Opinions on Shaped Cards?

I don’t have one to swap! Unless you want a regular postcard?

A regular card is fine! I don’t mind. : ) You’re welcome to PM me!

(I think that is super nice of you)

I only have 2 stores in my little town that sell postcards. One has what I call “true vintage” cards, some written and some not, very old, and usually a bit spendy. As I can, I will get some of those to add to my personal collection. I found a couple accordion cards in there today.

The other sells the modern viewcards and vintage repros that I pick up for Postcrossing - an amazing coincidence, he recently bought a 1000 postcard “lot” from an estate sale and it had scores of the accordion sets in it. I picked up 6 today - 5 for me and one for one of my upcoming lotteries. (When I get bored waiting for my sent cards to get registered, I deal with it by having a lottery).

1 Like

I love getting cards from vintage and antique shops! However, the closest one to me is around 20 minutes away, and I can’t drive - so I only go with friends. I always get the ones with animal artwork or cartoons, or painted landscapes, always blank! Here’s one I got today…

1 Like

Yes, most have a good solid tuck-flap. But I think if I sent one today, i would use an envelope to prevent the sorting machine from tearing or damaging it, regardless.

I have a few from the US Southwest. PM if you’d like to arrange a swap of some sort.

I love shaped cards! Unfortunately there aren’t any in my area to buy so I love to receive them. My favourites so far were a Japanese postbox card and a cat card.