Newbies - Do you want to share your 'Activity per Month' wins?

Oh wow!! Your postie will need to be carting an extra trailer with them when they come to deliver your cards after a three week pile up :grimacing:.

Let’s see how we go in August :crossed_fingers:t2::chart_with_upwards_trend::crossed_fingers:t2:.

1 Like

Today is my 1 year Postcrossing anniversary and I went to check this very thing!!!

3 Likes

Congrats on your one year anniversary Devan! :partying_face::tada::cake:

Is your bouncing ‘received’ activity a result of something you did on purpose (inactive status/being away etc)…or is it an artifact from your postal delivery system? It looks pretty funny…either way. :yum:

I was wondering that too…but now I realize that is the two times they dropped, both times I was going through a short sad time and didn’t have the energy to keep up with life responsibilities (like registering cards!)

1 Like

I hope that you are ok now Devan. Warm virtual hugs from Oz :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:!

1 Like

Oh yeah, I am, thank you! We all have those periods of “less than amazing” time. That are temporary.

1 Like

I also check my graphs regulary.

This was my first year:

and there are past twelve months

Just like other members from Germany December was a busy writing month. :writing_hand:
Now my received cards got up faster, because I send out a bunch of cards at Postcrossings 17. birthday- I sent 17 cards to be precise :blush: and most of them go to Russia, which means a longer travel time, but the algorithm decided to give out my address before my sent cards get registered. Lets hope they catch up soon :slight_smile:

And the is my whole postcrossing journey so far:

1 Like

That’s a very satisfying uptick in sent that you had at the end of your first year @Jarana!

I jumped the gun posting my graphs yesterday and thinking they were done. I’ve received another hurray message overnight and because it was still July where the receiver was…it went into my July stats (at least I assume that’s what happened…the hurray message came to me at 12:25 am…so early on the 1st August).

So now my graph also has a very satisfying uptick in sent - 16!! :heart_eyes:

4 Likes

As far as I know Postcrossing refers to the Coordinated Universal Time (UTC) and that means July ends in 2h, so if cards are registrated in these 2 hours, they still count for July.

1 Like

So do you think if I rush down to the postoffice right now - to check my postbox, and have some ‘received’ they would also fall into July? I didn’t think of that! It’s already August here so I thought if I registered a card now it would fall in my August stats! I better get cracking. :yum:

1 Like

Yes, they still count for July, although even here August has begun.

1 Like

Mine has a pattern as well! I find it funny! I always get my postcards in a bunch.

5 Likes

So August is only three days old and already I am well on the way to meeting last months ‘received’ total.

Today my postbox was literally awash with official postcards! :partying_face::dancer::man_dancing:t3::dancer::man_dancing:t3::dancer::man_dancing:t3::partying_face:. I’ve just finished, reading and replying to them all. It was such a wonderful thing to be doing on this cold wet Canberra winter’s day! :cold_face::cold_face::cold_face:

4 Likes

All hell broke loose today as I received 15 official cards today and 11 of those were sent on the same day, July 03.

6 Likes

Postcrossing loves you❣️

3 Likes

Oh wow Manish!! You may need to invest in a larger letterbox one day :grimacing::yum:. Did you see the post delivery person? I just wondered if they knew anything about the delays?

I’m glad you’ve received some cards. :partying_face:

2 Likes

Actually, now they just call me on weekend, to collect mail ( I live far outside the town). They told me that they sort normal mail only on Saturday if time allows. For rest of the day, they sort only registered mail.

So, if I am lucky, I will get cards every Saturday or else once 15 days or once in three weeks like this time.

1 Like

So my stats are not currently looking great for August…

There’s a very noticeable lack of cards ‘sent’. I’m not sure why. They’re all sent. In transit. But apparently not landing anywhere. :cry:

And the way I’m headed…I’m going to hit the 100 received milestone BEFORE I hit 100 sent! :face_with_raised_eyebrow::face_with_hand_over_mouth:

How are you going?

1 Like

Please do a drum roll before scrolling down to see my activity chart

insert drum roll here

Ta-dah! I’ve only just starting PC and thought this was funny, looking at all your proper graphs with the years+ of activity and mine…where one of my initial five cards has arrived (9 days, UK to Japan). I’m hoping I can receive some this month too, so I actually have a base point from which to build up my stats in September+!

8 Likes

I love that the graph is in decimals, as though you might have sent or received half a postcard :sweat_smile:

3 Likes