Nottingham meetup - 3 February 2024

Could I get 10 of those too please!

Thank you!

1 Like

Nottingham Postcard Fair

Might be of interest - thereā€™s the quarterly(?) Nottingham Postcard Fair just down the road on the same day from 1000-1600, Iā€™ve never been before so canā€™t vouch for how good (or not!) it is.
If I manage to convince myself that I donā€™t already have more than enough postcards for one lifetime then I might pop along prior to the meetup.

4 Likes

Great find @iliketrains !

1 Like

Oooohh, this is the site that I sourced those lovely Steam Around Britain and Robin Hood Postcards!

2 Likes

We will be there @SusChris, myself and my husband.
Can I have 25 postcards please.

3 Likes

This is great news Jenny!

1 Like

Can I please order 15 cards if not too late?

Cheers

2 Likes

Apologies all for not being around recently! @JennyAssis Iā€™ll add you both, great to have you coming! And Iā€™ll put aside the cards for you and @simmo11 :smiley:

Ah @ZoeJN and I went to the last one of these in 2023, how serendipitous! Iā€™d not paid attention to this yearā€™s dates at all. Most of the stalls seemed to be for collectors of written cards, but there were a few that had a great selection of blank cards, and one chap and his wife in particular who were very enthusiastic about us being Postcrossers and helping us find some treasures. Would definitely recommend, itā€™s not far to walk/drive or the universityā€™s Hopper Bus will be running as itā€™s a Saturday - happy to provide links if anyone wants :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Please add me to the list as well! I will be there with my husband.

Put me down for 20 postcards please!

2 Likes

Hello you all and sorry for bursting in. I saw your nice MeetUp Card and want to ask for a swap.
I have this MeetUp Cards for swap now available:

And of course I have other cards too for exchange. I hope to hear from someone whoā€™s interested in swapping. Best regards, Zandy

Lovely to have you both aboard! Iā€™ll add you to the going list :smiling_face:

1 Like

Can you upgrade me to definite please as Iā€™ll definitely not be moving house that weekend now (alas, the joys of the property market!).

Let me know how I should pay for my cards.

Cheers.

3 Likes

Hi all,

It is with regret I wonā€™t be able to make this Meetup,
I have been roped into a Work event, I really must attend and canā€™t really get out of it.

I hope you all have fun!

@BriJN Iā€™ll send you a PM shortly about the meetup postcards.

Mark :smiling_face:

2 Likes

The postcards are here and looking gorgeous! :star_struck:

Iā€™ve sent everyone PMs about payment, thank you if you already got back to me! Really looking forward to next weekend :grin:

It was brought to my attention (thanks @JennyAssis!) that there are train strikes on the day of the meetup, with one of the affected companies being East Midlands Railway :sob: Hopefully it doesnā€™t affect many of your travel plans, but if anyone canā€™t make it at any point, just let me know and Iā€™ll arrange to get your cards signed and posted to you.

Looking forward to seeing you all! And if anyone would still like to join us, youā€™d be very welcome!

4 Likes

The cards look great! :heart:

There always seem to be train strikes! I really hope everyone can still get there - Iā€™m looking forward to it!

Swap found

1 Like

Iā€™ve messaged you :slightly_smiling_face:

Just 1 week till our meet-up! :partying_face:

2 Likes

Hello! Looking for a swap. I am from Italyā€¦I have Venice cards or some Italian meetup. Thank you very much!

All ready for tomorrow!

PS. I still have postcards from the past meetings that I had hosted, 10 postcards = Ā£1 send me a message if interested.

6 Likes