[OPEN] Please Share a short Positive and Meaningful Life Quote by Famous Indian Person for My One-Page Mini Zine Project

Hello, greetings from Japan!

I am thinking about making a one-page mini zine with an A4 size paper which will feature 7 different short positive and meaningful quotes for life by famous Indian persons.

Could anyone here share one(s) with me and tell me by who the quote(s) is / are ?

Eventually, I will choose 7 quotes by you, and if yours is chosen by me, I will send you or your loved one something from Japan, for examples - you can choose one :

• a Japanese year of Dragon postcard
  • a nice Japanese sticker sets
  • my handmade postcard made with my hand-carved stamp
  • my mini zine made with my hand-carved stamps
  • my handmade bookmark, made with my hand-carved stamp
  • a random nice Japanese view postcard
  • a nice Japanese letter set

Thank you so much in advance ! :slight_smile:

9 Likes

Cool project. I love this quote by poet Rabindranath Tagore:

Let us not pray to be sheltered from dangers but to be fearless when facing them.

4 Likes

Unity is our strength тАУ only together can we achieve our goals.
~ Rash Behari Bose

Quite the mind and the mind will speak.
~ Gautam Buddha

2 Likes

Arise Awake and not stop until the goal is reachedтАж
By Swami VivekanandaтАж

2 Likes

Indian nationalism depends on womenтАЩs rights, and liberation of India cannot be separated from the liberation of women

Sarojini Naidu

3 Likes

Thank you everyone so far!

I am still looking for short meaningful quotes for life :slight_smile:

1 Like

I like this one because it says to me that I can overcome anything I set my heart on:

тАЬAny transition is easier if you believe in yourself and your talent.тАЭ -Priyanka Chopra

2 Likes

"You must understand the whole of life, not just one little part of it. That is why you must read, that is why you must look at the skies, that is why you must sing, and dance, and write poems, and suffer, and understand, for all that is life. "

Jiddu Krishnamurti

I always resonate with this quote :blush: Hope its not too long :slight_smile:

5 Likes

рдореБрдЦреЬреЗ рдкрд░ рдзреВрд▓ рд▓рдЧреА рдорд╛рдирд╛ , рдорд╛рдерд╛ рдлреВрдЯрд╛ рдорд╛рдирд╛ рд▓реЗрдХрд┐рди ,
рдЧрд╛рд▓реЛрдВ рдкрд░ рдердкреНрдкреЬ рдЦрд╛рдпреЗ рд╣реИ , рдЬрдмреЬрд╛ рдЯреВрдЯрд╛ рдорд╛рдирд╛ рд▓реЗрдХрд┐рди ,
рдорд╛рдирд╛ рдХреЗ рдЖрдВрддреЗ рдЕрдХреЬ рдЧрдИ , рдкрд╕рд▓рд┐рдпреЛрдВ рд╕реЗ рд▓рд╣реВ рдирд┐рдХрд▓рддрд╛ рд╣реИ ,
рдЧрд┐рд╕ рдЧрдпрд╛ рд╣реИ рдХрдВрдХрд░ рдореЗрдВ рдШреБрдЯрдирд╛ , рдорд┐рд░реНрдЪ рд╕рд▓рд┐рдЦреЗ рдЬрд▓рддрд╛ рд╣реИ ,
рдорд╛рдирд╛ рдХреЗ рд╕рд╛рдБрд╕реЗ рдЙрдЦреЬ рд░рд╣реА, рдФрд░ рдзрдХреНрдХрд╛ рд▓рдЧрддрд╛ рдзреЬрдХрди рд╕реЗ ,
рд▓реЛ рдорд╛рди рд▓рд┐рдпрд╛ рдХреА рдХрд╛рдБрдк рдЧрдпрд╛ рд╣реИ , рдкреВрд░реНрдг рдмрджрди рдЕрдВрддрд░реНрдорди рд╕реЗ ,
рдкрд░ рдЖрдБрдЦреЛрдВ рд╕реЗ рдЕрдВрдЧрд╛рд░реЗ , рдирдердиреЛрдВ рд╕реЗ рддреВреЮрд╛ рд▓рд╛рдКрдВрдЧрд╛ ,
рдореЗрдВ рдЧрд┐рд░ рдЧрд┐рд░ рдХрд░ рднреА рдзрд░рддреА рдкрд░ , рд╣рд░ рд░реЛреЫ рдЦреЬрд╛ рд╣реЛ рдЬрд╛рдКрдВрдЧрд╛ ,
рдореБрдареНрдареА рдореЗрдВ рдмреАрдВрдЪ рд▓рд┐рдпрд╛ рддрд╛рд░рд╛ , рддреБрдо рдирдЧрд░ рдореЗрдВ рдвреЛрд▓ рдкрд┐рдЯрд╛рджреЛ рдЬреА ,
рдЕрдБрдзреЗрд░реЗ рд╣реЛ рд▓рд╛реЩ рдШрдиреЗ рдкрд░ рдЕрдБрдзреЗрд░реЗ рдЕрдирдиреНрдд рдирд╣реАрдВ ,
рдЧрд┐рд░ рдЬрд╛рдирд╛ рдореЗрд░рд╛ рдЕрдВрдд рдирд╣реАрдВ , рдЧрд┐рд░ рдЬрд╛рдирд╛ рдореЗрд░рд╛ рдЕрдВрдд рдирд╣реАрдВ |

