October 1, 2023 WPD Meetup in Dayton, Ohio

Bookmark this post for updates!

:world_map: CITY/REGION: Dayton, Ohio
:round_pushpin: MEETUP PLACE: Wright Memorial Public Library (Community Room)
1776 Far Hills Avenue.
Oakwood, OH 45419
:calendar: DATE: Sunday, October 1, 2023
:alarm_clock: TIME: 1:30-4:30 pm EST (Library closes at 5pm)
:mailbox_with_no_mail:HOSTED BY: Erin and Carol (emotis and carolreader)
:page_facing_up: MEETUP PLAN: Time to celebrate World Postcard Day! Signing meetup cards, trading postcards, meeting friends. Optional envelope exchange, a trash and treasure table, and a few door prizes.

We will be meeting in the Community Room at the Wright Memorial Public Library. There are parking spaces and off street parking available. The library has Public Wi-Fi so you can connect to Postcrossing to get addresses, and if you need to print it costs .15 per page. The meeting room allows both food and drinks, so feel free to bring along coffee or whatever you need for a marathon afternoon of postcard signing! :smiley:

What to Bring?
A pen will get you very far at Meetups. If you just want to sign a few cards, write some postcards to send, and just share stories - you’re set for a good time! Some folks will get a little custom rubber stamper made - something that has their username or even something that identifies with them as a means of signing other Meetup cards. If you have something in mind, feel free to bring it with you and any other decorating tools you like to use!

Meetup Card:
A special meetup card is being printed and cost is determined by how many are ordered. Currently, the price is estimated to be .33 each. (will place the order on September 11 and will have the final price then) Please let me know how many cards you’d like, but know that you are not required to buy any of the cards to participate. Feel free to bring your own cards to have signed at the event!
EDITED on 9/11/23: Pre-Orders for Cards are now closed, and final cost is .20 per card. Cards are still available on a first come, first served basis

Envelope Exchange (optional)
We are having an envelope exchange. Please prepare an envelope with at least 10 different cards in it. We’ll then have a lotto to distribute the envelopes among those who entered. Postcard surprises are always fun!

Trash and Treasure
Bring any cards, washi tape, stickers, pens, or any other kind of postcard writing supplies you no longer want or need. It may be the perfect find for someone else! We’ll have a table set up where you can leave behind your unwanted cards and supplies and look for some new items for yourself.

Note:
Please hit the “going” button at the top of this post to let us know how many people we can expect.
Meetup card orders:
Co-host emotis
Co-host carolreader
@felicityhope (20) = $4.00
@loisir (20) = $4.00
@ThePOSTCARDPerfect (50) = $10.00
@Meg901 (20) = $4.00
@YouvegotMika (10) = $2.00
@saula (25) = $5.00
@SmithBenedikt (100) = $20.00
@OhMyPostcard (30) = $6.00
@CarolBr (25) = $5.00
@kelseyjane (10) $2.00
@Janinelily (25) = $5.00
@jakeast (25) = $5.00
@WordNerd (20) = $4.00
@KYCC (20) = $4.00
@abigailthehistoric (4) = .$80
@GoldieBug (50) = $10.00
@erin0818 (20) = $4.00
@AmandaPost (50) = $10.00
@butterfly_lover (20) = $4.00
@melvnoble (10)

Bookmark this post for updates!

8 Likes

I’d love to come, and don’t have other plans that day. 25 meetup cards? Does that sound reasonable? So nice to have a meetup in Ohio.

2 Likes

I live on southeast side of Cincinnati, and very interested in attending. Definitely want these special postcards. How much are they?

3 Likes

The more I order the price per piece goes down. Right now they would be 50 cents a piece… but I’m hoping to get them down to .25 each.

I am ordering at least 250 as of now. Will gauge interest and place the order around September 11. :smile:

1 Like

So, this felicityhope once again. Put me down for 20 postcards. See you in a few weeks, and so excited be part of this special date.

2 Likes

What a fun card design!

3 Likes

Hi, I am going to attend this meetup. Can I have 20 postcards please and thank you! I will bring cash for them. Excited to meet you all!

2 Likes

Please note the venue and time change! We are now meeting in the community room at the Wright Memorial Public Library, 1776 Far Hills Avenue Oakwood, Ohio 45419.

1 Like

@WalkinMomma Maureen!! So fun to see you post in this thread!

@emotis @carolreader This local meetup sounds like so much fun and I would love to be there if possible! I live about 25 minutes north in Troy! Thank you for making this possible! :heart:

3 Likes

Yes,please I really love to go.I live in Carey,OH but been to Dayton before to visit the Air Force Museum.Thank you for inviting me.This will be my first meet up here in US since moving back from the Philippines 8 years ago.

2 Likes

I want to order 50 pcs of the meet up card.
Thank you.

2 Likes

How fun, I will be there! Thanks for the invite. Could I please order 20 cards?

3 Likes

I would love to be there but I will be in the hospital for major surgery. I’ve been collecting postcards since I was a little kid and I’m 73 now. I would love a card from the meet up to add to my collection if that’s possible. Have a great meet up. Hopefully I can see you the next time. Eileen

2 Likes

Wish I could go, but that’s 3 hrs one way for me. I’m a teacher & the thought of driving 6 hrs in one day is exhausting. Have fun

2 Likes

Hi Eileen,
just send a message with your address, and we’ll get you a card after the meetup.
Carol

3 Likes

Hi! I’d love to come! Could you put me down for 10 meetup cards?

1 Like

How exciting!!! I can’t wait!:love_letter::mailbox_with_mail::postbox::heart:put me down for 25 cards! I’ll bring a pan of brownies and my hot water kettle for tea and cocoa!:teapot: so excited to meet everyone!

1 Like

Thank you for putting this together. May i request 100 Postcards? I mean, this is the first meetup in southwest Ohio I have heard of in years… surely they will be greatly treasured collectors’ items

4 Likes

This is a long drive for me being near Cleveland but I have never been to one and I am SO excited. Please put me down for 30 cards.

4 Likes

Thank you! I would love to come, and could you put me down for 25 cards? Thanks again; I’m looking forward to it!

1 Like