Northwest Florida Beach Meetup, September 18, 2022

Subject : Northwest Florida Beach Meetup, United States, Sunday, September 18, 2022

REGION: Florida, USA
CITY: Navarre Beach
MEETUP PLACE: Sea Oat Pavilion on Navarre Beach. Past the Turtle Conservation Center, the very last pavilion on the Gulf side.
DATE: September 18, 2022
TIME: 10:00 AM to 1:00 PM Central Time
MEETUP PLAN: Meet other local Postcrossers, learn more about Postcrossing, and maybe write some postcards.

What to bring:

• If you have any extra postcards you want to trade or give away, bring them! We’ll have a “trade/share” box. Same with stickers and washi tape, or even markers and pens.
  • Some people bring some of their postcard collection to show off interesting cards.
  • Bring a pen and an ink stamp (if you have one). Some people like to have a bunch of the meetup postcards signed by all of the meetup participants.
  • There are picnic tables and small grills on the pavilion. I plan on bringing charcoal and some hot dogs and chips to share with everyone. Bring your own drinks and anything else you might want to throw on the grill.

There are restrooms next to the pavilion and plenty of free parking.

The pavilion is right on the beach and the reservation is for 7:30 AM to 7:30 PM, so feel free to come earlier or stay later just to enjoy our beautiful Navarre Beach!

I’m going to have some meetup postcards made with the meetup information and I have a couple nice photos of the beach there. I’ll charge what I paid for them – definitely less than $1.00 each, hopefully no more than 50 cents each. I’ll post a picture of it soon.

BAD WEATHER PLAN (we DO live on the Gulf Coast!): The pavilion is covered so we should be good with sun and even a bit of rain. If, worst case, we have bad weather that day, I’ve reserved the same location for the following Sunday, September 25, 2022.

I’ve only been to 2 meetups (3 by Sept – I’m going to the one in Ocean Springs, MS in Aug!), so I’m sure there’s information I should have given. Please ask questions!

2 Likes

Hope you get a good turn out. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks - I’m excited to have a local meetup!

2 Likes

I meant to mention in the information - there are no dogs or other animals allowed at Navarre Beach. Sorry!

1 Like

I’ll try to go.

1 Like

I would love to come but do not know what to expect as I have not been to a meetup before. What is the normal number of cards to bring to share for swap and any particular themes that are more popular?
I will have to rely on someone to drive me as I am 3 hours drive (one way) so someone would be me, is that okay? Thanks, this sounds like fun!

2 Likes

Please come and bring a friend! Who knows, maybe your friend will become a Postcrosser, too!
You don’t have to bring any cards to swap, but people generally bring ones that they don’t want to use themselves. Personally, I’ve bought a number of sets online and there’s always some I know I won’t use. But, someone else (maybe you!) may really like them. We’ll have a box to put the cards in and everyone can pick through it. It’s not meant to be one-for-one. Just bring 4 or 5, or more if you want to clean up your stash. Same with stickers and washi tape.
I think the most fun part of a meetup is meeting other Postcrossers and talking about how we each participate in Postcrossing.
Please let me know if you have any other questions and I look forward to meeting you!
Tanya

2 Likes

Thank you, I am not sure if I can commit yet because of the ride but I will do my best, and will keep an eye on the post to see how the numbers are going. Thanks for responding and I certainly hope I can come!! Have a great week!

Put me down as a tentative also. I’ve never been to a Postcrossing Meetup and since this is my town, I’d hate to miss the opportunity. I’ll know my schedule better closer to the date.

I hope you can make it!

Hi, Tanya. Thanks for including me in the invite. I will put it on my calendar and try to make it. I’m new to meet ups, too. My sister lives in Navarre and she may come with me. Hope to see you there.

2 Likes

Here’s the Meetup Postcard! I ordered them today from Vista Print (you can see the faint “proof” marking). I stuck with a basic picture because I think it speaks for itself! We have such amazing beaches here on the Gulf of Mexico! They cost 30 cents each and I’ll have them at the meetup.(And some change!) Also, I’d be happy to send some to anyone who’s interested and can’t be there. But, hopefully, I’ll see you there!
Tanya

1 Like

And, here’s the back of the meetup postcard.
Tanya

Nice - I put myself down as “Going”. I’m in Ocean Springs, so I think that is about 3 hours away for me. I have military duty Sat, and should be able to drive back home Sat evening. So as long as I don’t have to stay on duty through Sun, I think I can make it. And I hope you don’t have weather problems, but if you do and have to wait a week, then I’ll come for sure! I love Florida!!

I like your idea of the “trading box”. Neat.

1 Like

I’ll see you at your meetup in Ocean Springs!

Hello, I enjoyed meeting you at the Ocean Springs meeting. I really would like to make your meet up. Navarre Beach is such a beautiful place and it sounds like we will have great fun and thank you again for the great mailing tips, cards, and washi tapes.

I have plans that day, but I’m in Pensacola and just started doing Postcrossing. I’d love to meet up with others who are doing it…Maybe the next one!

1 Like

OK - my fella has agreed to come with, so we’ll be there! Yeah! (The pupper will be along for the ride, but he will stay in the RV. He’s used to it.) Looking forward to seeing you again!

1 Like

Yay! Tell your guy there’s free hot dogs! And thanks so much for the extra meetup cards you sent me. I’ll use them!

1 Like

Met up in Oceans Springs. It was so much fun meeting other post carders! Wish I could make this one. Will be traveling. Have fun, hope to see you all again!

1 Like