On Wax Seals

I use seals in postcards sometimes. It will stick there, if you pour the wax to the card, same as in an envelope.

1 Like

Yes, I often put a small initial of my name on my postcards

See:

(Much as I would like to use a bigger stamp - not enough real estate on the card!)

5 Likes

@S_Tuulia @Seracker thank you both!

I have one very small seal (about the size of Seracker’s) and a couple of larger ones. I’ll see what I can fit on my next few postcards :wink:

1 Like

This is brilliant! I use wax seals on letters for my penpals but have yet to try on postcards. I must find a tiny seal to try – a new found project for 2024 :slight_smile: I’ll have to take pics next time I do seals to share. thanks for creating this topic.

2 Likes

Christmas - the only time of the year I need an ice pack for sealing in bulk :sweat_smile:

9 Likes

Just a few of the Valentine Day wax seals I made.

6 Likes

I use both traditional sealwax and soft wax. I use the softer wax for the bigger seals as it is easier to melt them in a spoon. The traditional wax is more laborintensive to melt.

End of December and January wax seals

And first ones of February

11 Likes

I just started postcrossing and I have sent these stamps on my latest cards/envelopes

15 Likes

Hi. I just wanted to share my good clearance deal that I found today at Hobby Lobby. I cant pass up a good price!!

9 Likes

New seals I received over the weekend

One sent to @Sarena5436, the other to @CStar9

I hope you’ll like them! :sunglasses:

9 Likes

It’s February, “Month of Mail” (that needs to be sealed)

I didn’t want to buy a new seal, but how could I resist that? :snail: :heart_eyes:

12 Likes

I had a chocolate box and wanted to test if I can make fake chocolate seals with it :heart_eyes:

The plastic is so thin, I can’t make it straight to the card, but I melted the back of the seal and stuck quickly to the card, it survived the Finnish mail :smiley:

I think it could look so nice with a coffee related card :coffee:

5 Likes

What I have at the moment is this one which I use for really long

I had a wax seal that was Harry Potter themed but somehow it got lost
The one I consider getting is this one

9 Likes

Wow, at a Japanese 100 yen shop (like a dollar / Euro shop) today, all of these items below were 100 yen each (a bit less than a dollar or Euro) !!

7 Likes

Yesterday I bought a new sealing stamp of a swallow so I tried these two with it.

Also, I recently bought a cherry blossom sealing stamp.

5 Likes

I bought wax stick. It is harder than I’m used to, but it also smells a little like vanilla :thinking: (why?)

2 Likes

:flushed: that’s something new but maybe they are doing them scented because it does smell like burned plastic at the end ( or at least what I have ) . I do have 2 wax sticks as well and can say that also found it challenging in the begging but then I got used to it. For me it works when I do half of the drops from one side and then the other side. Don’t know if that will help

Oh yes, like scented candle.
Yes, better than burnt plastic :slight_smile: it does make sense!

I used waaay to much wax, but these are the ones i did today :grinning:

3 Likes