Nottingham meetup - 3 February 2024

:world_map: CITY/REGION: Nottingham, UK
:round_pushpin: MEETUP PLACE: Lakeside Arts Centre - DH Lawrence Pavilion, University Park, Nottingham, NG7 2RD
:calendar: DATE: 3 February 2024
:alarm_clock: TIME: 1pm at DH Lawrence Pavilion
:page_facing_up: MEETUP PLAN: Tour the Living Letters exhibit at Lakeside Arts Centre (Living Letters: Correspondence then and now | Lakeside Arts, Nottingham), browse the gallery shop and buy postcards, then head to the cafe to eat and sign cards!

Hi all! After the successful Midlands meetup hosted by the wonderful @MoominMog and @jobloggs in Birmingham, me and @ZoeJN are teaming up with @jobloggs to bring Postcrossing to Nottingham. There’s an exhibition about the history of writing letters up to modern day, what better event for a bunch of postcard-sending enthusiasts! All are welcome - Nottingham is well-connected by road and rail.

Entry to Lakeside Arts is free. The venue is all on one level and has accessible toilets and powered doors. We’ll be walking outside between two buildings, DH Lawrence Pavilion and Djanogly Gallery, which are about 500 ft apart with a direct path between the two.

Information on getting to Lakeside Arts and access is available on their website (Plan Your Visit | Lakeside Arts, Nottingham)

If coming by train you can get the tram directly from the station. The trams run around every 10 minutes, and Lakeside Arts is by the University of Nottingham stop on the Toton Lane-Hucknall line. Ticket info is on their website (Tickets) - just be aware you must buy your tickets before boarding!

The free car parks at Lakeside fill up quickly, however you can also park anywhere on the neighbouring University campus for free at the weekend - I recommend the car park just up the road, outside the Pharmacy school (https://maps.app.goo.gl/yePyHERmxr9S8fbV6). Lots of blue badge spaces are available as well.

Event postcard:

20p each - please let me know how many you would like to reserve.

I think that’s everything for now - please let me know if I’ve missed anything super obvious or necessary!

GOING
@BriJN
@ZoeJN
@jobloggs
@iliketrains
@EDC83
@Potatosium
@JennyAssis
@SusChris
@sarahmccunney + husband
@simmo11

:point_up: Please make sure to read the Meetup Guidelines before signing up for a meetup.

8 Likes

Thanks SO much @BriJN and @ZoeJN for organising this! I can take very little credit for either the Birmingham meet up or this one, but I am excited to attend my first meet up!

As you mentioned, I am happy to come to the train station to pick people up if this will help - however I only have 4 seats in my car (well 5, but I’ll be taking one!!!)

Looking forward to seeing the meet-up card! :heart:

3 Likes

Can you add me as a yes with the caveat that depending on when my house sale goes through I may be moving…

2 Likes

Please may I be added provisionally :smiling_face:

2 Likes

If I didn’t have plans to be in the Lake District that weekend, I’d be joining you. I haven’t visited Nottingham in years!

3 Likes

Ah enjoy the Lake District! Maybe another time :smiling_face:

2 Likes

Please add me to the list, never thought there’d be a meetup right on my doorstep!

3 Likes

I would like to come please, can you let me know when the meet-up card will be ready, thanks.

3 Likes

Hi! I’d love to come along too. Please add me to the list.

3 Likes

I have added you all! Looking forward to meeting you! Truthfully I’ve not made any further moves with the postcard, but I will get things moving and update when I can :smiling_face:

3 Likes

Heya, can I be added to the list of people going too please :smiley: just got my offduty back and my day off has been confirmed so I can definitely say I’m coming now

5 Likes

I would have absolutely loved to come to this meet up, but I’ve got plans to be down south with my family as we are going to see Everybody’s Talking About Jamie, I’m so sorry :sob::heart: I’ll be there at the next one x

4 Likes

I’ve heard nothing but good things about it, I hope you enjoy it!

1 Like

@Natea has made a fab design for the postcard:

They will be 20p each, please let me know how many you’d like to order :smiling_face:

@EDC83 10
@iliketrains 10
@jobloggs 20
@Maddymail 10
@Potatosium 10
@JennyAssis 25
@simmo11 15
@sarahmccunney 20

8 Likes

Hi please can I have TEN meet up cards, thank you…

1 Like

10 for me as well please

1 Like

Amazing @Natea ! Got to have Robin Hood on there! :grin:

Can i have 20 please @BriJN ? Please let me know how to pay you! :hugs:

2 Likes

Hello dear Postcrossers!
I would be very interested in swap the wonderful card.
My offers:

Enjoy your meetup and thank you in advance.

PM’d you :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Can I have 10 postcards please :heart_eyes:

1 Like