If you like short poems I have many of them. Kind of motivational and self help types. If you want to know the meaning let me know I would be happy to share

2 Likes

Listen with your heart. - Cherokee Proverb

1 Like

We live in a wonderful world that is full of beauty, charm and adventure. There is no end to the adventures we can have if only we seek them with our eyes open.
тАУ Jawaharlal Nehru

3 Likes

@Riverseahorse

Do you happen to know very short quotes ? If yes, could you translate them into English?

1 Like

It is true that there is dust on the face, it is true that the forehead is cracked but,
Got slapped on the cheeks, thought the jaw was broken but,
It means that the intestines have become stiff, blood comes out from the ribs,
My knees are stuck in pebbles, they burn like chillies.
I feel as if my breathing is getting labored, and I am being pushed by my heartbeat,
LetтАЩs admit it, the whole body is trembling from within,
But I will bring embers from the eyes, storm from the nostrils,
Even if I fall to the ground, I will stand up every day.
You hold the star in your fist and beat the drum in the city.
Darkness may be a million thick but darkness is not infinite,
Falling is not the end of me, falling is not the end of me.

2 Likes

@Riverseahorse

Thank you a lot! It is touching. By who the quote is ?

However, it is a bit long and cannot fit in the little space of my one-page mini zine. If you happen to know short 1 - 3 sentence meaningful quotes, could you please share here and tell me by who the quotes are ? Thank you so much in advance. :slight_smile:

PS :
I can make another mini zine only with the quote you shared above, so you get something from me in Japan. Which item would you like from me ? - see my first post above :slight_smile:

1 Like

Still looking for short quotes.

Anyone else? :slight_smile:

Glad that you like it. I donтАЩt remember who has written this beautiful poem and I read this somewhere in the library. I have short poems if you like but they are not much. And itтАЩs okay I too like poems and quotes. Kindly not to send anything as quotes that poems make me happy too

1 Like

тАЬTo succeed in life and achieve results, you must understand and master three mighty forcesтАФ desire, belief, and expectation.тАЭ
Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam

1 Like

I have just made a one-page mini zine today with A4 sized paper of the poem that @Riverseahorse shared here - would you like a copy of it @Riverseahorse ? :

3 Likes

This is so beautiful and elegant :heart_eyes:
You have carved perfectly. However, mails seldom reach here being a rural area and a few more months to go before things get cleared and post works effectively.
This made my dayтАЛ:orange_heart::orange_heart:

1 Like

@Riverseahorse
Oh, I did not hand-carve stamps for this mini zine, I used store-bought stickers and my handwriting :wink:

1 Like