the heart to throw them away, so mostly I keep them! The exception is if the stamp on them is one I have received a lot before and the envelope doesn‘t look special in any other way, then I just cut out the stamp and keep the stamp, but throw out the envelope.

5 Likes

I keep everything. I guess I’m a bit of a completist.

9 Likes

I usually keep them for a long time ,I think it is also meaningful .

3 Likes

I tear off the stamps and throw away the envelopes.

3 Likes

Sometimes I’ll tear off the stamps and throw away the envelope, but if the envelope is special I’ll keep the stamps on there and keep the envelope like that.

2 Likes

I keep the stamps and reuse the rest of the envelope to write down notes, shopping list, to-do list etc.

6 Likes

The envelopes I received, without severe damage, beautifully signed and clearly profaned, I keep in an album for FDC. These envelopes are no less valuable to me than letters, postcards and attachments received in them.

3 Likes

I keep everything xD I don’t have the heart to throw away things people sent me, especially from abroad where I have never been physically

5 Likes

Aha, what a good way!

1 Like

I usually throw them away (or use them as paper to write notes on) after removing stamps, but sometimes there are really nice stamps and I am not sure if they will come off the envelope neatly, so then I just keep the whole envelope. I do have some FDCs too, but haven’t yet found time to organize them in to folders. So it is just a pile on table waiting to me sorted…

I generally hate to have lot of things around, so I am bit strict about what to keep and what to recycle/re-use.

2 Likes

I usually cut off and keep the stamp and any post office markings. I also cut out the address and any return addresses, and keep those too - I like the different hand writing that people have. It’s rare that I keep the whole envelope.

2 Likes

What is FDC?

First day cover

1 Like

I keep everything! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

It depends on the kind of letter. If it’s a private correspondence I usually keep the envelope. Everything else goes to the bin (after interesting stamps have been removed).

2 Likes

Thanks

If they’re really beautiful, I might keep them. Usually I cut out the stamp and donate it to charity, then recycle the rest of the envelope.

2 Likes

I keep everything. Sometimes I look through the envelopes (with postcards still in them) and it’s like a surprise to me all over again!

1 Like

I keep all my envelopes. In the stamp collecting world it is called an “entire” or “cover” meaning an intact envelope with stamps, postmarks, wear and tear etc.

2 Likes