Opinions on Shaped Cards?

I love shaped postcards. I don’t know why, but they just feel extra special to me and I definitely seek them out in swaps. As far as Postcrossing, I just send them to people if they happen to match with the person I’m sending to.

1 Like

These are cool. Where can you find shaped postcards?

I love shaped cards! Unfortunately it’s difficult to find them though, I only have one so far that I swapped before, but I would love to swap more in the future!!

1 Like

I also like shaped postcards. They are very special because of their different shapes. I also like postcards with special processes, such as gilding, movable plate printing and luminous.
I still have one round postcard at present, and there are luminous postcards. If you like it, you can exchange it with me.

6 Likes

I love shaped cards, I participate often at the Shaped card RR and also Shaped cars tag.

The illustrated ones are more beautiful, but there are also touristic shaped cards

Here are some that I offer usually at the tags

And round ones

8 Likes

Round Robin:

https://community.postcrossing.com/t/square-round-shaped-panoramic-cards-rr/10678

Tag:

https://community.postcrossing.com/t/unusual-size-or-shape-postcard-tag/32470

3 Likes

Here’s my box of leaves. The Japanese Maple leaf isn’t even big enough to take a UK postage stamp! :smile:

12 Likes

The Valentine’s card is from my own collection. You can find them at this site. You can probably find some on Etsy, too!

1 Like

These are lovely! I always ship my shaped cards in an envelope. I would love to swap with you one day if you’re ever interested. :blush:

1 Like

I personally like shaped cards! I luckily received a couple of them and I have a few in my collection to send to people who specifically ask for them, for they are a bit harder to come by :see_no_evil:

2 Likes

That’s kind offer! They were bought as gift for me to use as painting references. I’ve been told they got them off ebay or amazon though if you wanted to buy them.

Thank you.

I like the shape card very much, and my community has been committed to creating and selling them, they have received many customers like

5 Likes

I’ve never even heard of those! (I’m in the U.S. and lived through the '80s and '90s.) Can you post a pic of one?

I can send a photo of the one I have later. Here’s an example from Etsy!

1 Like

Wow – how did I miss these when they were cool?! Are they securely folded up when they’re mailed?

I believe so! I would probably send the one I have in an envelope for safe keeping, but you can just seal it. I don’t mind swapping it with you if you want one. It’s from North Pole, Colorado.

Hard to do with a single photo. I have a Mini one from Germany, and a standard sized one from Paris, Washington DC and Alaska. I got the US ones in the mid 80s and the Europe ones in the early 90s. Here is how they look using the Paris one (it photographed the best - of course) … :heart_eyes:

Front

Back

Side

Spine

“Opened”

It has 15 cards and one card that is the Paris Metro, with the list of all the other cards on the back of the metro card. I’ll send you that list and the “title sheet” in a separate message right next, since I think they limit the number of uploaded pix in a message. Thought you might want to go Etsy or eBay hunting. it occurs to me that I could probably make Accordion Postcards Booklets its own thread - might do that…

1 Like

And the title and list…

1 Like

Wow, thank you!