No post sad face 😞 - Days without Cards

Anyone else pull a sad face when they literally get no mail ? Today was the first day in ages since joining postcrossing doing swaps and writing to pen pals that I had none lol maybe it’s me being silly. Life is so much better since I’ve been getting postcards from all over the world!!

72 Likes

Yep, I got nothing today either, it sucks.

7 Likes

This was me today, better luck tomorrow :laughing::crossed_fingers:

7 Likes

Our postwoman (can I really say that?) usually comes once a week on Friday, and today she decided not to come… Or may be I don’t have post while I think I should. There’s slight hope she’ll come tomorrow, she sometimes does, but I am quite sad that I won’t have mail for another week!

18 Likes

I have very often sad face :no_mouth:

6 Likes

I get mail once a week or every 15 days. Sometimes, once a month :).

Here post office don’t sort normal mail everyday, so frequency of receiving mail depends on their sorting frequency. Also, I live on the outskirts of my town, so postwoman don’t prefer to come all way long for just one card ( I don’t blame them), so she will collect some cards and then deliver a bunch.

23 Likes

Today was the one day of the week I got some post! :smile: (so I can very much relate)

6 Likes

The mail delivery sucks in Finland. The Posti of Finland decided to set new limits for mail delivery:
there are areas which get their mail in Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays,
and other areas for the delivery in Tuesdays and Thursdays. So… there are many no-mail-days and when it comes, there could be 15 postcards together.

Edit.
I have never seen our mail carrier. He or she doesn’t carry anything. The delivery happens directly from the car window to the mail box on the side of the street. My mail box is not just where my house is.

16 Likes

I am still new but have sent more than I’ve received. I have only gotten 3 cards - 3 awesome cards though. :slight_smile: Still eagerly hoping for more!

12 Likes

I have to rent a PO box due to poor mail service, which is sad itself. I visit it once or twice a week and it happens to be empty for a week or two. But I’m not very active in exchanges, so it’s common in my case.

8 Likes

I’m really grateful for you all who are sharing. I’m not happy that you have to go so many days without mail, but it really puts things in perspective. Here in the US so many of us get mail delivered right to our house almost every day of the week… and still folks will complain. Hope you all receive lots of beautiful cards and letters soon. :people_hugging::heart:

23 Likes

In USA the gender neutral term for a postman/woman would be ‘carrier’ (letter carrier).

14 Likes

I didn’t receive anything for five months :confused:
The postal system here in Egypt is very bad :sob:

14 Likes

Not at all. A day without bills is always OK.
It makes a happy to send a card that day. You know You will make people happy. (I hope)

5 Likes

Well, in my case I know it’s a woman )

3 Likes

Once a week!!!??? :exploding_head: Where I live in the UK, it can be hit or miss and we don’t see the postman even in the area on some days. Who remembers TWO deliveries a day? First class in the morning and second class after lunch. You could set your watch by the post slipping through the letterbox.

13 Likes

I haven’t had a Postcrossing card ( excluding the Forum) this month yet, first time this has happened to me. All mine seem to be arriving !
Other mail as usual. :cry:

4 Likes

Well, to be fair, to get to my place she needs to walk uphill for around 45 mins (or more), the change of altitude is +100 metres and I kind of understand her reluctance to do it for a single card/letter. And post is just not really common, I don’t know anyone who still sends/receives snail mail.
But it’s still sad on a personal level to be always in wait for mail.

6 Likes

Would you believe it ! Straight after posting my little moan the postman has just brought me 3 cards :grinning:

16 Likes

WOW!! That is a trek! To be fair on our mail carriers, they are brilliant and during COVID were a real lifeline. Rain, snow or blistering heat they do their job. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :trophy:

6 Likes