On Wax Seals

Because it was under #everything-else:hobbies before being moved here :laughing:

5 Likes

I make my wax seals and then glue them onto my envelopes or projects. I haven’t used them on postcards yet. I have received a few postcards with small sizes wax seals on them. I was happy they survived the journey.

5 Likes

Just wanted to post picture of what I’ve been doing.

9 Likes

I recently bought a sealing stamp of an anchor and I tried it this morning :

6 Likes

Hi everyone! I love wax seals also!!! I dont have that many colors, and i have not mastered mixing the colors. I need to work on that! Lately i have tried to put gold flakes into the wax while its wet, it looks neat but you couldnt really see the design that well.

9 Likes

Received this prettiest wax seal from a friend)):love_letter:

12 Likes

Wow, so lovely!
Thank you for sharing :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Multi coloured wax on beautiful envelope:)

8 Likes

Beautiful Birthday Wax I received on a bday mail :love_letter:

5 Likes

This one is my favourite :love_letter:

3 Likes

these are the ones i have

6 Likes

It’s hard to photograph a wax seal
Here is one mine that I thought I don’t use:

it should say “merry christmas” but I know it doesn’t :smile:
but I love the font style, and I don’t know why I often end up liking faulty things, like I think this is now one I like more than the one I bought with this.

4 Likes

Some wax seals of the last couple of months

13 Likes

Adorable birds from @Tony83

9 Likes

Sharing this cutest ever wax with lovely ostrich :heart_eyes:

7 Likes

For school mail :magic_wand: :postbox:

My tree seals

And I had to properly test my new snowflake seal

8 Likes

Can you mail envelopes with a wax seal without a problem? Or do you need to put it inside of another envelope? Or adhere extra postage?

2 Likes

If you use flexible wax (not the traditional kind that breaks), it should make it through the postal system just fine.
I send my penpals letters with wax seals on the envelopes all the time - no extra envelope involved

You may need extra postage if the envelope is too thick - consult the USPS regulations for more information?

3 Likes

I had received all my wax seals in perfect shape just without envelopes, below shared wax are on Envelope travelled through postal system

6 Likes

I wonder if you can affix a seal to postcards, provided the seal is not too thick? That would be fun :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like