Oct 1 2023: Boston/Cambridge WPD Meetup

:world_map: CITY/REGION: Boston, MA
:round_pushpin: MEETUP PLACE: Tatte, South Station
125 Summer Street, Boston, MA 02110

:calendar: DATE: Oct 1, 23
:alarm_clock: TIME: Noon - 3 PM
:page_facing_up: MEETUP PLAN: Write and sign postcards, chat, meet

Hello!

I am pretty new to postcrossing and to the area. I have never hosted a meet-up and have only attended one (not in Boston), but I was wondering if there was interest in a Boston/Cambridge area meet-up for WPD (or if there is already one in the works, apologies if I have missed the post somewhere)! Perhaps Sunday afternoon at a cafe? Please let me know what you think, or if there are any volunteers, I would be happy to help co-plan!

We have a meetup card! Please let @sarahaeyo how many you’d like to order below:)

Cheers and Happy Postcrossing!

:point_up: Please make sure to read the Meetup Guidelines before signing up for a meetup.

6 Likes

This one is happening up there for the whole month. @CStar9 is heading it up

1 Like

Hello! I am very interested in a Cambridge or Boston meetup. I have only attended one so far and it was held at Time Out Boston in the Fenway. It was a great time!

1 Like

I’d be game to try to attend an in-person one. :slight_smile: The one I’m planning is a-synchronous.

I’m also interested in the in-person meetup. I don’t have the time to help plan, but could make it if it is 1 pm or later.

In recent years, Tatte coffee shop and Porter Square Panera have been used. Coffee shops tend to have flexible seating and be great places to chat.

FionaT

1 Like

I’d definitely be interested in attending

I am interested!

I would definitely be interested in attending. I have just recently found out there’s a post office open on Sundays in Boston so I was already planning on going to have my cards postmarked on WPD.

1 Like

Looks like there’s interest! @WalkinMomma that’s a great idea, it looks like it’s the South Station Post office that’s open Sundays. Does anyone know any good meetup locations near there? Timeout and Panera Porter look great, but are a bit far from South Station. Also, if anyone has experience designing/ordering a meetup card and wants to take lead, that would be fantastic!

Hi, I’m sorry I am not from that area and am only in town occasionally so I can’t suggest a place. Hoping others have some suggestions. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I’d attend. I would happy to emcee a game – either a postal trivia contest or a postcrossing bingo game I developed – as part of the festivitiees. I’d be driving up from Providence, RI.

1 Like

A year ago, we held it at the Tatte across the street from SS. There are some outdoor public spaces in the area if the weather is nice too :slight_smile:

Feel free to PM me if you want to coordinate~ Planning to attend this as well!

tagging folks from past meetup threads:

@astrochemist @MailedByMsNik @kristencat @hamsun @AmandaSC @holhart @gibsonpark @Cera1985 @AlixW @MrsForrest @bm123i @NewEnglandEllen @bluedecemberart @Mitto @stace20 @Ranger-Girl @Exceptionalistan @snailmail_ashcubes @Socraju @volvomom

4 Likes

working with @postcardi, we have a meetup card! :love_letter:
(also stay tuned for a finalized time and location)

i will be asking soon for folks to give me numbers on how many cards they want so i can ballpark a order amount; so please let me know. prices will depend on the i amount order (based on the break even on the cost of cards), so tbd on that for now.

8 Likes

Interested but depends a little on the time!
Alix W.

Unfortunately i wont be in town so wont be able to make it. Have so much fun!

1 Like

I wish I could make it but I will be traveling! Have a great time!

1 Like

I am interested in purchasing cards and attending. Very much looking forward to it!

As much as I would LOVE to attend, I now have a side gig at a local cafe on the weekends and probably won’t be able to make it! I hope you all have fun!

1 Like

I am interested in attending and I would purchase 20 cards :slight_smile:

1 Like